A New study suggests that e cigs cause cancer By Altering Your DNA

E cigs cause cancer through DNA mutations, a new study warns.

A team of researchers from the University of Minnesota has discovered that tobacco vapor devices introduce three chemicals (formaldehyde, acrolein and methylglyoxal), whose levels increased after vaping and these are known to damage DNA.

thetelegraff.com/e-cigs-cause-cancer/

Attached: cigarretes.jpg (960x640, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/tobacco-companies-taking-over-the-e-cigarette-industry_us_58b48e02e4b0658fc20f98d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is clearly a study funded by big tabacoo

>causes cancer by altering DNA
Literally how any cancer happens, unless it's hereditary like FAP.

This
Also there's no details of their test methodology other than "we blew vapor at some cells in a peetree dish lmao"

How do I upgrade the firmware of my e-cig?

Attached: 1400459051921.jpg (640x640, 146K)

go to your nearest ecig shop and say those specific words
"whats your latest model"
works every time

tobacco vapor devices and actual vapes which burn glycerin and glycerol are two different things

I said upgrade firmware, not change hardware! Are there any competent men in here? >:(

Gods I hope this is true, E-Cig faggots who are too scared to smoke like real men are a disgrace to the male species.

this

my thought exactly but I also don't care either way

>ayyy lamo science, trust us cuz science
Stop it, leaf !
this is too cringe even for you.

But what if actually strengthens me trough fucking up my DNA?

Attached: 1516183580644.gif (275x207, 820K)

Sounds like a beginning of a marvel movie.

You're just like jelly. Like, fuck off, plese?

Attached: .jpg (996x1035, 129K)

smoking is cool, e-smoking makes you look like a cunt

There are retards who unironically believe this.
They probably think it's manly.

til vegetable glycerin heated and inhaled changes my dna.

was nobody else amused by the fact you could smoke with a device powered by usb? i thought it was fascinating.

Yeah, surly sucking up all that tar in to your lungs is better for you.

thats no e-cig thats a dildo

Did you know life causes cancer?

Who do you think is making all the nicotine juices to begin with?

In summary, our results demonstrate that endogenous formation of the carcinogenic nitrosamine NNN occurs in the oral cavity of e-cigarette users. This source of exposure to the known human carcinogen should be taken into account when the potential health impact of long-term e-cigarette use is assessed. Future studies of NNN exposure in e-cigarette users should be based on salivary, rather than urinary, measure- ments. Given that the oral cavity and esophagus are target tissues for NNN carcinogenicity, such an approach is also highly relevant for the evaluation of the carcinogenic potential that may be associated with the endogenous formation of NNN in e-cigarette users.
Title of study is: Presence of the Carcinogen N‑Nitrosonornicotine in Saliva of E‑cigarette Users
The study shows that any orally ingested nicotine product can be attributed to increased levels of NNN, which is a known carcinogen, although I am unsure of what levels are considered safe over what period of time. They specifically mention that this could not be attributed to e-liquid, but rather any tobacco product.

your copy and paste is working. well done.

What if it makes me into my fursona?!... Or even better, what if it makes me become a girl?

That was from the actual study, not the article. The study requires access to a paid account which many people do not have access to. I also added the paragraph on the bottom.
Fag

>formaldehyde
Do e cigs really use this?

yeah, try to explain to my parents they think food other than bananas can cause cancer

lmao hopefully they die

>spills coffee on petri dish, all cells die
COVFEFE IS POISON!!1!!1
>spills coffee on petri dish with cancer cells, they also die
MUH COVFEFE CURES CANCER

I love science. Also, how and when did journalists get this despicable?

All cancer is caused by alterations of your DNA, gooftard.

Cancer is literally enough harmful mutations in your cells, which spread forming tumours though

Stop posting in a propaganda thread. Sage goes in all fields.

>formaldehyde
I thought I was vaping not smoking meth

Yeah, your previous thread about 5G = Cancer didn't work so you had to change the topic a bit. Fuck off.

>formaldehyde, acrolein and methylglyoxal

great, I always wanted va-11 hall-a drinks IRL

>too scared to smoke
oh yeah, I totally love feeling like shit every day and knowing that my future health is on the line. I used e-cigs to help quit and they did wonders. Admittedly, most of them look pretty god damn tacky, but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

Thanks

>throat cancer from e-cigs is better than lung cancer from real cigs
yeah, no.

They eat nothing but bananas?

>fap
wew

People aren't using them to quit. They're using them to substitute.

We are manly man and you can succ

>tfw you can't upgrade the firmware on your ecig so you can overclock it to 600 watts

Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, a hereditary condition where your colon and rectum grew adenomas to the point where there's literally nothing but tumors and the risk of adenocarcinoma increases til it reaches 100% by the age of forty.

this

vaping\smoking is a public health hazard and only funds parasitic industries that contribute nothing meaningful to mankind . vapes\cigarettes\accessories should either be illegal to import\sell or taxed at prohibitive rates .

based bibi already started banning it

Attached: TELEMMGLPICT000165770780-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqJ8PsoIJWiKbqRS0S3fHYXjVCUSv1Ol6PpMMCvCQoB0I.jpg (1231x769, 82K)

Say this to your fucked up T levels due to cig :^)

tobacco =/= nicotine

A recent American study (I'm too lazy do search now) found no increase in these substances in heavily vaping air.

It's pretty common as a metabolite, amino acids metabolise into formaldehyde as do tobacco products and aspartame.

This is opposition research. Formaldehyde only occurs when you burn your coils. They are buring the coils on purpose and measuring it and using that as evidence of cancer

Smoking makes you look poor and trashy though

>cause cancer By Altering Your DNA
I'd love to hear these retards explain what cancer is. That's like saying fire burns you by being hot.

Banana's are literally know for having radioactive isotopes of potassium in them.

Smoking is gay in general. I prefer people do any other drug, because forcing me to inhale your drug pisses me off.

> cause cancer through DNA mutations
TFW cancer is literally a mutation in the DNA that causes unlimited cell reproduction.
Find something that causes cancer without altering DNA. Hint: You can't, because that's literally the definition of cancer.

I personally think we should brutally beat up any smokers. Smoking of any sort is degenerate.

Try me bitch

Anime is a public health hazard and only funds parasitic industries that contribute nothing meaningful to mankind.

Cope harder and suck it

At least this time they're not burning coils AND using garbage Chinese liquid

There are juices which contain nicotine though, right?

>nicotine man
has the ability to sweat pure nicotine and exhale a vapor that makes people feel jittery and easily irritated.

You pull ecigs to lungs too....

>Study finds ecig raises levels of chemicals known to be correlated with cancer
>HEADLINE: ECIGARETTES - WORSE THAN ASBESTOS? NEW STUDY FINDS ECIG DESTROYS HUMAN DNA!!!!
I fucking hate newspapers

Shocking, inhaling any kind of smoke, with chemicals mixed in it, for prolonged periods of time give you cancer.

>Year of our Lord 2078
>The ecig industry has produced a new breed of mutant humans who exclusively have gauges and other gaudy piercings, and only wear leather to hide their disfigured selves
>People who vape now transform into these new mutants after a few weeks of use
>The mutants are expelled from normal society
>No one ever vapes giant fucking clouds of cotton candy mist on you while you wait for the bus ever again
I hope people who vape die slower and more painful deaths than faggots who smoke real cigarettes or cigars

>tried ruining ecigs reputation by making them seem like something a faggot would buy - failed
>tried ruining ecigs reputation by making it cringy to vape by pushing for le fedora vape XD meme on the internet - failed
>tried ruining ecigs reputation by flipping the only positive thing they offer against them through paid "studies" - failed

Damn someone must REALLY want ecigs gone. Wonder what the next one will be

be thankful all vapers are fat losers, unable to attract females and reproduce.

came to say this

Vape users are the equivalent of grown men riding bycicles with training wheels because they think a motorcycle is too dangerous and walking is too uncool

Speak for yourself

So what about weed vapes
Does this also count for them?

Attached: DlTYo8LU8AAGz37.jpg (846x1200, 145K)

depends if the ingredients are harmful

Weed cures cancer
Joe Rogan told me

>pic
I'm gonna need a sauce on that user, for benchmarking purposes.

There are no regulations as to what can go into e-liquid.

both e-cigs and cigs are degenerate

Yes but they aren't made by big tobacco. A majority are small business or just made in shop. You can even DIY it. This is why big tobacco hates it, because they are losing cigarette sales.

Oh wow, this shit again. Those chemicals got banned years ago in the EU.

Since money became a thing.

Why would you even care when vaping and using ecigs makes you look like a retarded anyway?

What the fuck did they load into that vape? These are NOT normal things to have in the vapour.

>Runs out of breath mid-fight

Nice job, retard

They are combustion products. They're not in the liquid itself. But get created on vaporization.

There's no combustion in vaping you absolute mutt.

How do you believe the liquid gets turned into vapor? Reduced pressure?

It's called vaporization you asshat.
Vaporizationis the process that occurs when a chemical or element is converted from a liquid or a solid to a gas. When a liquid is converted to a gas, the process is called evaporation or boiling; when a solid is converted to a gas, the process is called sublimation.

You can get throat cancer from regular cigs too

Vaporisation=/=Combustion

I suggest you attend some high school chemistry classes.

Yes, vaporization and combustion are completely independent things. And how is the vaporization achieved?

By reaching temperatures far below that of combustion.

Combustion is achieved when the substance is heated sufficiently to oxidise it, vaping does not heat it enough to oxidise it. This is 12 year old level knowledge.

Where do you think the nicotine is coming from? Do you think these small business or DIYers have tobacco fields and are extracting it? The nicotine in your mouth-fedora comes from the exact same big-tobacco as the stuff in prerolled cigarettes.

It doesn't, big tobacco doesn't do nicotine extraction, big pharma does and they have their own fields

god damn it Jow Forums

Yet it is hot enough for some compounds to decompose (and oxidize; i. e. combust) into those harmful substances.

>big tobacco doesn't do nicotine extraction
This is plainly false
huffingtonpost.com/entry/tobacco-companies-taking-over-the-e-cigarette-industry_us_58b48e02e4b0658fc20f98d0
>The popular brand VUSE, is owned by R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company, a subsidiary of the tobacco giant Reynolds America.
>British American Tobacco (BAT), the largest tobacco company in the Europe, launched Vype around four years ago.
>Altria (formerly Phillip Morris) owns MarkTen.
>Lorillard paid $135 million for Blu, but when R.J. Reynolds bought that tobacco company in 2015, its e-cigarette brand was sold to Imperial Tobacco, a company in the United Kingdom.
Big-tobacco have been Big-ecig since 2014.