So, now Gabe thought that, while killing windows with Proton, why not add touch controls to the Steam Link app...

So, now Gabe thought that, while killing windows with Proton, why not add touch controls to the Steam Link app, to kill Android games, too?

Attached: Screenshot_20180824-002541.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

Anyone have benchmarks to see if proton is as good as windows?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

> supporting games on server os
for what purpose

SteamBox might be a contender next gen in that case.

shit doesn't change much so you don't have to worry some game might stop working

who on earth plays games anymore

Performance is gonna be different .
Windows games that use openGL run better on linux.
DX11 and 12 games will have performance losses probably.(it IS a dx to vk translation performance losses are to be expected and dictated by the fucking laws of physics).
There is also the issue of gpu drivers not being as good.
The main issue is games that will not work due to anticheat.

I bet you are the kind of retard that uses"more modern as an argument"

Vulkan which it's trying to use is better than it

Attached: vulkan.png (769x670, 97K)

well amd opengl linux drivers are better from what I've heard so maybe it will help a little

All I have is my opinion. And it's running pretty good to me. Then again my linux laptop is very weak compared to my gaming desktop.

>He's trying this hard to prove his masculinity

You're not going to make it user

>kill Android games
windows and steamos share the same devices, theres no steam library build for arm devices is there?

What you are seeing is playing your steam library streaming to your Android device

More like killing steam for good.
Gacha shit will invade in no time, and then all the mobile fads will slowly consume the app.

Most mobile users will not give a shit and steamfags rather would play on PC anyways.

These results existed before Vulkan. Linux is just ass-better than Windows at resource management.

oh. so not viable in most situations where one would actually use android then.

>Render: vulkan

Nah it's Vulkan

Dvlk is a huge step forward, but it's disingenuous to say it gives a performance boost. Linux may be faster, but at the moment most games run slightly worse

Now if only Android games could be played on Linux...

Yo, MacOS runs on UNIX and you cal it a toy.

Gabe will soon launch his own console.

He already did
I think it's called the ps4 or something look it up