So Jow Forums let's settle this once and for all

So Jow Forums let's settle this once and for all.
What is the best browser?
strawpoll.me/16327598

Attached: main-desktop-browser-logos.png (2810x562, 430K)

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/56xsw
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

redpill me on ungoogled chromium Jow Forums
does it have proper plugin support?
is there a way to de-bot firefox?
wtf is waterfox? is it actually legit?

>Chromonium
Is this the new Jow Forums browser?

Attached: Djk-6vBUwAAqVru.jpg (1050x1050, 81K)

desktop - vivaldi
android - brave
iOS - safari

Attached: 1534581675623.jpg (645x608, 148K)

>What is the best browser?
You posted it.

hobby project made by a bored college student. Good intentions but stick to something professional.

No

no (Firefox)
no (Firefox klar + fennec)
no (>iOS)

no

idk about ungoogled chromium, but waterfox is legit. People call it a meme, but that's just because they don't have any good arguments against it. It is a complete clone of non-quantum (i.e. supports old extensions) firefox with everything related to mozilla removed from it. Only downside is that waterfox is not in the repos of any major GNU/Linux distro, but it inherited the fabulous autoupdater from firefox, so that's not a huge problem.

Only thing that still ties it to mozilla is that it pings mozilla's website to check whether there's a captive portal if you're on a hotspot.

I thought Firefox recently got jewed hard
also
>1984 Media Trust
>donates to antifa
how can you possibly reconcile that

>no mouse gestures
>no tab stacking
nah, firefox is a bloated pig of a browser

>stick to something professional.
>recommends SWJfox

>No brave
>No yandex
>No SeaMonkey
The actual fuck is wrong with you OP?

Pale Moon is the least cancerous browser out there
It's far safer than Firefox or Waterfox
A simple DNS record will show Pale Moon don't connect to third party servers
Other than that I have faith in Otter Browser

>not using eolie

Attached: eolie.jpg (1185x903, 176K)

What the fuck is that ugly piece of shit

Poll is proof that Jow Forums is infested with trannies.

>is there a way to de-bot firefox?
firefox is not a botnet

>wtf is waterfox? is it actually legit?
waterfox is just Firefox 56 but without a 32-bit version

The chrome store won’t allow me to install addons/extensions on ungoogled-chromium. How can I do so?

install vivaldi

Opera.
Ignore the muh chinese botnet remarks

You have to install them manually. There’s a wiki page for ungoogled chromium that explains it

The 3DS's inbuilt browser.

/thread
There's a pretty good argument against it, the lack of developers, the further upstream goes away from pre-Quantum the way harder it will become to maintain Waterfox
>Only thing that still ties it to mozilla is that it pings mozilla's website to check whether there's a captive portal if you're on a hotspot.
This can be easily disabled on any Fx or any of it's forks

Firefox is honest and works silky smooth.

A poll that allows custom answers:
poal.me/56xsw

By not giving a shit since it doesn't affect their browser.

>de-bot firefox
This meme needs to die who the hell created it

the latest pale moon update made me go back to firefox

how can devs be so incompent

Vivaldi looks promising but after trying it for a few hours I noticed too many quirks that need to be ironed out for it to be a serious contender for me.

After using Opera for a couple of months I switched back to Chrome Beta. It's the most compatible, fast and stable browser hands down. Opera for some reason crashed a lot when having a fuckton of tabs open.
Firefox is a no-go for me because it's not based on Blink.

Used to use FF then tried opera but back to FF

then it got stupidly slow and ironically lots of ram which i didn't have back int he day

so tried chrome and it was like 5x faster, only time i use FF now is for things that need a web applet that chrome blocks

Chrome is objectively the fastest, but you have to be ok with absolutely nothing you do on it being private or secure. Although unless you're using it for top secret comms with CIA/FBI agents or a child predator I don't think you have much to really worry about.

>Vivaldi looks promising but after trying it for a few hours I noticed too many quirks that need to be ironed out for it to be a serious contender for me.
such as? once I got used to tab stacking and mouse gestures I can't go back

from what i know ungoogled chromium is completely safe and makes no unsolicited requests, i even tested the browser myself with mitm.
>digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html

> chromonium
I’m writing this from now on.

this.

What does Jow Forums uses on mobile?

Apart from finding a non-botnet browser (I guess it's just wget and links at this point), is there a browser that doesn't leak like hell? Firefox is disappointing on this side, chromium lmao just no

qutebrowser is super comfy
pic unrelated

Attached: lebhagga.png (450x417, 315K)

what happened with firefox and why is everyone suddenly against it?

It turns out the Pale Moon head is a jerk and a furry, so chasing away potential partners explains why things would go wrong.

I'm trying out Cyberfox, and I like it so far, but the developer will retire, so I'll be watching to see which other forks show good long term support.

I've got Ungoogled Chromium and Vivaldi, with the latter having some great tab features but sluggishness with separate windows. I like them for small numbers of windows or heavyweight sites, but the chromium multiprocess architecture is too wasteful for having thousands of things open at once. I'll be mixing three browsers for now.

Mozilla is selling out to the globalists who have been investing in media for propaganda and censorship purposes. They've been pushing out old fashioned tech employees and bringing in radical political activists. It's currently living off inertia from the old days, with shilling to try to sweep issues under the rug, but the long term purpose of their reorganization is power grabbing.

>cooperating with an 'anti fake news' group funded by Soros
>donated to a service used mostly by Antifa
>spend money on replacing the term 'slave' in their code
>forced Eich out because he made a private donation against gay marriage
>every update brings more unethical shit that tracks you or sends you ads. Instead of opt in, it's now opt out
Mozilla is shit and you should not use anything from them

elementary os clone of "gnome web" formerly known as epiphany

Its support is pretty non-existent unfortunately. Also doesn't work with a surprisingly high number of websites.

australis, pocket, drm eme, advertising in the browser, mr robot fiasco, making sync impossible to run on your own servers, aggressively pushing (opt out only) for gathering more and more user information ostensibly to "improve" the browser, only to add botnet standards pushed by google, webextensions, canvas, webgl, webrtc...,while also stripping out actual useful functionality like rss bookmarks, customization of ui...

Shunting user data to google is their main source of revenue, and playing catchup with chrome botnet is all they have cared about since at least 2012

>polshit

Opera because of ui and mouse gestures. You can get them on other browsers, but they don’t work that well

>brave
opinion discarded
Only correct answer is Firefox + uBlock origin

>mouse gestures
What kind of mouse gestures?

Yeah keep using commiefox

vivaldi

add forcing pulseaudio to list

qutebrowser and ungoogled