So who's the faggot that decided to try way too hard in college and now forces all new grads to have 19 semesters worth...

So who's the faggot that decided to try way too hard in college and now forces all new grads to have 19 semesters worth of internships under their belts? Entry level positions won't even let you sniff their farts without having 5+ years experience at 22.

Attached: 2_for_1.jpg (1544x869, 791K)

I got my career without a single internship.

Enlistment with a degree is hilariously easy way to get that sweet vet preferences hiring. Two years and I'm beyond everyone who busted ass and had internships

>busting your ass for 4 years to get an engineering degree must be supplemented with 2 years of dying for Schlomo to get an entry level gig

couldn't resist

Attached: the genius guy.jpg (436x436, 112K)

Attached: a different genius guy.jpg (345x345, 69K)

Stop complaining, the alternative is $7.50 an hour until you die. Yeah it's bad but it could be much much much much worse. I still remember when I had to bunk down with like 6 other dudes in a 2 bedroom apartment and live off of ramen for months on end while working and going to uni in baltimore shitty.

Nah the alternative is finding a sane company that expects new grads to have new grad level experience lmfao

>tfw self teaching & building a portfolio
Am i ever gonna make it?

Attached: Bring me to snek.jpg (802x2048, 138K)

>self-taught
Unironically a horrid decision. Shit is difficult going even for grads from top CS universities let alone some randy bo bandy who build a Nodejs app once following a youtube tutorial

That, or you're just a brainlet.

None of it is difficult, per se. The hardest part seems to be streamlining workflow for efficiency, which is part of literally any profession.

Learning and implementing algorithms takes a little time, but if you have remedial math skills and comprehend, rather than memorize, that's easy, too.

>mfw i am become death the destroyer of worlds

Got a job with no degree. Self thought from YouTube videos I own most collage cunts by now. But I had good grades in high school so it might not apply for low iq neets.

if you had to "bust your ass" in undergrad you are probably stupid.

? plenty of undergrad programs are rigorous. note he said engineering degree, not CS.

>"I-I have this piece of paper, c-c-can I get the moniez now?

lmfao indeed

Realistically those who are self taught unless very dedicated won't make it. It all depends how much effort you put in which is why colleges exist where you only have to put in the minimum to pass.

Boy howdy 4chins sure is full of a bunch of bitter, clueless larpers.

I actually got my bachelors in network engineering, did the bare minimum and ended up with a worthless paperweight and 60K in student loans for the next 10 years.

However I self taught myself sysadmin stuff, got hired as help desk and slowly worked my way up to sysadmin duties after solving problems 90% of the techs in my it department couldn't. I'm now making 35k/year and getting certs the company is paying for to further advance myself.

Anyway I put in many many sleepless nights reading up on everything networking/security/hardware related, using VMs, ect ect for years while working minimum wage jobs couch surfing and I made it.

Sure 35K/year at 35 years old is nothing to brag about but point is you don't have to go to college to get a good job.

>>>network """engineering"""

Literally what? What did engineering become such a loose, meaningless word? Yikes.

Pretty much, expect social/food/cuckoldry engineer to be a thing soon.

>Sure 35K/year at 35 years old is nothing to brag about
M8 it’s actually something to be embarassed about. I’m a decade younger than you, doing an ~ACTUAL~ sysadmin role, not “help desk but I sometimes get to do other people’s jobs” and make twice as much as you do.

Considering how most people fuck up their lives I think I got off easy. In a year or two I'll have a bunch of shitty citra/microsoft/comptia certs and probably make as much as you do so it'll all work out in the end.

Then re-enlist as an officer and get that sweet military industrial complex career path unlocked?

>thinking it’s about certs
Didn’t your student loans teach you anything?

No man, I actually need these pieces of shit to move up in my department and go up the pay grade. Company is paying for them anyway.

Actually certs and experience have been a good tried method of getting better jobs. It's hard but some people can hack it.

>certs and experience
It’s actually only one of them, and it’s not the one you can get a brain dump for

It’s just that there’s so many people applying that you need something to make yourself stand out. Getting a job is just a numbers game anyways. You don’t really need work experience. Just apply to literally everything. Don’t spend any more than a few minutes on an application. Just make sure you have some keywords from the job posting on your resume. Ignore years of experience requirements and degree requirements. Just apply to fucking everything.
Statistically speaking you’re going to get responses. Then just don’t bomb the interview and if they like your face you’re good.

Depends what part of IT you're interested in but I've seen many high ranking securityfags with cushy government jobs make it from a few comptia security certs and no degrees.

Anyway I think certs get way too much of a bad rap just because 90% of cert holders expect to make 50k+/year just because they got a few but have no experience even as help desk.

>I've seen many high ranking securityfags with cushy government jobs make it from a few comptia security certs and no degrees.
Yet you somehow managed to abstract away the single most important part of why they got the job; ironic, since it’s the topic of the thread.

Yeah experience trumps all I guess. Maybe the musky melon was right ...

What HR advertises in job listings =/= what they're actually going to get, and they know it. I got my current job without having exactly everything they listed on paper.
Keep in mind if you do any independent projects and shit during college, you should advertise that as your experience. Who gives a shit if someone payed you.

Baby boomers dude. Duh. They got entry level positio s with no experience and decided when they were in power to grind their boot in the next generation.

Oh hey! I live in Baltimore. Went to UMBC. You went UB? Are you white?

UB, I'm half white and half chink so as amerimutt as it gets I guess.

>not having 5+ years of experience at 22
you were never destined to make it. believe me, people are out there who are much more qualified, talented, hard working, and intelligent than you

>35k
>50k
>muh certs

lmao, I thought the USA was a first wold country, but no it apparently isn't. Your cost of living s much higher than in Europe but your IT wages are eastern Europe tier.

t. German M.Sc. with 63k USD starting

Attached: mutt equations.jpg (543x960, 96K)

>Sure 35K/year at 35 years old is nothing to brag
I normally hate to be that guy, but that is pretty shit, not just "nothing to brag about". I'm 25 with 45K/yr with bachelors from irrelevant state school, no student debt, but no certs and I consider myself to be in a pretty shit position career wise when it comes to IT. Taking out loans you can't pay back reasonably with a shitty return on investment is a terrible idea. But at least you actually want to improve yourself career-wise. Better than half of Jow Forums right there.

>tfw make 2x that starting with bachelors
>probably lower taxes and CoL too

Attached: 1535114290793.png (345x337, 142K)

>lower CoL
nope

Attached: 2018-08-25 04_23_43-Window.png (831x320, 133K)

What does that nazi scribble mean in american?

60 m2 flat in Koblenz costs 360 Euro a month

>I actually got my bachelors in network engineering
>ended up with a worthless paperweight
the fuck were you expecting

>tfw make 60k/yr in a blue collar job with no school, no previous experience outside of manufacturing at 29

What are you doing, my dude?

To be fair that's pretty cramped.

>m2
>euro
what?

It really isn't, I can't even keep my 30 m2 flat clean, 60 m2 will be horrible, any bigger andmy whole time would be occupied with filling the place with useless stuff so it doesn't feel empty and then keeping said stuff clean

>Be EE student
>Mediocre student
>Internship soph-junior summer 14$ an hour, 40h a week
>Junior-senior 25$ an hour, 40h a week + 10 hour over time at 38$ an hour
Literally go to internship fairs and don't spreg out with the recruiters. Look for places where they're starving for your field

that sounds really good

Pssst. The secret is military contractors that don't give a shit about spending.
t. worked at a shipyard

60% cheaper rent but 50% salary, I'll take the higher pay.

this.

>Stop complaining about losing your job, the alternative is cancer. Yeah it's bad but it could be much much much much worse.

Attached: 1442898293309.jpg (633x758, 225K)

>le slippy slope
You know what he meant cockface.

for what it's worth, in a lot of cases the only way you'll double your salary isn't by moving up, but by moving out. certs may help a bit but what's really going to get you jobs is being able to talk confidently about what you do and being likeable.

>Self thought from YouTube videos I own most collage cunts by now.
>low iq neets
is this bait

Attached: 1529184563740.gif (300x300, 892K)

> middle of nowhere
> look at our low col

Attached: image.jpg (349x318, 114K)

>collage cunts

Attached: facebook_collage.jpg (575x575, 60K)

I hate armyniggers so fucking much.

Dude you are selling yourself short, what you're making its minimum wage where i live.

pajeet

I got my first job by solving CTFs, self-taught, no experience.