What the fuck, mozilla?

Mozilla now shows you (((sponsored content)))
What do you think about this?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-24 22-11-54.png (688x104, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles#w_manage-profiles-when-firefox-is-open
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is it enabled by default?

yep. I disabled it as soon as I saw it. Check for yourself?

I still don't understand why you keep insisting on Mozilla. It's dead, move on to greener pastures.

What are those greener pastures, google chrome?

>google chrome
So you want to leave a cesspool and enter a concentration camp? Come on man, anything besides that, even forks.

what browser do you suggest? i've been meaning to jump ship for god knows how long

There are absolutely no good browsers available. The few that are tolerable in terms of resource use and privacy butcher any website as bloated as all modern ones are. I'm not saying there's an evil cabal at work, but I'm also not saying this is a concidence.

I can tell you what I'm using, Firefox ESR version 52, and if you don't like that then I suggest nothing, do your own soul search. Test shit, there are plenty of forks and re-skins of Chrom* and Firefox pre-Quantum.

>What do you think about this?
I think you're retarded for complaining about unchecking a box. And you're also retarded for not doing extensions.pocket.enabled;false in the first place.
I've tried other browser and I personally prefer firefox.

>you're retarded from expecting a browser doesn't advertise to you

Welcome to the new normal.

Opera

Being FLOSS and an actually good browser I don't think something that is optional is a big deal. I've tried forks and they just aren't as good. And chromium-based browsers don't offer what I want.

Attached: owl.jpg (589x800, 241K)

turn it off for as long as they let you, and later jump ship when you can't.

I dont understand why they have to sellout. How many employees do you need for a browser that is 99.9% complete. How much money could it cost to do maintenance

pocket has done that for a while, no?
I just click the dot menu thing and removed pocket like year ago

You know they are going to push the most pozzed articles as soon as people start to tolerate the idea of sponsored content.

Waterfox

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1829, 928K)

yeah i went into about:config and disabled pocket entirely, but my homepage is google anyways so it doesn't effect me.
i really wish firefox had a "no bullshit" edition, though.

i don't understand mozilla. each time they introduce a new, dumb feature that no one wants, the community gets pissed of and yet another bunch of users abandon ship.

the statistic clearly shows firefox is on rapid decline. they'll never get their old userbase back, so why on earth are they pushing away the old one? doesn't that hurt them financially?

yes, i know about sjw's, but they exist at google as well, and even though google has more weight, it still doesn't explain why mozilla systematically degrading firefox into a browser version of real one player.

The SJWs at Mozilla have more power. Look at what happened to Eich.

I think extensions.pocket.enable=false

yeah, thanks to that, his shills constantly spams his meme browser Jow Forums - i fucking hate brendan eich, but she should not have been fired

>Would you like to see stories we have been paid to put on FF?
>You don't have to
>They're not targetted to you at all
>Unchecked by default

Attached: nothing1.jpg (533x400, 100K)

A web browser is never complete.
Mozilla has introduced several good features lately; like Quantum, Resist Fingerprinting, isolated tabs, etc.
Eich wasn't fired. Stop spreading lies.

I enjoy some of the articles Firefox recommends to me. It also helps me keep track of "their" agenda by seeing what "they" are pushing (for instance the deluge of pro Musk articles in a desperate attempt to recover his image after "Pedo Guy").

chink botnet

Yea, he 'resigned' after being forced by all the tolerant diversity hires at fuckzilla

Yeah, 'step down' after being forced by their employers.

Attached: 1512097353586.jpg (301x300, 24K)

I fucking hate chrome, that stupid feature where you type an address, is down, and you have to type it again pushed me to firefox.

Also, no independent proxy settings.

His donation was public (that's why retarded fuckheads at Twitter found out about it so quickly) and discussed during the meeting where he was chosen as the CEO. The board decided to make him CEO regardless because gay marriage has jack shit to do with Mozilla.
But sure, they promoted him to CEO just to fire him.
Then they wrote a lenghty blog post on their official site stating that: they didn't want him to leave the company or his position, media exaggerated the amount of Mozilla employees who wanted him out, none of the Mozilla employees who wanted him out worked or knew him, gay marriage has nothing to do with Mozilla and they don't care about the opinion of their employees on the matter, etc.
This story has been backed up by Mozilla, Mozilla employees on Reddit and Brendan Eich himself; but sure, keep believing the lies from some random poltard.

i dislike moz://a

So basically what you're saying is that without the public outrage about his personal beliefs, he would have still quit?

No. He quit because there was public outrage and some websites started blocking Firefox users and encouraging them to use Chrome, instead.
But "he quit because Twitter lynch mobs" is a thing and "he was fired by evil SJW cuck Jewish communist transexual overlords at Mozilla for wrongthink and being a white cis male" are two different things. The first one is bad enough, but the second one is a ridiculous lie made specifically to spread FUD and stir some shit up on imageboards.

>I want the best browser possible
>But I don't want to pay for it
>They shouldn't be sponsored either
>Ads? How dare they!

Good goy.

Falkon is the browser of the future. Once extension support is expanded and hardware accel. is improved it will outshine all other browsers

palemoon
seamonkey
tor browser
kmeleon
conkeror
dillo
xlinks2

not reccomended but potentially useful:
netsurf (crashes every couple of seconds)
ff 3.6.28
opera 12.18 presto
ff esr 52
basilisk
icecat (bloat uninstallable freedom addons)
cyberfox
waterfox
webshit meme browsers (e.g surf)
falkon
iridum
ungoogled chromium
vivaldi

Not much else for Linux. Yandex isn't as good as windows and keeps reverting back to Russian. Icecat or whatever the GNU fork is doesn't include easy download and click installation so that's out on principal alone.

I dunno is brave 'just werks' ready on Linux? I'm ready to ditch commiefox ASAP

user.js

user_pref("extensions.pocket.enabled", false);
user_pref("browser.display.use_document_fonts", 0);
user_pref("browser.onboarding.enabled", false);
user_pref("browser.search.suggest.enabled", false);
user_pref("extensions.screenshots.upload-disabled", true);
user_pref("geo.enabled", false);
user_pref("media.autoplay.enabled", false);
user_pref("pdfjs.disabled", true);
user_pref("privacy.resistFingerprinting", true);
user_pref("toolkit.telemetry.unified", false);
user_pref("ui.key.menuAccessKeyFocuses", false);
user_pref("webgl.disabled", true);

musk is a pedo?

can you see the duckface?

>This story has been back by Mozilla
Lying faggots
>Mozilla employees on Reddit
See above. Also, leddit
>Brendan Eich
Because he still cares for the company he made what it was

Attached: file.png (480x360, 237K)

So what's a good non Mozilla non Google browser for Ubuntu?

Which file do I put these in?

delete_system32.bat

let me search that for you
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles#w_manage-profiles-when-firefox-is-open

>evry1 is lie xecept Jow Forums!!!1!1!!!11
Kill yourself.

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem.

Waterfox doesn't have this problem

Vivaldi doesn't have this problem

Konqueror

No, Musk called someone a pedo after a minor disagreement.

gnome's web or surf or qutebrowser
otherwise it's firefox or chromium forks

Firefox doesn't have this problem

Who the fuck uses Pocket?

Jow Forums shows ""sponsored content"".
No one has a problem with Hiroshima Nagasaki doing that.

+1

>Unchecked by default
WRONG. This was a new install of kubuntu and it was checkmarked by default

What version was this?

Attached: Screenshot_20180825_105205.png (629x376, 52K)

Absolutely this. But I don't even have what OP has and I'm using beta. I have extensions.pocket.enabled set to false anyways though.

Attached: sdfsagsd.png (2461x1392, 596K)

Vivaldi :^)

>Konqueror
based
used this shit a dec

better than sjw botnet

ever since they teamed up with (((Soros))) to fight "fake news" mozilla is not to be trusted. ungoogled chromium is the best we have, compile it yourself if you're extra tinfoil

>ever since they teamed up with (((Soros))) to fight "fake news"
This never happened. Stop lying.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: 20180825_152736.jpg (1440x980, 194K)

hmmmmm????

Attached: 20180825_152944.jpg (1440x2653, 978K)

jeepers user, it sure looks like it happened! if you're going to put up a retarded bluff at least have something behind it kek

Instead of reading random blog posts, why don't you read the original source? blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/ no mention of Soros or his initiative.
The Mozilla Trust Initiative and whatever Soros pushed are two separate things. They both made their announcements pretty closely in time and some imbecile with a website thought they were the same thing, thus the idea that Mozilla and Soros are going to censor your precious Infowars spread among other websites.
Mozilla's initiative is nothing but research about misinformation and campaigns against it. So far all they've done is sponsor an art exposition where the main theme was "misinformation and how it affects society" or some bullshit like that; but there are no plans to add anything to Firefox much less to "censor" anything.

>pocket

nobody uses that

>believing in coincidences
i bet you think the fact the majority of the 1% is just a coincidence too. do you really think mozilla is going to say no to their top backer? soros has them in his pocket now. mozilla is over.

Ungoogled Chromium

it's time to stop pretending capitalism is alright, lads

firefox 56 doesn't have this problem

>implying I even know what pocket is
>implying I didn't disable it like all the other useless shit Mozilla adds to Firefox

Is it the crap on the new tab page? Even though Firefox has a bunch of useless junk you have to disable, it's still better than the alternatives.

This