What is Jow Forums using for and office suite?

What is Jow Forums using for and office suite?

It's been a while but I needed a word processor recently for wan/g/blows and used pic related.. It's been years since I last used it, there better alternatives out there?

>inb4 install gentoo

Attached: 2656.jpg (412x200, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

officedev.github.io/Office-IT-Pro-Deployment-Scripts/XmlEditor.html
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/
blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/08/08/libreoffice-6-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

iWork :^)

>For an office suite

MS Office.

This. Office 2016 to be exact.

emacs is all you need

I use libreoffice if I am forced to but my opinion is word processors are retarded and people who ask for .docs above .pdf should be forcibly removed from society. The only place .docs are acceptable is elementary school

I use a "suite" of my own tools for something called S1000D (a spec for organizing XML-based documents basically), with vim for editing, and generally Apache FOP or pandoc to output something final: PDF, HTML, manpages, lightweight markup for things like GitHub...

Attached: snapshot16.png (696x984, 73K)

What do you use to create pdfs

I use emacs.

LibreOffice is good enough for me.

Since I'm a professional I use LaTeX.

me too. And Google Docs.

If all you need is a word processor in windows, give Abiword a try.

Calligra

I handwrite everything in spiral notebooks. I transcribe backup copies too.

Google Docs > MS Office > WPS = LibreOffice > anything else

This is a fact.

Unironically Microsoft Office. Buy one of those cheap keys or sign up for a college class and get it for free.

this
libreoffice is best suite for free

Google Docs is all your need ;^)

does linux have any free PDF editors yet? other than vector things like inkscape

macOS

MS Office.

install gen-
oh wait you inb4'd me, guess you win this round xD

>sign up for a college class and get it for free
That's not how it works anymore. College costs more than a subscription to Office. And the college/university variant is tied to you being a student at that institution, which is regularly verified by Office.

MS Office blows all competition out of the water.
Here's the instructions to pirate it so I don't get accused of being a shill:
1. Go here: officedev.github.io/Office-IT-Pro-Deployment-Scripts/XmlEditor.html
2. Customize your install and install Office using that
3. That will always give you the most recent version, and that GitHub page is managed by the Office devs
4. Now all you need is Microsoft Toolkit to activate it forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

LaTeX and LibreOffice Calc. If you're a university student and your uni supports it, use OriginLab instead of Calc.

blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/08/08/libreoffice-6-1/

Markdown + Pandoc

currently MS Office 2016 with a used key that turned out to be invalid so I cracked it. next time I'll change something I'll test libreoffice again.

The fact you don't use M$ office just tells me you will be NEET for life

MS Office 2007. Doesn't require reactivation, supports new formats

I am sick and tired of LibreOffice spreadsheets being useless, and I hate GoogleDocs because I hate web based crap.

How can I get a free Excel clone?

>Doesn't require reactivation

Attached: picture of a folder in Windows 10.jpg (348x342, 37K)

OP here.. Ideally I'd like to know myself.. Best "clone" might be kingsoft but it's not net which I'm trying to avoid.

Botnet *

Try Softmaker Office. Lightweight and compatible with MS Office standards.

MS Office licenses are 6$ on ebay, what's your excuse for not using the only good MS software?

>why aren't you using botnet user
T. Microsoft shill

LibreOffice is fine by me.
Once you customize interface (and shortcuts) and styles to your liking - your word processing workflow becomes pretty efficient.
I've learnt the hard way that using markdown, org, whatever + pandoc for print documents is kinda retarded.

Attached: 1518493404652.jpg (500x683, 65K)

LibreOffice is good right now. I'd recommend WPS but only the linux version doesn't have ads.

You can use any document editor or LaTeX. I use Libre Writer. You can always use a text editior with an export-to-pdf addon.

LibreOffice > OnlyOffice > WPS = anything not listed > using nothing > M$Office > Google Docs = MSOffice Online

LaTeX or Markdown

google docs/drive
people shit on it bc its google, but what projects are you going to be writing that you want google to stay away from?
Are you using a word processor for your fan fics?
And if it's for work, it's even easier to share with your co-workers and is cross platform and all on google drive. I can edit the same document on both my desktop and laptop at the same time.

>I'm gay too

Attached: god-tier.png (662x368, 104K)