Can ATARI be revived?

in the 1st bladerunner movie the atari logo was displayed proudly on building billboards. But since then atari the company has effectively died
Could atari ever make a major comeback?

Attached: atari_proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

Atari died long ago. The current corporation wearing its name is an echo of a remnant of a crumb of Atari.

Atari died in 1984.

Only if do an ad campaign in 2019 that looks exactly like this

What would they even do at this point?
>no unique IPs
>no cultural relevance or demand for the company’s products
>no money

They have been meaning to release a new console though

No, they've been meaning to release a nostalgia based android box with emulators.

If they found a niche that no one else is really taking, maybe. Like, if they made freedom-respecting computers. Low-power stuff, a bit beefier than the single board computers we see out there, running ARM, MIPS, or maybe even RISC-V, and officially supported running GNU/Linux and BSD, I think that could sell. It could be something like the era of the commodore and such, where people buy these affordable, small prebuilt computers. Kids could learn to program with them. I'm kind of dreaming here, and I don't know how they'd make money off it.

considering you posted a pic from blade runner 2049 it's obviously atari will be up again in 31 years

That fucking sucks

I wish but alas reviving a console like that AND hoping for it to compete with the big three is a bit of a long shot

In fact it's borderline impossible and requires a miracle

Attached: Baldwin o0dzoaMb5h1s7w437o1_r1_400.gif (360x153, 1.05M)

All anyone needs to compete is to put gaming first. No gimmicks. No bullshit. Just good games.

>console
MiniPC*

It's the best value MiniPC on the market.
>android
GNU

Anyone played ballance?

0w0 yes ;3 me

You're a fool to think this.

Terry?

I bet you think Amiga could come back too.

the industry makes more money than ever since they stopped making good gameplay in favor of gimmicks and hype

I imagine there is a huge market for low powered secure hardware. Without backdoors.

Yes, and so will Pan-Am, Bell Telephones, and the Soviet Union.