Do you guys use phone cases or other protective measures for your devices (like laptop sleeves)?

Do you guys use phone cases or other protective measures for your devices (like laptop sleeves)?

I used to be a commando type of guy but new phones feel like bars of soap. I don't baby my thinkpad at all but I did end up having a blemish on the screen from when it was in my backpack

Attached: case.jpg (800x800, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZaHq57mkMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ive fucked my phone up from dropping it so many times. I wish I invested in a better phone case.

Yeah i've got some thin rubber case on my phone. I don't know why you wouldn't use one, honestly, except out of vanity (which is dumb).

Of course. It's dumb not to have a phone case desu. Not gonna spends hundred of dollars on a piece of tech that gets more wear and tear than all my other devices and not bother with a case, that's fucking moronic

I have invested in a good phone case for every phone I've had since the Galaxy S3. Dropped that fucker on tiled floor, goodbye screen.

Admittedly I am so autistic that I take the case off and feel my phone a lot, so the case is off whilst at home.

>I take the case off and feel my phone a lot
yep I do that too

yes I do for my iPhone but don't get those shitty speck cases, they will break and turn into twizzlers peel-and-eat. I trust caseology and the rhinoshield playproof (this is what I use and it works well with some glock grip tape adhered to the backside).

No. I'm using a xperia z5c and it's chunky enough already, it would feel like a brick with case. I haven't used a case since a phone I had in ~2012 and it's been fine.

this time around, hell yes. I want to keep my phone for as long as possible.

I've just used pic related (right) since I got the phone and it still looks like new underneath

Attached: huawei-p10-case__1.jpg (600x600, 103K)

fuck you guys, don't call me a retard for not having a phone case

I use that kind of Speck case with the rubberized ridges. Best case around, never dropped.

Depends on how much you spend on your devices and how much you care. A good phone case does protect from drops and a laptop sleeve prevents scratches. But no one is going to use a $20 sleeve on a $100 thinkpad.

i didnt even buy it for protection, I got it cause the fucking phone is so thin, rounded, and slippery from being almost entirely glass. Modern phones literally need a fucking case to be comfortable in my hands now, its gotten ridiculous

Attached: 51XbcPE8c0L._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 64K)

No, but with my new phone I might start to, for the same reason as .

I've never used a case or any other protective measure before, but phones are all so awfully designed now that a case is practically a necessity just to hold the damn things comfortably. It's not nice, and I hope that one day the industry heads back in the opposite direction.

I wish there was a modern Android equivalent of the Lumia 950, but we can't have nice things anymore.
I kind of regret buying a new phone. I still love my 950 to bits, but the lack of app support finally caught up with me when my bank and NFC payment apps were killed.

Attached: 1489562989660.jpg (448x478, 31K)

I use a flip case and it makes me feel more successful than I am

I use small yet strong cases that protect the back and side, with small edge that raises the sides so the front doesn't touch the ground. Then use glass front screen protector. The combo has been dropped a decent amount of times, no issues. Spigen case and omotion glass screen protector

I use the Mi A1 which is a pretty cheap phone so no. I hate how every case makes my phone feel like a kids toy with shitty plastic or rubber and makes it twice as thick, nothing better than feeling the high quality metal construction of your phone. If I used more expensive phone then probably.

I work in product testing and things will never go back. If you thicken a phone up to give it a bigger battery, the very first thing everyone says is related to how thick and heavy it is. They don't spend enough time with them to appreciate the battery life, but that's not important to the companies. First impressions determine if a phone gets bought. Making phones feel like air is a leading priority in design because it's all about first impressions.

>get case
>phone drops out of pocket on the only part of glass the case does not cover

fug

Attached: oneplus-5t-official-cases-15.jpg (1600x1068, 224K)

For the laptop I don't care. It's a 2011 HP G62, made out of plastic. The case is ruined from daily usage and the screen is made from plastic, I've no reason to buy something to protect it.
However I bought a new phone lately and I don't want to ruin it with scratches, so I bought a cheap disposable silicon cover for the backplate and some tempered glass for the screen.

Attached: cover.jpg (425x425, 17K)

I got an otterbox for my phone. But only when I'm going outside, shopping or over at friends/family.

In the 10+years I've had phones I've dropped them twice.

Yes I do. I broke my Xperia XZ twice by dropping it, both times it took ages to fix it. Got a Riingke case and haven't had problems since, I drop my phone a lot.

Never. I am not willing to spend a single dime for a piece of tech that should be built reliably in the first place.

flip cover case for my moto g5s. i look like a fag, but whos laughing when your iphone is shattered

my laptop, no. what thinkpad user gives a fuck about what it looks like

What backpack doesn't have a laptop sleeve?

It's not just the ridiculous thinness, it's material choice too.
Glass and aluminium aren't nice materials to cover the device you carry in your pocket every day. They're shit.
The only type of material that's less comfortable to hold than those two is that shitty cheap glossy kind of plastic. You know the stuff. The shit you usually get in the phone cases the manufacturers fucking throw in our faces. The shit that collects even more fingerprints and oils than glass and gets scratched up if you so much as look at it wrong.

But you know what?
That's not the only material in the world that isn't glass or aluminium.
It's not even the only way to make plastic. Plastic can be fucking NICE.
There are so many options out there that you could stick on a phone's back and sides; Leather, wood, plastic with a nice soft-touch matte finish, some kind of sandpaper coating, what the fuck ever.
But no. You want a high-end phone with high-end specs? You get glass or aluminium fucking garbage that feels like shit in the hand and shatters or gets scratched to shit if you sneeze in its general direction.

Fuck this shit. Smartphone manufacturers were a mistake.

Yes I do

>of course I put my tools in a protective case, I also wrap myself in bubble wrap before I leave the house

I buy cheap xiaomi. no need to protect them.

Holding my phone hurts my hands after a while because it's so goddamn thin. Cases are practically mandatory at this point. I always try to get the thickest case possible. I wish some company would go against the trend and make a thick as fuck phone loaded with lots of battery or something

Nope

Attached: s7-active.jpg (1462x1120, 162K)

Samsung already does that with the active line. There's an active S7 and S8.

Attached: 51yOppQSxaL._AC_SY400_.jpg (431x400, 33K)

No because I'm not some brainlet who just drops his phone or some deformed flipper baby that can't properly grasp things.

I've had the same phone for 6 years, I've dropped it once and that was from 30cm at most which did nothing to it.

Attached: 1511372511123.jpg (225x250, 8K)

And feminine?

>plastic screen-shield
trash

Used to commute a lot to work via train. The amount of fucking dolts (90% female) I saw dropping their latest iPhone was both extremely amusing and cringey at the same time.

Genuinely didn't know about these, will look into them

It doesn't take much money to properly protect your phone. I got a poetic affinity case for like $4 on ebay and then a solid tempered glass screen protector with custom cut holes for $3.

youtube.com/watch?v=bZaHq57mkMc