Jow Forumsentoomen please help me, I know you're not my personal tech support site but you're my last resort...

Jow Forumsentoomen please help me, I know you're not my personal tech support site but you're my last resort. I don't want to use Wangblows any longer it's so fucking unintuitive and slow and retarted and designed so horribly, it feels like it was made by a 3 year old who mashed crayons on the keyboard until something started working. I want to use GNU+Linux again, I want to start coding again, do something productive and not do gayming all the time because that's all Windows is for. But I can't and no one on the internet wants to help me. Please I'm slowly dying inside I don't want to look at Windows anymore it's so hideous please help me.

Attached: Desktop Rice.jpg (1920x1200, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Nvidia-xrun
gloriouseggroll.tv/arch-linux-efi-install-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

make yourself comfortable with cygwin first
cygwin.com

please stop I want Linux and not some wannabe bash console in a hidden WM

*VM, virtual machine

Wait. What are you asking for exactly?

Then fucking install a Linux distro, what's the problem?

so you want us to motivate you or what?

what exactly is stopping you from forcing yourself to do what you want

install Manjaro

it's a nice distro and will serve you well

For help. I've installed Arch and my Nvidia card isn't working properly, which forces me to use Windows. I've tried bumblebee, but this thing offers poor performance and breaks on the new kernel, so I've downgraded to linux-lts, installed nvidia drivers and nvidia-xrun. It works... kind of. Now everything runs on the nvidia GPU and not on the Jewtel one, Nvidia is always ON and can't be forced OFF at all. Normal SDDM and KDE won't run at all - before installing nvidia-xrun I got SDDM when I turned on my PC - now all I get is a black screen which forces me to constantly use KDE through nvidia-xrun on another TTY. I don't know at all why this happens. I know that SDDM doesn't crash - when I check it with systemctl it says that it's active, and doesn't return any errors.

The scaling is also off on nvidia-xrun KDE. A lot of things are way too small. Also, the keyboard layout is forced to US on nvidia-xrun. Guys please help I've tried everything but I can't use anything with my Intel GPU which basically renders nvidia-xrun useless since it's used for running apps with separate GPUs. Also, nvidia-xrun broke SDDM/KDE/Xorg/whatever so hard that even when I uninstall it and reinstall SDDM/KDE/Xorg with pacman -S I still have the same problem. SDDM won't run at all.

I don't get
Like what are you asking from us? You can just use the sticky if you want a distro reccomendation

Attached: nice_dick.png (540x172, 106K)

I've done everything according to this article on Arch Wiki: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Nvidia-xrun

If you want to run your Nvidia graphics card properly follow this install guide.
gloriouseggroll.tv/arch-linux-efi-install-guide/

You need to stop making distressed rants and learn to actually ask what it is you need help with. Currently, you just write a small essay about what's wrong, and then expect us to derive what you want from it.
tldr: Just ask the fucking question and quit over-detailing like a woman.

>gloriouseggroll.tv/arch-linux-efi-install-guide/
This is old and newer kernels break support for bbswitch, and I need to use bbswitch since I have an Optimus laptop.

Pic related is my KDE running on nvidia-xrun

Attached: screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.3M)

Sorry for that but I needed to gather a small audience that's at least a little (tiny(microscopic(atomic((((very little))))))) bit interersted in my problem, since when I try to ask a question normally no one responds. Sorry.

Do you need to use Arch?

I've read on multiple forums that Arch is best for my laptop since it offers the newest drivers. I probably can switch distros but I prefer Arch since that's the OS that I've been using for over 2 years and I find it the comfiest to use. But I'll take any distro over Windows.

From what I've seen Ubuntu is the easiest to get it working properly, but the drivers will be older. But if you aren't playing games that shouldn't be an issue.

But I still don't know at all what causes issues with nvidia-xrun and bbswitch, even on an older kernel. What if the same happens on Ubuntu?

Try it on a different drive if you're worried about that.

I'll try, but I'm still very curious - I haven't found anyone who has the same issues as I do. It's very weird, everything should be working just fine.

Welcome to 4chanOverlow. What is your question?