This week I am beginning my first week of college for a degree in software engineering...

This week I am beginning my first week of college for a degree in software engineering. I don't know anything about coding whatsoever and I'm not very good at math. What am I getting myself into?

Attached: 1532777619477.jpg (1306x982, 205K)

>oh shit this is difficult
>oh wait it's actually easy
>wait why is everyone retarded?
>seriously I want to die because of how retarded the rest of the human race is

What prerequisites will give me this point of view? I already feel that way about the majority of people around me.

Attached: e12.jpg (600x600, 27K)

None. You'll gain experience and realize that most people are complete fucking idiots. Then you'll hate them for not having any discipline or focus.

>I don't know anything about coding whatsoever and I'm not very good at math. What am I getting myself into?

Neither is required. You are getting yourself into a long and soul crushing career in the codemines. Enjoy.

Here's one of the brainlets I was on about

Software engineering involves coding but not as much as you think. It takes into account resources, planning and management heavily. It's the engineering of the development world, you may spend 20% of your time actually writing code.

Bullshit, you'll spend 90% of your time coding, and the other 10% of the time discussing what the client wants. Unless you're in some shitty corporation of course. Then you'll just be discussing memes all day with other dumb cunts.

You really need to ask yourself why you are doing this degree.

The only way you can make money off anything is to be good at it, otherwise you'll waste a huge amount of money and time chasing something that isn't for you.

I don't mean to be mean here, it's just reality that you'll need to face sooner or later.

The r*ddit spacing doesn't help your argument here, but you're not wrong. To be good at anything requires focus, and to be focused you need discipline or passion.

not that user but why it's called reddit spacing?

I never posted on reddit nor I have an account

but why anons are pressing enter twice?

this is

stupid

Reddit needs 2 return keys to display a single newline. It is indeed stupid. You answered your own question.

I'm pursuing this degree because I like to figure out how abstract systems work. I've spent almost 10 years teaching myself to play and write music and thought maybe I could do that in a new area. Also I took an extensive vocational evaluation test and evidently I'd be good at it.

did I mentioned that reddit needs 2 return keys to display a single newline?
no.
it is stupid though, that someone is spending so much time on reddit that it's becoming a habit they can't control
or one must be simpleton that he can't control himself.
this is beyond my understanding

Music and programming are like apples and oranges.

I would have suggested that you take some kind of bootcamp or some more direct path of education rather than college, but as you are there try to do what you can.

College is more focused on theory rather than practicality which may or not appeal to you.

I was thinking it'd be this way.

Attached: me no understand.jpg (369x295, 19K)

my father was a software engineer. The job was so shit it made him depressed.

Glad i'm comfortable 1 year into a cybersec&networks degree

You'll work hard, get good grades, and graduate with high honors thinking your life is going to be great.
Then you'll read the job listings and realize that you'll have to dedicate your life to truly meaningless work handed to you by smiling soulless serpents and you'll stay at home waiting for your inevitable death because you would be dead in spirit either way.

Markdown is everywhere, and I've seen that spacing on Jow Forums for ages

Math will seem ridiculously hard for you.
You will feel like a moron.
Just ignore that feeling and keep going.

Programming is tricky after one year you will think you "know how to programm", bit the rabbit hole goes deep.
Never forget that programming is a craftmanship, it's all about practicing as mich as you can.

Don't feel guilty if you start to hate programmigng at some point. Just keep goign and find a niche that is cool for you. Databases, networking, embedded systems, web design, hardware, security, graph algorithms, advanced algorithms.. There is so much stuff. You will hate some of it and love other things, try to seenit as a game with many many levels. It's an amazing ride.

>Programming is tricky after one year you will think you "know how to programm", bit the rabbit hole goes deep.
you don't learn how to program in uni

Care to share the course curriculum? It's hard to say what your uni understands by "software engineering"

Pretty much this.