Paid $299 for this. Did I get ripped off?

Paid $299 for this. Did I get ripped off?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (990x549, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=799944406
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>paid for HP consumer product

Yes.

I got tired of the fan noise from my Toshiba consumer product.

No, it's a fair price.

Buy a SSD for it because the hard drive is the bottleneck

>blaze trails
What is that supposed to mean?

Average to Fair/Good price

>AMD gpu
kek
i wouldnt even use anything from amd even they would pay me

>Windows
Yes, yes you did.

will do this if I don't resell it. It has an m2 slot so I can keep the HDD as well. Do you think adding an SSD with void the warranty?

>brand loyalty

Attached: 7532432432423.jpg (251x242, 11K)

That's a good price user. If you are going to use winbloat on the laptop make sure to deblob all of the shit that HP puts on there.

i currently dual book win + openSUSE. this would be my first time using dedicated graphics with linux. i've gotten the impression it can be a PITA.

Give it back, Jamal

good price

That's a great price user

Good deal imo.

some walmarts still have them in stock at that price

brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=799944406

Attached: breakroom walmart.jpg (3264x1836, 1.74M)

garbage laptop for poor people. If you're poor, no, you didn't, if you're not, yes.

t. ipajeet

>t. ipajeet
>IPAJEET
>IPA
>Inida Pale Ale
>India

Attached: o-TRUMP-BARRON-RNC-570.jpg (570x379, 61K)

ofc not wtf

consumer laptops are a mistake.

I like my 2510p more than my x220 but consumer grade anything won't touch either of them.

You could've gotten a ThinkPad instead, but it's probably not fair to compare new and used prices.

i bought a thinkpad 5 years ago. i hated every second of using it. it had weird issues i never experienced with any other laptop.

PRIME should make it pretty easy. Its just nvidia thats a fucking pain in the butt.

pls

Give it back,Jose

Pavilion means poor build quality and bad heat dispersion. I would recommend making sure turn off the computer every so often and don't put it on your lap.

It would if it were Apple.

Id pay $300 for that

$300 for a laptop with a discrete GPU, 1080p IPS.

Could do a hell of a lot worse.

12gb ram
quad-core

That's a good deal

>i5
>12 GB RAM
>dedicated gpu
>1080p ips
Sounds like quite a good deal, actually. I mean, seems like the RAM alone could cost half of that, given current prices.

And you can get a good ssd for nearly nothing.
Wll done user.

USB type? You're good OP. You should have bought 10 of them.

You did really well, Windows alone in worth 300$ in my opinion

People have been getting scammed like this for almost 20 years now.

Cheapo laptop, good specs but doesn’t matter because the plastic moulding and chasis will fall apart if you just look at it funny.

$299 is ok for almost any laptop really. But if you got that brand new then you got an amazing deal.

I've voided mine before when the asus fagtop had a uniform place for mobo and hdd. If your hdd or m2 is installed a seperste hatchet you should be fine.

300$ for that is amazing

Can it run windows 7?

That's pretty good for the price. Stick an SSD in there and install GNU/Linux and you'll have yourself a nice system.

I have a low end laptop with an Intel Celeron inside it

Will a SSD help too?

hp is infamous for poor thermal performance
I would definitely attempt to repaste it if possible
They're also known for shoddy build quality, but I don't know how to help you with that.

question is where you bought that?

it will always help

I do as well. You'll notice a performance increase but speed will be bottlenecked if a SATA I interface is used. (And having a Celeron this is the most possible.) Instead of replacing your HDD consider if you don't use your DVD drive getting an HDD candy and putting the SSD there.

pls

that's a very good deal for the price. build quality doesn't matter if you got it for $300 desu, it'll last you for years regardless

You understand that laptops other than ones from Apple exist right? Fucking retard.

15.6 full IPS
I need this for my pavillion dv6, fucker has no IPS which is annoymenty

>hdd
>w10
>i5
Pretty shit but ok for 300

>no ssd

That's about the standard "Walmart special" where the CPU is decent, and it's got a good amount of RAM (far more than you'd expect at that price point), but it's got a shit GPU that takes 1-2GB of your RAM straight off the top as vram and you can't adjust/reduce it even if you're running cli only Linux, and the HDD is a 5400rpm piece of shit.

I took a similar laptop to that one, ripped out the wifi card, installed a pci-e egpu adapter in its place, popped a SSD into the dvd bay, and turned it into a decent budget desktop for light gaymen with a 2GB 6670 a few years back. Was pretty dope. About the same performance you'd get out of an optiplex after adding more RAM and a decent gpu, at around the same price, with the added bonus of being able to convert to a laptop inside of 5 minutes.

There are people paying more than that for a early adoption ray tracing graphics card to run GAMES

Actually, no. I think that's a good deal.

Which is why you get a business laptop

It's gonna fall apart in a year and stop working within three

Like what?

I mean that's not a good reference point
There are also people paying less than that for a better laptop

Not terrible Op at all

I got an HP Omen 15 a few months back for $499.
I7-7700hq/16gb ram/1050 to

I just added a 500gb m.2 and it's great

That is actually an excellent deal if you set aside the fact that it's HP.

Manufacturing tech has become so good it doesn't even matter much anymore.
I have this $150 Acer and it would easily do 5 years, the hinge mounting is actually pretty cleverly done, and it has a fuckton of standoffs which dramatically reduce board flex.

Wipe all the shit HP bloat from it (fresh install won't help), and then you got yourself a fair deal.

Bloatware on laptops these days is minimal, tbqh

The worst you'll have is a support program that installs drivers and a backup program or something

Eh, as long as it's reasonably durable nah

HP > some shit like Dell or Acer, at least

>AMD
Hope you aren't emulating arcade games

>Wipe all the shit HP bloat from it (fresh install won't help)

why wouldn't a fresh install fix the bloat?

maybe he means that refresh feature of 10

If this came with a 256GB SSD instead of the 1tb HDD I would say it's pretty good for a new laptop. The best deals are used laptops.

acer is a very reliable brand, hp is trash, never had a product last more than 1 year, while a cheap af 2005 acer laptop would still boot after I used it for target practice with a bb gun and completely rekt the screen

actually i a considering emulating wii

Not really.
But you diden't get anything good either it's a steaming turd.

Damm that looks depressing

>Hope you aren't emulating arcade games
Why? MAME uses more CPU than it does GPU, and most modern PC-based arcade games use AMD hardware.

Not bad at all, but like others said I would be careful about the thermals.

What thinkpad would have comparable specs to that machine, for $300?
Honestly curious because I would be interested in one.

amd works fine on linux now, even an idiot like me can use it to play vidya.

you'll do fine emulating wii you can emulate wii on pieces of shit way worse than that

Holy shit, those specs are easily 500+$

A shitty chromebook with 4GB Ram, a fucking Celeron low power CPU and a 32gb sd card for a harddrive goes for 200-250 new

Attached: 1535180724849.jpg (580x773, 49K)

Dang none in my area. I've been wanting to buy a laptop too

There isn't one. Youd have to find something in the $100 range then spend money on upgrading.

>HP
I stoped there.
Yes

Could have bought an 520, or a 530 and have upgraded it.
t. Op's a dummy.

>1080p display
>vomit my brains out

1080p is a video format, not a display resolution. Display panels are not "progressive," you fucking stupid people.

Fucking stupid people, I swear to some higher power, you're going to be the death of us all.

What the fuck

Attached: 1532196842430.jpg (157x204, 10K)

is this some allegory shitpost to GNU/Linux?

The DPI is disgusting in 2015+3. I don't know how someone with a modern smart phone can deal with these shit PC screens.

Poor baby

Attached: 1525336594307.png (658x662, 59K)

>> Made by HP

Yes, might as well just flushed your money down the toilet or donated it.

i have an asus that cost me $200 still going strong after 3 years

I'm jelly

The bloat comes back. It's part of the OEM image or something.

Specs wise it's a good deal, but the thing is that HP's consumer products (esp. the budget line) have been consistently dumpster fire tier for a long time now. The build quality is amazingly bad with corner cutting abound and don't count on the machine lasting you even a single day beyond the initial warranty period, I've seen enough overheated and broken HP laptop mobos to last me a decade.

HP is notorious for adding a bunch of crap like shitty kids puzzle games, unremovable links to bookingdotcom, and other crap third party utilities. Doing a fresh install will make it reinstall all of the crap too, I've set up an HP laptop two years ago for a family member and it was the most annoying thing to set up.

If I create Windows 10 install media using the tool on Microtsoft's website and use it to do a fresh install, there will be HP bloatware included? I highly doubt this.

You can try it, I didn't have an install media at the time, I used the built-in reinstall feature of Windows 10. Hopefully it has the license key on the motherboard then.

This will wipe the HP recovery partition, which os where all the bloat resides. A clean Windows ISO from MS will be free of OEM bloat, at least.