There are so many security exploits affecting Intel processors nowadays that it's hard to even keep track of them...

There are so many security exploits affecting Intel processors nowadays that it's hard to even keep track of them, and the most recently revealed one require the extreme mitigation of completely disabling SMT.
How is Intel company still alive despite all of this?

Attached: 1200px-Intel-logo.svg.png (1200x796, 46K)

It affects datacenters, not normal consumers.

>thinking your data is cool enough for anyone to want it

Attached: pepe unimpressed.jpg (251x242, 11K)

whoa didn't take long for intel defense force to arrive

Even after all the patches the 8700k is on par with the 2700x with 2 less cores.

*in csgo

You do realize that Intel is extremely diversified,right?

It amazes me that you people really think Intel is only making x86 and amd64 processors.

It's like people here really believe in anime fights between Intel and Amd, it's annoying that you care so much.

Intel also makes a GPU, so diverse.

at 240p*

>uses a videogame to benchmark performance

The IDF

im more interested in why every big techtuber still recommends Intel despite this.

That's like Doug DeMuro recommending a car that has faulty brakes.

yeah, it's not like there will be someone who finds a way to utilize a piece of malware and spread it to many computers via internet (hijacking large advertiser services) and spread it like wannacry

just wait when all intel computers just get dunked on by some zero day ransomware

>It affects datacenters
you know it's way way worse than just normal people, right?

But people only watch him for the quirks and features of the cars

if datacenters get fucked, the services that those datacenters get fucked, which means you get fucked.

watchout next time you update your programs or install anything, or visit any website (since the servers could be compromised).

and what about your bank or any other company who handles your very private information or your money? hmmm? I'm sure you will be affected when your bank gets comprimised (or their escrow SWIFT server who handles all transactions) gets compromised

fucking this. The butthurt Intel fanboys haven't thought about this.

Ofc youre gonna fucking be affected if a company's computers/servers gets affected. it trickles down

why hasnt' any techtuber made a video about any of the recent hardware vulnerabilities?

investor faith is keeping intel on its feet, and maybe some insiders know something about to be released?

>you know it's way way worse
Not really. Unless we are talking about cloudshit.

>a cpu exploit affects data centers
What the fuck do you think bank account information is stored on?

Not on cloud solutions, at least I hope so. And the barrier of entry on regular data centers is extremely high.

in that abstract place called the cloud user

This only affects clouds and dataservers, not normal users like us.

Too bad that's like the majority of Intel's profits. Their only saving grace is AMD cannot produce enough Epycs to keep up with demand.

they make wifi chips, general purpose accelerators like Knight's Landing, FPGAs (via Altera), and also own their fab business

Incel is only good for gaming anyway. We all know enterprises are dumping Incel and pickling Epyc/TDR.

Intel is still the go to for gaming, content consumption, and content creation. Blame everybody, but AMD for that, but it's the truth.

you cant talk about that user

Attached: shutitdown.png (752x529, 218K)

>it's okay guys the vulnerability only affects important stuff, gaymen are safe

Nice try, Shlomo

*ryzen crashes premiere
>hurr schlomo

>Ryzen crashes premier
Link?

>Link?
Download premeire, or davinci resolve, and/or search the internet yourself you massive retard.
And yes these are old issues that have not been resolved yet.

Attached: inhell.png (1920x1150, 129K)

>using the worst software, i mean SERVICE in your machine

Attached: 1530301954199.jpg (690x460, 186K)

>using the worst software, i mean SERVICE in your machine
Are you stupid?

>How is Intel company still alive despite all of this?
Because a majority of the security exploits affect all processors. If the security exploits were only things like meltdown, intel would be in deep shit. But when your choices are an insecure product vs a slightly more insecure product from a company you've used for a while, you're more likely to (usually illogically) go with the slightly more insecure product.

This probably. Most people would just choose the platform that performs better with their intended software in this scenario.
Intel is shit, but there are less issues on an intel platform wen using it directly wit software. AMD is very good if you don't want to use that pc to interact directly with software (like offloading rendering jobs, or what not).

While some exploits do require the extra insecurity added by virtual machines, not all of them do. It's possible for a script running on a website in a browser to access protected information/memory on your desktop computer. With enough forethought and planning and time it would technically even be possible for it to keylog your password when you log into things like online banking.

The thing is, a big datacenter will know of the problems and patch or switch hardware because they're fucked if they don't.

You would be surprised how old the hardware of banks is. They usually have specialized chips and stuff

The latest shit about this was in late 2017, there's nothing suggesting Ryzen doesn't work with Premiere at the moment

Welcome to Jow Forums.
Everybody here think some evil african hackers want steal his/her spongebob´s picture folder

>im more interested in why every big techtuber still recommends Intel despite this.

because intel is Too Big to Fail, amd only exist for extreme niches

>there's nothing suggesting Ryzen doesn't work with Premiere at the moment
Maybe you should try it out for yourself instead of pretending that all the issues with premiere, and/or davinci resolve are magically "fixed" you fucking scumbag.

Intel pretty much kills anything they start if it wasn't an immediate success, look at Xeon Phi, mobile chips, microcontroller, etc. Calling them diversified is a stretch once you get down to it.

this

Yeah that's only for the known vulnerabilities

just wait for some pakistani hackers to tell their government instead of intel

>>there's nothing suggesting Ryzen doesn't work with Premiere at the moment
>Maybe you should try it out for yourself instead of pretending that all the issues with premiere, and/or davinci resolve are magically "fixed" you fucking scumbag.
They are all fixed, you're just making assertions without evidence because you want to fling shit.

You say it's not fixed? Show me the proofs. I want the proofs. Otherwise feel free to fuck off.

>They are all fixed, you're just making assertions without evidence because you want to fling shit.
Proof
>You say it's not fixed? Show me the proofs. I want the proofs. Otherwise feel free to fuck off.
The burden of proof is on you. You are the one asserting that they have been fixed, so it's up to you to show the proof that they have been fixed. Where are the patches?

Incel

Attached: Incel.png (1280x849, 103K)

>They are all fixed
Hmm... Only if you could just download it, and find out for yourself.
Holy shit you can, and the same issues are still there today.

The only one making any assertions about bugs existing with those programs is you. Since you provided no evidence those bugs ever existed and that these non existent bugs still exist, I'm forced to conclude you made the whole thing up to shitpost.

Hint: Assertions made without evidence should be dismissed on the same basis. You are not entitled to have your evidence free assertions about *anything* believed by anyone.

the more important question is HOW IS LITERALLY NO ONE CARING

The bugs are well known, but you're the one that claims that they have been fixed.
>Since you provided no evidence those bugs ever existed
Other anons have acknowledged the issues, and stated that the last time it was reported was late 2017.
>The latest shit about this was in late 2017, there's nothing suggesting Ryzen doesn't work with Premiere at the moment
What has not been provided was any proof that the issues has been resolved.
In fact some anons claim that the issues still exist, so the only solution is to download the software, and try it yourself.
If you have any proof that suggests otherwise then maybe you should provide links that that prove your claim. There should be patch notes with build releases that will back you, but honestly I haven't seen any yet.
On a side note. Why does temporal noise reduction still absolutely destroys AMD on Davinci resolve today?

>They are all fixed
Lying piece of shit shill.

Lol what. You think all those fancy web apps written in JEE or whatever run on "specialized chips and stuff"?

this is a really good question..
the non-stop security exploits ( caused by their backdoor policies ) , the flops with their IoT devices and their slowdown in releasing new chipsets or the announced GPU
I can't understand how their stock price hasen't completely crashed..

most of the exploits are irrelevant for one-user systems like most home desktops etc. are.

AMD is a little shitty when it comes to software. Most people just buy intel because they know it doesn't give them problems, and I doubt the average person even knows how these security issues will affect them.

Do any of the vulnerabilities affect the 8700k? I’ve heard SM will be disabled on the next gen i7.

Debating getting a 8600k vs amd 2700x.

>AMD
>software
fucking wat

>fucking wat
Some software run like shit on amd platforms user.

How? They're the same x86_64 ISA. The only thing I can think of is the IF latency.

And some software run like shit on intel platforms, user. So what's your point?

>The thing is, a big datacenter will know of the problems and patch or switch hardware because they're fucked if they don't.
Shouldn't a company like Intel be held liable for any damage these flaws can present?

>How?
They just do.
>They're the same x86_64 ISA.
Intel uses their own 64bit instructions now.
>The only thing I can think of is the IF latency.
That's an issue that exists with audio software, but I'm not sure if it's the reason why video software gets fucked up.
>And some software run like shit on intel platforms, user. So what's your point?
Examples? Anything as important as certain codecs, or video editing/ color grading software?

>Examples?
Since the beginning of the year 2018 all operating systems. Search for "spectre" or "meltdown" on a search engine and see how operating system vendors are struggling to keep up with intels problems. Some smaller operating system vendors like "Microsoft" even ran into problemes where patches for intel bugs had to be taken back, creating a big mess.
Intel gpus also don't have support for mantle.

>it's annoying that you care so much
Goon spotted

Well it's 2018, and intel still runs smoothly in adobe premiere, and davinci resolve while amd doesn't. When people use their pc, and run software they kinda look at that first, and don't know shit, or think about the security issues.
They see how their system performs on the software that they use, and then post videos on youtube, and comments on facebook.

>Intel gpus also don't have support for mantle.
They also can't do 10bit color, but so what? If anything the integrated gpu is an after thought, and people only use it for quicksync, or whatever.

Not really, they look at the price first. Otherwise everybody would rock $10000 CPUs. Resolve your head out of intels ass, user.

>They also can't do 10bit color
Embarassing. Intel confirmed for complete trash.

>Not really, they look at the price first.
Of course they do, but then for the same price bracket an intel cpu is stable in adobe premier, and the timeline is pretty fucking smooth in davinci resolve on an intel platform, but it isn't on an amd platform. It's little shit like that that keeps people from switching.

Intel is trash, but for some reason AMD finds a way to be worse.

No, it's shit like mediasaturn, where AMD straight isn't being sold that's keeping people from buying AMD.
Adobe premiere strongly relies on core count or gpu acceleration. What intel gpu do you recommend for faster than amd gpu performance? Which intel cpu do you recommend to have have more cores than amd offers?

True, it's no wonder arm won the 2020 cpu race.

Attached: armageddon.png (515x699, 132K)

You realize this shilling is hurting, not helping, the public’s perception of Incel.

Attached: BA8BEC1F-C304-46D7-B728-2EC7ED9D2859.png (617x574, 422K)

AMD isn't being sold, because people are hush hush about amd's downfalls, and people get pretty pissed off when they encounter shit in the software that they always use. It's a good thing that amd always drop prices, but still the issues turn people off when they find out about them while in use.

>Adobe premiere strongly relies on core count or gpu acceleration. What intel gpu do you recommend for faster than amd gpu performance? Which intel cpu do you recommend to have have more cores than amd offers?
Adobe premiere has stability issues on am, so I would recommend to a person who is interested in using that software whatever the fastest most cored intel cpu that they could afford.

Nah, it's not being sold because of supposedly illegal contracts, some people were meant to go to jail but they had very good lawyers.
Look it up, educating yourself is always a good thing, especially considering that you're so woke and all.

Attached: 1530068798658.jpg (250x247, 10K)

Hey good job non making stuff up.

>"It's just your iCloud that's fucked bro, nothing to worry about"

>Nah, it's not being sold because of supposedly illegal contracts, some people were meant to go to jail but they had very good lawyers
Well that's not my problem. I don't care why something doesn't work on one system, and not the other. I need the system that works, and the companies can duke it out to as why it does, or does not on their own.

Actually, it has stability issues on Intel and causes your computer to explode if you use it on Intel CPUs

Shut it down, goy.

Attached: 125839407220091116intel.jpg (380x255, 30K)

>Hey good job non making stuff up.
Nothing was made up.

Proof.

(You) first.

>this app crashed, better get a new mac

>Shintel
No,thanks. I use Raptor Talos + IBM power 9
>no botnet
>absolutly freetard
>no malware
>no chinese shit

The internet, or just download, and use the software yourself on your amd muhchine (imagine if everyone did this).
>this app crashed, better get a new mac
Most people just replaced their 1800x with an i5 to solve their problem with adobe products.

>silly goy, this doesn't affect you as a desktop user, trust us!

Why don't you shove your FUD down your ass, Intel shill?

>we can expect most of them to eventually work and leak kernel or cross-VM memory in common usage circumstances, even such as javascript directly in a browser.

If this only affects "datacenters" then why is Theo is literally saying that
>DISABLE HYPERTHREADING ON ALL YOUR INTEL MACHINES IN THE BIOS.

How many of the people posting here have audited all the JavaScript they run on a daily basis, how many block all java script?

Attached: 1512215072681.jpg (1024x768, 214K)

>talos
How do you like it? I wanted to get one, but forgot about them.

The apps have to connect to and rely on something, that something is really specialized hardware and software, ancient but does the job perfectly. Search "COBOL" for an example, that shit is like from the 60's and people that know how to code in it have great paying jobs because it's vital for many systems that need unfuckable mainframes.

>block all javascript
Are there still people who do this? I'm sorry that your paranoid delusions have gotten so bad that you intentionally handicap your web experience.

>The internet, or just download, and use the software yourself on your amd muhchine (imagine if everyone did this).
Ah. so 'Source: My Ass' it is then.

>Ah. so 'Source: My Ass' it is then.
The source is littered all over the internet, and you can try it for yourself since I am assuming that you are knee deep in amd hardware.

>web """experience"""
Your usage of the web should not be an experience, dipshit zoomer.
>handicapped by the lack of JavaScript
Oh, you were being ironic.

>The source is littered all over
(You)r own ass.