With the big concern about personal privacy, why is this not a thing today? Design a device so all power to the mic...

With the big concern about personal privacy, why is this not a thing today? Design a device so all power to the mic, radios, and camera can be severed via a manual switch.

EZ-PZ, can't be exploited, privacy restored. There must be a market demand for something like this.

Attached: mutephone.png (1192x628, 984K)

You'd never get /them/ to go for it.

There is but it's a niche market. There are already a few companies who do this.

That's what librem is trying to do. If they deliver I might order one, but so far it seems unlikely.

I personally would buy a phone that had that ability in an instant. Physically disconnecting the electrical circuit is the only true privacy.
I think it will be a big market within the next decade or so when quantum computing starts coming online and is able to break tonnes of encryption protocols etc

They seem to be following their own scedule for delivery as far as I can tell.

fpbp /thread

Haha based and redpilled man

99% of people don't give a single fuck about privacy.

what if I want to disable wifi and gps but not bluetooth

Amazon and Google both added hardware switches to their assistant home devices.
If people throw a big enough fit, they WILL add switches to phones. Heck, it's not like the concept is impossible, iphones still come with one of the best hardware switches around.

Librem

Largely because phones are being built with the very opposite hierarchy in mind.
To the point that the System OS is subservient to the RTOS in the baseband.

It would require a complete redesign of the architecture, and would likely result in rooted phones being able to not comply with E911 requirements.

>manual switch
If only we could prevent writes on an hard drive with a manual switch. You could keep your backup drive constantly on without being afraid of it being compromised

probably wifi and bluetooth share hardware

Unless you can actually prove the switch works, and there isnt' secondary microphone or radio controlled by firmware it's for nothing

>why is this not a thing today?
Because it doesn't help.

People won't check their onboard hardware any more than they check their software against possible sabotage, and this just exachanges trust in the software manufacturer(s) with trust in the hardware manufacturers.

The big privacy risk is in data anyhow, not on fucking cameras.
Your interests, financial transactions, general identity, communication, internet history and so on are far more clearly on record in various data that is NOT camera recordings. That's the real privacy risk.

While that's possible with forensic disk controllers.
you gave me an idea.
SAS utilizes dual data connections so that two controllers can have access to each disk, for fail over capability.

The idea is reads and writes are sent on separate connections so that the disk can be attached in read only mode by only hooking up the read cable or by flipping a physical switch on the disk.

>inb4 OP is Lunduke
Puri.sm

# mount -o remount,ro /path_to_partition doesn't work for you?

Still writes the dirty bit and some other stuff to the partition, no?

Correct, this is why forensic data recovery uses a hardware write blocking storage controller.

I want a physical switch. Not a software one.

Or you could just not use Android

LOL, you think Apple lets you unilaterally power off the baseband?

No, my nubian gentleman, that switch is a suggestion, it orders the baseband to power down, but does not remove power from it.
Thus the baseband can be pinged by a cell tower, powered on and interrogated for location and other data.