Ask what programming language I should learn

>ask what programming language I should learn
>inundated by webshit like python and jaja

Is there really no good programming language for beginners that lets you become productive as you learn instead of going the webshit route or doing 10 years of samurai training just to make a game of tic tac toe in C?

Attached: 1525367104758.png (381x353, 38K)

Well...I think C# would be the best bet? It’s made by Microsoft, and they’ve recently open sourced a bunch of new related libraries and it officially runs on Linux and Mac as well.

Anyway, it is used a lot for web, games, and desktop apps and tmu it also has the ability to turn off automatic memory management so if you wanted to have god like memory management skills like anyone using C/C++ the ability is there - but no one does that so you’d be on your own.

Lisk/Scheme

>python
>webshit
Not exclusively
>jaja (i'm assuming javascript)
>webshit
You can make desktop apps in javascript using electron but you have to become a basedboy to first.

>Is there really no good programming language for beginners
Well both python and js are extremely high level languages, they aren't good for beginners because they teach you bad habits.
Something like Java or C# should be as high as you ought to go for a beginner language.

>10 years of training for a game of tic tac toe in C
Literally not true. You can make it using a 2D array, a switch statement and printf+scanf -- all basic C things.

Start with C++ or C#. Literally god-tier languages. Stay away from memeshit nobody uses ("C++ replacements", fpl, anything lower than C).

java isn't webshit

It's unsafe to turn off automatic memory management.

is java based?

unironically scheme

It provides simple but very powerful and general abstractions that save beginner programmers from the choice overload often brought about by more bloated languages.

People will call you Pajeet if you use it.

How is java web?

No, it's webshit designed for onionboys and wymyn yn tych. I want to learn a masculine programming language that is easy to pick up but powerful.

The problem with C/Cpp is that your latest Hello World calculator app can corrupt your OS if you don't understand how CPUs work.

You're nothing but a meme-spewing retard and will never amount to anything. Just end it.

>t. Webshit coding bootcamp wifi hobo 'freelancer'

t. avg Jow Forums user's knowledge of programming

also the same guy that'll talk shit about web development

You're doing the t. meme wrong.
You have to quote it, otherwise you're basically giving yourself a signature.

holy shit newfag
please lurk more

C#/VB.NET

I unironically think there's no such thing language that are absolutely suited for beginners.

The key is to able to understand how the logic works in programming and work with the quirks of whatever language you're using. I don't think it really matters since you're expected to branch out to other languages eventually.

I would say beginners should start off with whatever has the best docs that beginners can read which I think JS unironically has solid docs that beginners can understand since that tends to be everyone's first language anyway.

>ask stupid question
>get stupid answer

Go is made for retards, so I guess that's an option

Fucking pick one and stick with it. People who obsess over things like "what is the best books to learn programming????!?" or "what is the best language???!?" just need to shut the fuck up and write more code.

You're retarded
C is the best starting language because everything else is built from the same basic principles laid out in C.

>I know literally nothing about programming
>BUT I KNOW THESE LANGUAGES ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD
kys retard learning literally any language would make you better than the disgusting trash you are now

>I want to be an architect.
>"Then you need to start by learning metallurgy or else you won't understand steel beams."

Is everyone on Jow Forums webshit? I didn't expect to offend so many posters.

An indian streetshitter webdev knows more than you, let that sink in.

>10 years of samurai training just to make a game of tic tac toe in C?
kek

C# is MS supercancer.

>Well both python and js are extremely high level languages, they aren't good for beginners because they teach you bad habits.
Will this bs ever stop.
>hurr durr, Python is easy so its bad.

Python is extremely productive because you get shit done quickly. There are libraries for literally everything computers can do.
Gets interesting when you do raspberry pi embedded shit. Python is great for that.

What language you choose depends on what you do but for a general language Python is a good choice.

c# is a better for someone new to programming

Maybe, but in the long run it barely matters.
Most people won't start anyways cause they will agonize over which language to learn and never follow through. Pick a language, C, Java, Python, C#, does not matter and learn it.
Or become a python master like pic related OP

Attached: 435af8932d4f806d052c35e2bcb112d4.png (1413x290, 123K)

the main problem is you when you know nothing, you don't know what the best starting place is.

I don't program, so I know fuck all, but I know what I don't want to do and that's reading shit for fucking years never doing anything but small 'here is an example of what to do, do it' that dont apply to what you want to fucking do.

Its a big reason picking up languages is hard, I want to read or understand, but they go about it in such a fucking round about way where you cant see the value in what you are doing now, opposed to a math problem where they give you the plausible real world scenario where you would use it.

>webshit like java
stop while you're ahead 25 yr old boomer

Not really, there's an immense amount of shit that goes on in a C# project, and there's so many ways to do things, deprecated retarded syntactic sugars from 2011 and so on that C# really isn't a begnner's language.

It's not a bad language by any means, but compare it to something like Python that starts with very little required knowledge.

Well, what do you want to learn programming for?

I wrote my first brogram in C today. It is three loops. One loop for main and two loops inside one of which controls the actual function of the brogram and the other loop is to ask the user if he wishes to restart. I am having difficulty because I can enter the wrong data type into my scanf and fuck up the brogram. I am about to give up.

What do you want to do?

For scientific stuff, I suggest Python. For games, c++. I can't say what else though.

>I am about to give up
Most common feeling of being a programmer.
The trick is, to push through anyways.

Architects start out learning to build little shacks and such.

my interest comes and goes with needs.
I want to move images into specific folders to sort them, the only programs that do this crash every other image, look into programming, be told to sit down with a book that is the most basic possible shit in it, and has no direct relevance to anything real world, and be told im going to be grinding that like its a full time job for 3+ years before I can hope to do what I want.

find a program that does most of what I want and the interest goes away.

Mostly its shit like this, I want a small thing to happen, get told to fuck off and make it myself, with the will to do it, get tossed problems I can't even begin to see how it connects, loose any interest because even doing a complete time consuming work around is faster.

2 of my recent needs were I have a fuck load of files, many of which I can put into folders, but I dont want to manually make the folders, is there a program that will make folders based on file names. more or less I could clean it up after I get the files in folders, but the only program I know of will make the folder and put the file into it, but if the file name is to long it just deletes it.

or I have japanese characters and this program doesn't like unicode text, is there any way to just hard convert it from japanese to romaji (basically english letters that just cover how the characters sound) get told to program it myself, and again a fuck off long learning curve that pretty much amounts to any work around method I can come up with is less frustrating.

Actually I studied archutecture and the way we started off was that we spent a couple of months studying typical details and wall assemblies and then they set us loose to design our first single family home. With programming, it's more like if someone said "okay, all you need to know about forces is that F=ma" so you go and try to design a house only to learn that you don't know about moments or shear or bearing size or load tracing or dead load/live load etc etc etc. You go to look for tutorials and all they teach you still is that F=ma.

Golang exists

Attached: shitposting.jpg (335x500, 73K)

Python or AutoHotkey

Did you mean Lisp?

he hasn't learnt machine code first
do you love t3h bloat, op
justbrainletthings

>Go
I want Rob Pike to leave

/thread

>jaja

Attached: image.jpg (500x394, 163K)

You could make a game of tic tac toe in C in a few hours.

>See pic
>See comments
>webshit like python
Checks out, you're retarded

but Jow Forums told me that onions increase test?

>i want to learn a programming language
Fairly reasonable thing to learn in 2018.

>i want to do things that are practical and productive
Forget C, Haskell, Erlang, or anything niche or extremely low level.

>i want to learn how to do proper programming but i don't want to deal with low level internals like memory assignment
Learn C#, Java or dialects of these languages. These languages (and dialects thereof) are the perfect mix of abstraction and practicality which is why they are used everywhere.

>i don't care about learning how to program properly. i just want to cut and paste things together and appear to know what i am doing.
Learn Python or JS.

Batch is good for this. You might not make many games however because it's first and foremost a scripting language. Also having goto to use REALLY helps in your early stages trust me

learn c, if you are brainlet c++

Python is not webshit though, it's more of a scripting language
And C's learning curve is arguably too inefficient at making people interested in programming, let alone getting meaningful shit done.