Apple or Android

Apple or Android
Which do you prefer
Valid preference choices are: accessibility, rooting/jailbreakabilty, open-sourceness, security, price, quality, lifespan, app choices, display, and so on
IMPORTANT: Don't bitch to the other faction about how your device is better, it makes you an idiot

Attached: DenIpsb1Dma5YCXr7XZgDtfyriKJAIQFawJYqh_ur77W_ZNR6tdkVFw-Rx8Qy9oNnh3q1LdFv8d4nSRF3Zr50EzX8Lq3CaQ69whR (790x440, 32K)

android cause it's cheap and has very good battery life (redmi note 4x)

I'd go apple if I had the money. I tried their stuff and I honestly felt like its better, also not a big fan of google stuff. Not because of the "muh privacy" aspect, but for some reason google drive and other services (docs, new gmail) feel sluggish and often times unusable even on my computer.

Also android doesn't support tablets, the newest Samsung thing only has Oreo with no real plans for updates in sight.
Third party software is also much higher quality on the apple side of things.
Once I'm self sufficient I'm going with apple.

>Valid preference choices are: accessibility, rooting/jailbreakabilty, open-sourceness, security, price, quality, lifespan, app choices, display, and so on
Android since it utterly BTFOs iphones in each of those categories, also pic related.

Attached: 1523345395975.png (719x990, 850K)

Android because of innovation. Apple will probably bitch about NPUs on phones in the next 2 years even though android users have had it for 1 year now (which will be 3 by the time they implement it).

Apple. I tried Android and the experience was generally frustrating. Nothing worked the way I expected it to, fixes for various bugs required rooting and custom ROMs because the manufacturer couldn't be arsed, and I was constantly paranoid that anything installed from the Play store was disease ridden. Android tablet apps don't really exist either, it's all supersized phone crap.

And this is coming from someone who likes to mess with obscure linux distros and custom WM setups. I don't mind getting technical but Android was just tedious.

Android (LG G7, HTCs previously)
Price, quality, lifespan, display.

I had a 3GS back in the day, and after tooling around with an HTC Evo back in 2010, I never looked back. Used to jailbreak and root, but no longer necessary for my use cases

I honestly could use either, once most Android phones start using the file based encryption mode it won't be so much different than apple in security, which is it's biggest flaw as of now

android because I can just plug it into a computer and manage files on it
never even bothered using the playstore though, much prefer fdroid
absolutely disgusted by how big every high end android is these days not one is under 5" and the trend away from removable batteries also puts me off buying a new device its honestly gotten to the point where if nokia took that 8110 banana phone and slapped a 4" touchscreen on it I'd jump ship to kaios/firefoxos in a heartbeat

Android. It's not even a competition at this point.

Hey man there's a program called 3utools that can manage files on Apple. Honestly I use Android more, but I've lost the "apple is crap" attitude after I used a bunch of apple devices and did some research on them

>once most Android phones start using the file based encryption mode
They do since 2016, out of the box. Makes it a hassle to switch between different ROMs honestly.

Android has better software but apple has better phone design

>android because I can just plug it into a computer and manage files on it
This was actually one of my peeves with android. By default it thought plugging it into a computer meant I wanted to charge it, so I had to go into settings and switch it over to "plugging in means file transfer", which is annoying but not so bad. The part that sucks is that it forces to use the flaky as fuck shitty MTP instead of just mounting as a mass storage device like most other USB devices do.

And this program will be installed on all PCs I decide to plug a phone in, right?

I was just making you aware, I'm not trying to argue or anything ( :

>By default it thought plugging it into a computer meant I wanted to charge it
That started on Marshmallow if I'm not mistaken, before that it used MTP by default. And the reason for MTP is simple - does your OS support ext4 or f2fs?

>better phone design

Attached: 1526523964596.jpg (1059x751, 167K)

>I've lost the "apple is crap"
never had that to begin with myself apple just serves a different market with different needs and expectations take for example
>3utools that can manage files on Apple
seems to me a unnecessary and cumbersome way to manage files on a device but at the same time an apple user might consider needing to install fdroid an unnecessary and cumbersome way to install apps

iOS. It's more logical and structured. Also not being written in Java is a plus.
Apple because I can just AirDrop to my Mac and with android I have to install "Android File Transfer"

Android. While I haven't used iOS over a long period of time, I found it generally annoying to use whenever I would borrow my friends' phones for a short while.

used both.
really would prefer ios if not for the fact that i need itunes or such to back up my photos, images, downloads and stuff, and that it has no native file system access so i cant just download a random file to save for later

currently using android - the ecosystem is cancer. every new phone is filled with bloat, market is full of

I'd buy an iPhone if it ran Android. iOS is too restrictive.

Honestly I agree I just like devices and will make do with what I have

For my, iPhone.

- Customer service is underrated. Any time I've had a problem with my phone I've taken it to an Apple Store to have it fixed for free or often very cheap. Power button stopped working once. Took it to the store and got a brand new iPhone to replace it, no questions asked. Free.

- It just works. Again, underrated. Nice not having to worry about erasing and starting over as new, restarting the phone daily, etc.

- Apps
- Build quality
- Camera (yes there are other phones with good cameras now)
- Accessory support, AirPods, Apple Watch, CarPlay, other third party options.

Not natively, no, but that's no reason to use MTP. If I'm not mistaken, older versions of android even supported USB mass storage but that got axed at some point.

>with android I have to install "Android File Transfer"
Which is barely usable at this point. Shit freezes and fails transfers constantly. I don't think Google has even updated it in years

Open source with ability to root and block ads systemwide
Also tons of handy foss applications make a wonderfull os for daily use

iOS is made for tech dumb normalfags who love selling their soul for the convieniece of not having to think
Out of the box android also does that, ofcourse

>Android
Horrible, horrible inconsistent UI, literally windows of mobile OSes, yet it's still better

Older versions supported external storage ONLY for sd cards - which were formatted to fat32 before Nougat.
>but that's no reason to use MTP
Suggest an alternative. You can mount the internal storage by a root app, but I already said the caveat.
I just transfer files using smb, most file managers support it,

Apple seems to just completely replace your device with a new one when you take it in for service, and since it's so popular their stores are crammed with retards who want to get their phones fixed

I hope this is ironic.

My peeve is the fact that you can't enable fbe on obscure devices or custom roms with Android

Devices that came with fbe out of the box support fbe on custom ROMs as well. And it's a pain in the ass.

You could at least pretend you don't shit in the street iPoojeet.

Attached: 1514273781118.png (659x1921, 636K)

Same here, especially if battery issues weren't a problem (e.g. expansion problems and short battery life).

Android because I like removable storage and headphone Jack's, mine is only a cheap honor haven't had any problems with lagging yet.

>I just transfer files using smb, most file managers support it,
It feels like built in SMB support or something like that should come stock with the OS, but then I guess [insert manufacturer] can't shove their cloud service down your throat then

This goes under the category of bitching to the other faction. Also did you not read that I primarily use Android devices?

Couldn't you use adb over lan to transfer files?

Straightforward but hardly convenient.

Exactly. There's no reason for the process to be more involved than plugging it in and double clicking a mounted phone icon on my desktop. There's also no reason for copies to be any less reliable or take any longer than they would with an external HD or flash drive.

I feel like this is actually something that a Linux distribution made for phones would get way more right than Android ever has.

Apple
>just werks
>looks/feels/smells good
>fast camera
>UX is fluid

I only prefer android for google assistant and google app integration but siri has similar basic features. I do also like that android has customization but I like how with iOS I can use literally any iDevice and know what the fuck I'm doing

Android because
- I hate glass-back phones.
- I prefer my home screen clean with a few widgets.
- I prefer the capacitive buttons.
- I hate the notch.
- I want to change my default apps, my launcher ... with ease.
- My Nokia 8 is faster than the Iphone 8 and less expensive.
- I hate faggots.

Bought my galaxy core outright no contract only paid 200 dollars and that was 5 years ago.
Battery life is still decent.
Has SD card slot.
Has a headphone jack.
Standard micro usb port.
The only thing I don't like is to little ram.
It does everything I need.
I'm in the market for a new phone but everything is gimmicky or overpriced.

I prefer android but got an iphone because girls laughed at me when they found out I had an Android.

Apple is a company, android is an operating system. You can't compare the 2.
Android vs iOS, however, android wins any time.

iOS just flat out sucks.

They delete apps for no reason like The Chan but keep things like the Reddit app.

No file managers sucks and also no shared directories meaning if you have music in one app, the files won't show up on another music app.

When viewing imageson the images app, you literally cannot change the filename or view image properties like file size.

No drag and dropping files suck so if you want to move your videos/apps from phone to PC you have to use a cable even though they make this possible on mac with airdrop.

My next phone will be Android. Only reason I'm using iOS is cause I got this SE for $150 brand new.

These kinds of comparison pics purposely make Apple look like garbage and we all know it.

>No file managers sucks and also no shared directories meaning if you have music in one app, the files won't show up on another music app.
This is only true if app devs want it to be. Since iOS 10 at least (maybe further, can't remember), the system filepicker has access to every app's files, so as long as music app A has enabled access to its files, music app B should be able to import music app A's files through the system file picker.

Of course each app has to maintain its own copy of the files involved, but this is more of a consequence of zealous sandboxing than anything else. The idea is that by keeping the user's files inside of sandboxed app bundles, no single app can abuse filesystem permissions by crawling through all the user's files. There's no good way to prevent this if files are stored in a more traditional filesystem setup.

The easiest way to fix this would be to implement per-app filesystem permissions – so for example, music app B could ask for music app A's files and if granted would get access to only that.

>No drag and dropping files suck so if you want to move your videos/apps from phone to PC you have to use a cable even though they make this possible on mac with airdrop.

I dual boot for games and I have to admit I kinda wish Apple had built a little Windows daemon that allows airdrop, shared clipboard, etc. I use these features constantly under macOS.

I have both but I prefer Apple now that they have bigger iPhones 5.5 screen its just enough for me.
I still have my Note 5 laying around but when the iPhones came out with bigger screens I never looked back (much simpler and no lag or Brickin Phones software, Also I was into rooting and xda stuff back in the day but I guess I grew out of that Faze. still love my Note 5 tho but ill stick with Apple.

Librem 5

When someone finds a way tonnage the 6 run Android, I'll buy it

Android
Google free,removable battery, microsd, first to be notched,

Neither. I am using Sailfish GNU/Linux on my phone. I "downgraded" from an iPhone X to a phone that could run Sailfish, and switched my SIM card over to it. I don't even have Android app compatibility, that comes when my Xperia X arrives and I get on a official version*. Right now I'm just on a community port.

Do you want systemd and the coreutils on your phone? Do you want to be able to update your phone's OS and apps over ssh? Do you want to stick it to the censorious Big 2 and go with a truly independent mobile OS? Then Sailfish is for you.

*Only Available in Europe**
**Unless you can figure out a VPN

Attached: 533863-jolla-sailfish-os-on-sony-xperia-x.jpg (740x555, 60K)

The one where I'm not locked into using iTunes to add music to my device

Android. The biggest selling point is that I can spend less and get more. Upgradable memory, apks, customization options, easy PC file management, and decent battery life. I honestly don't mind the slightly shittier front camera (I've been trying to persuade my girlfriend to get an android but she's tech illiterate and prefers the iPhone cam) but the back camera is pretty dank. Also the battery life on my old ChinkMeme Note 3 was fantastic. My current Mate 9 isn't as great, but it's got USB-C and it charges in a heartbeat; I can't complain.

Attached: IMG_20180615_142054.jpg (3968x2976, 2.5M)

>*Only Available in Europe**
This has always seemed kinda silly to me. Is there really no interest from the US? Seems like a sizeable market to miss out on.

I kind of hate both
>Android-Botnet
>iOS-Walled garden

Iphone got me laid. The Snapchat looks better on the iPhone. I like androids interface better.

iphone!!!
never going back to this bloatware infested os called android.
>inb4 root it
hello no.

Android.
2 main reasons why.
>Price
Apple or Android, I don't wanna spend 1k on a phone.
>Barrier for entry regarding development
If you want to write apps for Android, you download the SDK and do it.
If you want to deploy something you've written to your phone, you can do it by changing 1 setting on your phone.
If you want to share it with your friends, they can put it on their phone as easily as you put it on yours.
If you want to put your app on the Play store, it's a one-time payment of $20.

On apple, you have to have an account just to download the SDK. You also need to register devices for ad-hoc deployment; this isnt difficult for your own phone, but it's cumbersome if you want to share it with your friends.

Furthermore, if you want to publish your app, you have to pay 100 dollars every year.

Android since I'm heterosexual.

> rooting
> open-sourceness
> price

Basically the same reasons I use loonix.

>If you want to put your app on the Play store, it's a one-time payment of $20.
That's not per-app, by the way. That's per play store account and you only need one.

I want muh 3.5mm jack and custom roms.

Android. iOS feels really bad in my hand, don't like the UI at all. Also battery life is pretty bad.

Battery life.

>android doesn't support tablets
No, your manufacturer doesn't support your tablet. Install a custom ROM
>not a big fan of google stuff
Me neither and you can remove and replace in on Android
>third party software is also much higher quality on the apple side of things
Not really.
Also we have f-droid.

Android P won't be supporting tablets.

it's the truth

Nobody could be this retarded.
The only difference between a "smartphone" and a "tablet" is the screen size. Everything else is the same hardware inside.

ANGERY

apple has >>>>ux

android actual file manager and sd card....so android 4 me