Researchers reveal Android devices communicating with Google servers almost 90 times per hour

>A team of researchers at Vanderbilt University have published a paper detailing how frequently Android devices communicate with Google servers to share user data and how this data can be used to identify individuals
>Google was able to build an interest profile for the user Jane based on just a single day’s use.
Thoughts? Would you still use Android knowing all this?
digit.in/internet/researchers-reveal-android-devices-communicating-with-google-servers-almost-90-times-per-hour-43077.html

Attached: a08cbb181748ff4a37d8a7042a05c0776e3de10e.jpg (940x540, 58K)

what else is there to use? if you want to do some nasty/illegal shit then you do it on some linux pc, not your phone

Yes, because of a lack of alternatives. An obvious precaution would be to never use private/sensitive information over an android phone, something you should have done even prior to this article.

>The researchers conclude that the Android Platform combined with the use of Chrome (which tracks all your website visits and clicks) allows Google to collect an immense amount of information.
>Chrome (which tracks all your website visits and clicks)

And there are people here who still don't believe Chrome is a botnet.

Oh, look the street shitting iToddler is spamming this shitty thread for the 500th time this week so he can shill his own fruit shit botnet in the same thread.

Attached: 1506071530805.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>there are people here who still don't believe Chrome is a botnet
We know, we just don't care. The only people who whine endlessly about "muh privacy" are people with something to hide. Like all those admins who all turned out to be kiddie diddlers back in 2009 on that one tor forum.

I honestly don't give a shit if a company tracks my product usage, as long as the production is affordable and functional. This is the opinion of the majority of technology users, btw.

>The only people who whine endlessly about "muh privacy" are people with something to hide.

That's right, goy. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

>We know, we just don't care
This is what makes it worse. When does it become an issue for people like you? You give an inch and they'll take a mile.

I'd rather have them pay me for my information, goy

It's not an issue for me at all. Privacy simply does not factor in to my decision to buy something or not. It's really that simple.

Obviously if chrome was reading my banking information, that would be wrong. But it's wrong because it's illegal, not because its an invasion of my privacy. I don't give a fuck if they build some profile on me based upon my mouse clicks. I don't pay attention to ads anyway.

jfc

>But it's wrong because it's illegal, not because its an invasion of my privacy.
He doesn't understand what is wrong with that sentence.

Attached: 1530868802777.jpg (403x448, 29K)

God i feel sorry for the idiots that use Chrome OS
It isn't much of a secret, but what can we do? Buy iPhones? Applel is the biggest jew company, putting Intel and Nvidia to shame and i will never touch their products again.
Just let Goolag look into your shopping history once in a minute, it's not like they jack off to your front camera footage

Nobody that belongs on Jow Forums uses gapps, much less fagOS botnet.

Attached: 1518337917283.png (160x160, 6K)

Tl;dr does it apply to pure AOSP-based ROM without gapps?

Yes, the botnet is baked in with the os there is no way of getting rid of it

How do investigate and BLOCK certain outgoing data requests?

>t. street shitting itoddler

Already knew this. The best you can do is try to break away from anything google related. Gmail, YouTube, Android.. etc. They’re a privacy nightmare.

I think you're lying. Give source.

THIS IS WHY I BUY CHINESE DEVICES THAT BLOCK GOOGLE 100%

I WOULD RATHER HAVE ZANG TRACK ME BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE IN ZANGLAND.

Attached: C-y3DJ4XsAAlMPz.jpg (951x956, 106K)

We can run open sourced software with the lack of gapps and Google shitty services causing massive boost in battery and massive boost in speed and functionality.

If you want privacy nowadays then you need to take it into your own hands to defend yourself and your information. Android is the few options for mobile power users and privacy. Lineage is a very good step but not the ultimate solution.

Apple still a joke as they always have been.
Microsoft is trying to get on googles level.

yes goy, let us own and control every single aspect of your life, you're not a criminal, are you?

Attached: CGUZYhnWwAAUFCJ.png:large.png (1024x512, 227K)

>if you want to save battery and mobile data you're a criminal
too antisemitic for you?

he's saying don't use your device connected to google to do illegal shit you dumb fucking nigger.

Someone has to do this if we want to advance in ai. Google is gathering an unreal amount of data and has some of the smartest people in the world. We'll soon have advanced enough ai to drastically improve our lives. This is the only way. Yes Google will make a shit load of money off of it, but they deserve it and there are much worse companies than them.

Yes, if you use Chrome or access Google products via a browser

Maybe, in case you don't disable Google Ads

Otherwise no

good goy!

Unfortunately no practical solution exists. There's AfWall but it only offers cutting net access from apps/app groups.

>Thoughts? Would you still use Android knowing all this?
Why not?

LineageOS uses Google's services to check connectivity and 8.8.8.8 as its default (and first choice) resolver. These settings are hardcoded, so i had to apply some patches i made and recompile it. Now it doesn't use Google at all while in stand by.

I'm convinced that the same people who shill AMD threads 24/7 are the same people who shill against Android in favor of iOS.

It's the same exact tactics in both cases. They aren't even hiding it.

Question: How do you know that the devs of your less secure ROM (security =/= privacy) aren't also collecting information on you? Have you reviewed every line of their source code?

Considering that there is no nonbotnet phones to use, yes. If the librem 5 ends up a legitimate alternative I'll probably switch over.

Post your SSN, bank account and credit card numbers. You don’t mind a few anonymous people having a look? Nothing to hide, right?

>Researchers reveal iPoojeets shit in the street over 9000 times per hour

Thoughts?

Attached: 1527714577294.jpg (835x899, 230K)

If you're not willing to defend your privacy you don't deserve to have it.

What do you use then? Cloudfare? Or do you just leave it to choose whatever dns it finds best?