Isn't mathematics just the numerical regex of <insert_mathematical_SequenceORPattern_Here>?

Isn't mathematics just the numerical regex of ?

Attached: 1519088714438.jpg (349x144, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression?wprov=sfla1).
paultaylor.eu/stable/prot.pdf
math.uchicago.edu/~may/VIGRE/VIGRE2011/REUPapers/Lian.pdf
arxiv.org/abs/0808.1518
pcre.org
youtube.com/watch?v=TDYgKDJSybQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

>discrete mathematics is the meme math
so sad... it is my favoirite

No is an infinite state, so I don't know why infinity bothered commanding a human to type out a negative to a prepositional explorer.

Discrete mathematics and Number Theory are all there is.

All applied and practical goes under 'discrete' and all expansions of existing knowns comes under Number Theory.

>>
You guys DO know that Mathematics is a proto-langauge, yes? For the human brain? Oldest one we got? Would be a SHAME if some Jow Forums-tard was actually trying to base his A.I. codebase off MATHaaLANGUAGE

Attached: 1510655263407.png (800x180, 117K)

>You guys DO know that Mathematics is a proto-langauge, yes? For the human brain?
really? for the human brain???? wow
stop mixing concepts because it doesn't make you smarter

Math is made up bullshit that reflects reality due to some magick, wish other things functioned like this.

Stop presuming that your preferred information aggregation method results in 'smarter' or 'dumber'.

Given the state of the world and academia the amount of clout any random sample member of society has to any OTHER member is at an all time low.

>Goes on Jow Forums
>Has an ego
>Forget that Jow Forums is Anonymous for a second
>Looks@Self

I'm just curious as to why conversations attract people who are only interested in ejaculating their opinion and have no stamina to actually engage, regardless of the medium.

Math: Confirmed Moon Runes

Attached: 1516725580723.jpg (881x749, 49K)

it is like you are repling to yourself at this

*shrug* maybe better reading comprehension standards for your country's education system them? If you can't tell I'm engaging with unique posters ONLY then I dunno what to tell you. Never watched someone actually get some benefit/value out of Jow Forums? It ain't hard. You just gotta 'out-patience' the shitposters and entice those who'd use these ways of describing things.

95% Shitposters = NPC
5% Shitposters = Enlightened

Lurkers = FULL POTENTIAL TO BECOME ENLIGHTENED

Or whatever story you need in this moment to work for you.

I just think it's funny that so much of society thinks that Jow Forums is where 'the worst' go because they need some social outcast group. Most of us are actually fairly decent and don't mind helping. Not like any other organizational body cares about society beyond its own, "We're right! You're wrong!" mantra.

Attached: 1507160915960.jpg (310x162, 8K)

>You guys DO know that Mathematics is a proto-langauge,
It's a cryptic shit langauge.

4 Posters and 5 Replays that are clearly not yours. Sure looks like you ain't samefagging.

Also, you can stop blogging about your 9th grade philosophy homework.

>>>Plebbit/Im14AndThisIsDeep

Look, I'll submit to that reality truth but that's simply because teachers do terrible jobs and then their ego gets in the way because they want fame or fortune.

Maths is a fairly simple language, powerful enough to change all English.

Is that 'really' the limit of your ability there? You think up some clever quip and the person you wanted to read that message is supposed to feel or understand something? Like 'you' for example?

Attached: 1530212431936.gif (340x407, 13K)

Let's try something: please tell me what is the purpose of the automata in your OP and why it lacks and end point; please tell me what is the purpose of you posting a snippet of Langeangian Mapping; please tell me what your last image represents. Seeing as none of the operands/functions are defined and some don't have a ubiquitous meaning.

Could it be that you ate just huffing a mixture of glue/weed/your mother's rotten tit milk and thought your piss poor plant level IQ suddenly reached just under sperg level and you would flaunt it on Jow Forums?

No, you're confusing arithmetic with mathematics.

Correct, but only one usage of the word please was required.
>Let's try something: please tell me what is the purpose of the automata in your OP and why it lacks and end point; please tell me what is the purpose of you posting a snippet of Langeangian Mapping; please tell me what your last image represents. Seeing as none of the operands/functions are defined and some don't have a ubiquitous meaning.

Incorrect
>Could it be that you ate just huffing a mixture of glue/weed/your mother's rotten tit milk and thought your piss poor plant level IQ suddenly reached just under sperg level and you would flaunt it on Jow Forums?

The purpose of posting this is so I know 'this' social experience group's understanding of mathematics and code, or their willingness to accept new stuff or not.

>Fix Jow Forums, Fix Da World.

How can I be confusing a SUCCESSOR function with measuring these sensations we call weight that some person once attributed to this memory we call form, bounded by a word. Mathematics is the measurement of weight and form, and the description applied to it is what society remembers.

Attached: 1516996705089.png (500x530, 37K)

why did you quote in the wrong order?

What's the right order, for you?

>Q
A

>Why?
Answer this way?

conversational chronology

yikes

Thanks for answering none of the questions, you imbecile. Saged.

Also to answer your question: No maths isn't just a regex (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression?wprov=sfla1).

Either you look at it from the CS perspective and it is just a string sequence with no inherent meaning, which is false as you can infer information from a mathematical expression. Or you look at it from a Formal Language perspective and realize you lack a grammar for it.

Bottom line: stop being a fucking idiot.

I usually prefer to present the cloned data as alternative text colors with my answer taking top, but, fair enough.

>Q: What is the value in presenting a conversation in this fashion, unless it is forward-facing to you?
A: ?

Again, why chatbots? Seems strange that some russian would code a chatbot to simply express pointless small things.

I'm unsure of if one person's opinion is enough to convince me, especially when that person is just expressing the same thing someone else has tried to before.

>I'm right
>You're wrong
>Go online
>Rinse & repeat

The above is no different than going to university classes or what Trump does. Why do people still think said behavior serves any purpose beyond perpetuating an ego?

I'm genuinely trying to point out that all mathematics describes congruence. For it to finally 'congregate' it requires a grammar to BE replaced.

I'm voting for the RAPE word, meaning FORCEFUL imprint over EXISTING IDENTITY.

Attached: 1529176719903.jpg (320x453, 22K)

No, it's a system of proofs that's pretty much identical to analytic philosophy. Really, mathematics, analytic philosophy, and computer science are all the same field, which is logic. It's too bad that you can't get a BS in logic, but it's a broad subject.

New Math from the 1970's might be something you should check out. It was developed unsuccessfully as a way for American elementary school students to catch up with Russia and China during the cold war. It failed for being too abstract, but basically started with teaching logic and proofs first, before constructing axioms and basic functions such as addition, as well as proving things like the values of 1 and 0.

Attached: 1508785323494.gif (250x341, 2.88M)

>Q: What is the value in presenting a conversation in this fashion, unless it is forward-facing to you?

for others reading, they have to perform inefficient eye movements, as well as the poster to which you replied in finding which part of the post you're responding to

Mathematics is a logical method based on unstable grounds, that is, you can form unprovable statements within it. Notwithstanding these, it still consistutes a concise way to reason on abstractions.

A set of proofs or a systemic method of proving isolated conjectures? I'm curious about your interpretation.

I am a large fan of 'logic' and conjunctive normal forms.

Okay, so if I am responding to ANYONE'S question, I should quite their Question at the top and my response in black underneath.

Is it too 'faggy' to do it like:
>Q:
A: I Answer in the affirmative.

An abstraction rationale would be very helpful. If mathematics is the only non-destructive union function (excluding biological reproduction) then what, from your view, would constitute a 'mathematical synonym for abstraction'.

Attached: 1517385937738.jpg (320x454, 20K)

>what, from your view, would constitute a 'mathematical synonym for abstraction'.
One word: representation.

Attached: a-square-circle-and-triangle-drawn-in-the-sand--stock-picture-311189.jpg (1300x926, 585K)

I'm okay with this. Representation requires a Quorum though, otherwise we have no Poll to refer to.

Square>CubeTriangle>Circle

Circle = Point
Rectangle = Line
Square = Parallel
Cube = Store
Triangle = Attempt

Attached: 1520939983048.gif (380x250, 11K)

>A set of proofs or a systemic method of proving isolated conjectures?
paultaylor.eu/stable/prot.pdf
math.uchicago.edu/~may/VIGRE/VIGRE2011/REUPapers/Lian.pdf
arxiv.org/abs/0808.1518
:)

Hey, it's a 3.7 GPA spergout

I unable to follow along with this discussion. I know RegEx and I vaguely understand Gödel's incompleteness theorems. Can someone explain the central topic as if I had Downs? Thanks.

Attached: 1534693869232.jpg (600x1147, 118K)

I'm*

God damn it.

OPs date switched the glasses and he got roofied up.

kill yourself for the purpose of eugenics

samefag autist

I'm not American, but okay. Also 33, so that whole 'needing grades' part of my life was a long, LONG, time ago.

Interesting. Given this it would be more logical to define NOT ME OR I operations. A finite state machine is simply 'input, rotate and express new direction', so it can always point at YOU OR THEY.

It's more that RegEx (Perl) is a long instruction set in order to pattern-match user-input. Mathematics is the same thing, meaning that no other mathematician will accept you unless you can demonstrate heuristics at a minimum.

The whole 'incompleteness' theorem and etc. are just intelligent people at their pinnacle saying, "Maybe I'm God? Maybe I'm not? If not, then why are there other people in existence?"

There can never be 'all questions' answered, so every problem solution generates new problem sets. Mine are purely linguistic because fundamentals beats everything. Also this is because I'm writing a generative narrative A.I. for the full VR dive immersion shit that so many humans are desperate for. Think of it like a 'perpetual matrix movie generator, but for every individual'.

Every individual has a 'belief bridge' that they usually find a thing they don't like to test. Good example are movies, if the story doesn't give you enough suspension of belief then the watcher dismisses it as useless. My generative A.I. however presents language in an 'invitational & conjunctive' manner.

I got the idea from Trump & Hitler. Humans don't want to know where the real truth comes from, they just want someone else to tell them first so they don't have existential crisis.

I'm just REALLY forcing Jow Forums as the birthing place of all this because, well, it'd be funny.

Do you talk to yourself or find a lot of people that talk to themselves, and you are the unique pointer-outer of such qualia?

Actually, posters like this are THE best example. So many of us KNOW that so many other humans ARE just empty, which is how Trump won.

You can find them virtually everywhere and they really just parrot whatever blame or hurt was dumped on them by either abusive parent, community, or teachers. If they die, don't care, but, may as well keep them happy somehow.

Are you gonna grab my ass and make out with me too, fag? I'm 30 and I contributed to Quipper and Mirage, and wrote the Pluto gallina server. Perl isn't regular expressions, get your head out of your ass.

I understood what you said, and you want to sound clever but it doesn't work, dude

Wow you should have majored in a humanity like sociology or anthropology instead of the CS major that you never got into because you were too depressed about your dad raping you or whatever

Chomsky couldn't write a programming language.

The incompleteness theorem has no application. The platonistic view on mathematics ignores pedantically how maths is a practice before being a magical spell that would solve every riddle in existence.
Beware, becauce some riddles may also make no sense, by using not-well defined notions such as "infinity" or "set of all sets" (and similarly self-referential notions). Keep yourself on tangible grounds and you'll see there actually is no well-layed problem without a solution.

pcre.org

I was defining what Regex Engine I know and use for all references. Not sure why the rest of your comment mattered to you or to whoever you think should read it. Either you presume it is already there and 'you' should be kind and help pull it out, like I would, or you are just making a glib observation in the hopes it generates something.

The post was more for other lurkers than for you at that point. There are many lurkers that read posts and simply abandon threads, some stick and stay. Your retort doesn't make any sense because 'I' am the only person subscribing to your responses to my replies. If you keep following, then you're an idiot for simply trying to read a thing in order to formulate some sort of, "hur dur u dum."

Again, why do people like you bother posting stuff like this? How does it help your society/community or anything? Does intelligence offend Americans or something? Do you guys REALLY have no culture of sharing? Can you ONLY interpret my words as if I am trying to make the OTHER person's computer screen make them feel less?

I'd agree but his work was still required for things like semantic parsing trees.

Agreed, it has no real application. It's a theorem in the same way that buddhists medidate about nothingness.

The problem is always in laying it out, the solution itself will be gifted by virtue of entropic priority.

Attached: 1514870845129.jpg (570x561, 80K)

>Discrete mathematics and Number Theory are all there is.
No.

Ah, and chatbots. Thanks for reminding me.

I can prove mathematically that not every mathematical construct has a pattern whatsoever.

>Does intelligence offend Americans
yes
>t. expat

Mind if I ask why t.expat?
>Caucasian expat born and raised in Jakarta here.

I joined the US Navy and got to travel
I guess it just lost its "sparkle" after I traveled.

Do it

Yeah, travel at the very least gives you objectivity over your source culture.

Only way you could do that is by blowing your brains out.

>I just think it's funny that so much of society thinks that Jow Forums is where 'the worst' go because they need some social outcast group
i dont think that "society" as a whole even realizes that Jow Forums even exists. its just not that big or popular. many people come here but it is nothing compared to a website as large and popular as, say, reddit. there is no interaction here like there is on places like reddit. whatever you think of a website like reddit, consider the kind of interaction that occurs between something like a game developer/community manager and the customers. or celebrities doing AMAs(even if its just bullshit to promote their upcoming movie or whatever).
im not trying to promote reddit but thats how i see it. i do prefer the way Jow Forums works generally; i think the upvote system reddit uses is terrible and it hides a great deal of discussion from public view and allows users to manipulate what is being seen and not seen.

Society as a whole doesn't realize anything outside their own group. I just meant it is rather funny that western media uses Jow Forums as a, "That's where the demons of society hang out!"

Jow Forums IS better because fuck having actual mods or bullshit algorithm sorting. If you are a human and understand a fucking 'category board' then in my mind you are the second coming of Christ in terms of intelligence.

Attached: 1531262279745.png (226x223, 3K)

>Society as a whole doesn't realize anything outside their own group. I just meant it is rather funny that western media uses Jow Forums as a, "That's where the demons of society hang out!"
media, like news and stuff, is like that with most things really. i dont think it has much to do with Jow Forums but more to do with the news stations getting views. i dont want to turn this into some huge Jow Forums thing but many news stations are basically run by corporations. they want money, they want viewers. the topics will be skewed and displayed in such a way to get peopel to watch/cilck. clickbait stuff basically.
media/news is kinda silly nowadays. with information so readily available from so many sources, i find it weird that people read clickbait articles or watch news stations that spend a total of maybe 3 minutes talking about incredibly complex topics. it gives some people a really messed up view on something that is far more complex than it may have come across as

>i dont want to turn this into some huge Jow Forums thing but many news stations are basically run by corporations
meant to say they are run LIKE corporations. i have no idea what is really going on behind the scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=TDYgKDJSybQ

The media is basically trying to do Trump's "blatant branding" idea, but America really doesn't need 'that' many fucking different media outlets.