pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: mech keyboards.png (968x642, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.cn/products/gbenjoypbt-black-on-white-with-icon-mods-159keys
kbdfans.cn/products/one-dye-subbed-keycap-set-104keys
kbdfans.cn/products/in-stockmaxkey-foundation-sa-keycaps-set
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3901
amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Keyboard-Copywriter-Programmer/dp/B076D6GJFY
s.aliexpress.com/VvaUfaA7?fromSns=Copy
kickstarter.com/projects/hexgears/hexgears-x-1-mechanical-keyboard
amazon.com/DareU-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Low-profile-Backlighting/dp/B078C8ZH7J
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for waiting for fixed box switches in the mail.

Attached: 1459233303029.gif (340x340, 148K)

I bought this overpriced keyboard and these overpriced keycaps. How crap was my purchase?

Attached: leaf80_and_vilebloom.png (2391x901, 1.89M)

Looks ok to me

Attached: varan.png (695x574, 563K)

I want a tenkeyless with floating keys, what are my options

Tomoko is like 25 bucks on amazon

Floating keys look like utter garbage, but here's an option: Input Club K-Type/Massdrop CTRL

Attached: 7CwZqWUSQybl09o8FJOL_AI7B6637%20copy%20page[1].jpg (955x637, 73K)

>floating keys are garbage
>implying

I have the teamwolf zhuque and it's very good. The hotswap feature makes it worth while, I went ahead and put BOX Navys on it, had 0 issues so far.

I picked up a Zhuque for trying different switches. It's perfect for that. I spent an afternoon soldering in white leds so it looks less shit.

Attached: 20180826_221006.jpg (1469x826, 466K)

Attached: bats.png (331x217, 152K)

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Attached: bourg.png (269x350, 179K)

looks gay

Attached: hipo.png (132x208, 59K)

is the mechanical keyboard meme finally over? can we let these shit threads rest forever and move onto better places like deskthority?

Attached: X083woZ.jpg (3264x2448, 549K)

keebs were a mistek

rate

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2048x1152, 510K)

First for using a mechanical keyboard to write a program to play gifs in a terminal

Attached: output.webm (504x540, 205K)

I just want the row stagger meme to slowly fade out.

looks gay

Attached: hipo.png (132x208, 70K)

Yes, and they are especially with high profile caps.

The duality of man

looks nic- wait, is that a skin for the Razer deathstalker?

It's a painted black widow iirc.

ice caps, yay or nay?

Attached: 1474_zoom_1512414690.jpg (1280x645, 232K)

Get mt3 caps if you want high profile PBT.

SA is a dumpster fire of a profile

Attached: EBBDC3CA-BC7F-4BA6-8D3E-7AD40D974696.jpg (3005x3005, 1.38M)

Just get Enjoypbt Black on White the next time it's available on KBDFans.

kbdfans.cn/products/gbenjoypbt-black-on-white-with-icon-mods-159keys

Attached: Enjoypbt_BoW_Preview[1].png (1920x888, 264K)

>Icon Mods
Disgusting

Your taste is trash. Shame there are no window keys though.

lol

>that at101w chad

I'm used to chiclet keyboards since I am on a laptop most of the time. I tried cherry switches at the store but long keys felt awkward.

Is there a mech keyboard for me? I heard there are low profile kbs coming out but I can barely find information on it. All I want is a short travel linear kb for gaming and casual typing $100 budget.

Attached: 1532715057184.jpg (3216x2136, 462K)

The thing is you'll get used to the longer profile. Get an OK mech for $30 and type on it for a couple of weeks to a month. Worst case you wasted $30 and if you got it off Amazon, you could even return it; but chances are you'll like it and then you can either stick with it or to full autism and spend $100+ on a quality one, or get new caps or something.

I'm only saying this because I was in your situation once. To give a straighter answer to your question, you should be looking at keyboards with kailh choc switches. Cherry is apparently in the process of making decent low profile switches as well but that's obviously at least a few months away.

>The thing is you'll get used to the longer profile

I don't think I'll get used to it I really gave the cherry mx a shot for like 15 minutes and my fingers kept snagging on other keys because of how tall they are. I feel like I have to take an extra willful action of raising my hands before pressing down again instead of gliding across the board.

Also I prefer the no numpad/TKL layout

I am just starting to get into mechanical keyboards and this is what I have so far. Not a fan on the keyboard base I have selected but it has a cherry mx brown switch so it's comfy. I still haven't bought the physical keyboard, did I do okay? Is there a better base out there that's wireless and doesn't look ugly?

-kbdfans.cn/products/one-dye-subbed-keycap-set-104keys
-kbdfans.cn/products/in-stockmaxkey-foundation-sa-keycaps-set
-mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3901

Attached: 2-__02.jpg (2028x1160, 399K)

>mixing profiles
why do people do this?
Now if you don't mind chink products you can get a wireless full size mechanical keyboard off amazon for 50 bucks
amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Keyboard-Copywriter-Programmer/dp/B076D6GJFY

Attached: dsag.png (457x380, 262K)

How do you use this?

Attached: mini_4100_cherry_keyboard_beige_large.jpg (1000x750, 83K)

with your hands

You are an awful person if you use a loud ass mechanical keyboard in an office.

I wanted a full SA profile setup but the keycaps I want wont come in until who knows when, so I can settle for the normal 104 key set until I get the same version but in SA in stock again.

Are LK Switches any good? Any of you had experience with them?

Do most of you still just go cherry?

cherry is outdated and overrated
get with the times gramps

Um, hello? I like, asked about LK Switches? You know, like, laser optic?

you also asked if most still go with cherry, and since I am the majority I answered your question.

Fair enough.

I kind of want RGB though, because I like to color code my hotkeys for certain software. Bearing that in mind, everywhere I look and ask recommends cherry.

I'm on the lookout for the same. I tried the HAVIT with the clicky switches and didn't like it enough to keep it. The sharkoon purewriter with reds is essentially what I'm after, but the only one I found that will ship to US doesn't have the US layout. Drevo Joyeuse seemed to be an all right fit, but then they seem off the market currently. I have been looking for PCBs to just make my own and come up short.

>really gave it a shot
>15 minutes

Attached: what.jpg (348x342, 37K)

Thoughts on the Ajazz AK60? I really like the aesthetics and it's the cheapest RGB Cherry keyboard I could find with dedicated media buttons.

Need a new keyboard with cherry switches, I've only used red till now but I'm sure I'll be fine with brown too...

Ajazz AK60 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry Brown Switch 110 keys White Backlight ABS material USB wired keyboard
s.aliexpress.com/VvaUfaA7?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Attached: images (41).jpg (652x470, 29K)

Cherry switches are terrible so it's not going to be a great board.

I've never owned a mechanical/expensive keyboard before. Are topre Leopolds worth it? I want tactile switches.
You guys say mx browns are atrocious. Other mx tactile switches don't seem to be much better either.
I've seen some people say topres are mushy. I don't want to pay 200 jewros if they're really just glorified membranes

you could try pic related, but it's currently in a kickstarter campaign and probably wont be available until November.
kickstarter.com/projects/hexgears/hexgears-x-1-mechanical-keyboard

Attached: 75addbbdb75d3e179caea120d4825e6f_original.jpg (1552x873, 182K)

I haven't been able to find too many PCBs for choc switches other than BFO 9000, dilly, and the low profile let's split; hopefully the Planck light will be available on olkb at some point but there are other similar ones available. if you don't want ortholinear, it might be hard to find a good one. don't know if this one is any good but it does have lp switches amazon.com/DareU-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Low-profile-Backlighting/dp/B078C8ZH7J

>Mechanical Keyboard General
So what the fuck is up with the mechanical keyboard meme? Why pay extra for something that doesn't offer anything extra compared to real keyboards?

Attached: spald.png (262x288, 169K)

Attached: 1542489213434598.jpg (252x256, 11K)

It looks good to include an entry level $80 mechanical keyboard in your handgun pictures, bet you didn't think of that benefit

No seriously, what's the point? I bought a normal 50€ kb 6 years ago, still works perfect and it has everything I could ever hope to have

redragon is like $20 on amazon

more for rgb or backlit version tho user

this looks like my ideal but $100 and waiting until november is just bs

why do you post this in every thread user

theres nothing wrong with cherry switches

Good thing I only use a quiet ass mechanical keyboard in my office :^)

>tfw typing on topre switches

Attached: 1530621737255.jpg (575x382, 42K)

your keyboard lags 25-40ms
my keyboard only cost $30 and lags 0.2ms

Post benchmarks for latency

Fuck off.
I've tried Gaterons too and cherry mx are much nicer.

Attached: P80828-035431.jpg (3008x3008, 1.57M)

There is a keyboard meet up in Frankfurt Germany on 3 November assuming that 3 November happens to be a Saturday. Wanna come?

Topre switches are smaller than that.

Kailh BOX switches are your best bet. Just try to get the thinner V2 stems.

Yay. They look delicious.
Centered legends do it for me.
What's the store?

Nice custom paint job.
The key caps are not appropriate unless you live in Japan.

This. Either hako royals (once they get restocked) or navies. Also royals if you want a sharper bump without a click. I'd suggest putting a heavier spring in them so you don't bottom out as much. Unless novelkeys or whoever releases some new stock switch which is just a heavier royal though that'd require buying two sets of box switches.

Unfortunately I live on the other side of the world. If you have a cute boipussy I'll come over

Attached: tenor.gif (480x270, 356K)

How much is reasonable for a model M in Britain?

What kind of model m

Standard
IBM, from 1989, ISO (but they all are unless imported I'm guessing), the standard layout whatever it's called (not a battleship nor an SSK or anything)

If it's in good condition and not missing anything then £50-60 will do

Is it just me, or are SA keys just way too fucking high, making them wobble and bend in all kinds of directions if you dont hit the key spot on?
I mean, I like the SA profile, but shit just is all wobbly.

Attached: 1534882173069.jpg (451x588, 45K)

don't buy shit switches like these.

Attached: wobble.webm (1920x1080, 826K)

Yes exactly this shit!! That's what I'm talking about.
How did you know?? (in my case it's jukebox SA)

I'll give you a hint
>it's not the keycaps

Good thing memeios haven't been as wobbly as that since before R4. If the other user wants more stability with SA caps, get kailh box switches.

I've put SA jukebox on a wasd v2 with mx blues. And they wobble like mad exactly like this. So it's the mx switch that's crap, or what??

>get kailh box switches
Are those really that much/noticably better?

SA make the switch wobble more pronounced. It's the switch not the caps

They are noticeably more stable, yes. They're not going to eliminate the wobble with SA caps though.

oh.. and you'd also suggest to try something like those kailh box switches?

yes MX based switch all wobble, some are just more pronounced then others. Box switches are much more stable and barely wobble at all with my mid-profile keycaps. I have some high profile keycaps coming in the mail next month (hopefully) and I want to test them out

>I have some high profile keycaps coming in the mail next month (hopefully)
Got in on dev/tty round 2 then? Should be less wobbly than SA, they are shorter after all.

So... the consensus is that MX keys are fucking shit?

are you just figuring this out now?

y..yes

Attached: hans-und-guck-in-die-luft.jpg (478x637, 22K)

Anyone going to join this Tokyo 2 drop? I like the ink case and the yellow cap looks nice.

looks gay

I'm no longer tempted by any of these custom metal boards since switching to an ergo board. Row stagger a shit.

Just how inferior are Kailhs compared to Cherries?

Also what do we think of Razer's proprietary switches?

The novelkeysXkailh switches are actually very good. But the normal kailh switches are absolute garbage that razer ended up ditching them for gretech