Calculator general. whats your favorite calculator? ive been using my dads old TI85 for something like 15 years now

calculator general. whats your favorite calculator? ive been using my dads old TI85 for something like 15 years now.

Attached: TI-85_v1.1.jpg (1278x1704, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hpcalc.org/hp48/pc/emulators/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>whats your favorite calculator?
HP48G series

If you weren't such a faggit, you'd already know that.

You can download an emulator for the HP48G here:
hpcalc.org/hp48/pc/emulators/

pic related

Attached: hp48g.jpg (480x960, 233K)

gets the job done

Attached: TI36.jpg (449x879, 79K)

calculator app

Attached: ios-calculator.jpg (270x480, 15K)

Perhaps I am a faggot, but srsly; Why on God's green earth would one emulate a calculator?

Attached: 1501565665990.png (500x522, 134K)

2nding this

THIS. I'm only allowed to use this or the Casio variant of this. It's so much god damn faster than using anything else, and a lot simpler too

TI-89 masterrace

Attached: 51Z936XXTVL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 21K)

TI-84+. It's everywhere

I really try a TI-92 or Voyage 200 though

kys
decent choice
meh
89 is nice
I need to try that RPN HP one

HP 12C. Going to pick up a Swiss Micros DM-15 for uni

it has all the options of a ti 84 if you turn it sideways

Perfect environment, easy programming, best unit conversions, and as many built in math functions as Mathematica or Matlab.

The 50g (successor to the 48g) was just discontinued and new ones go for several hundred bucks already. Soon they will be worth a grand. These calculators have serial ports, IR, and use RPN which is nicer for playing with numbers.

So glad summer’s almost over.

Attached: C4058752-D233-42D3-AE9A-0233C187D3A1.jpg (480x360, 37K)

>Be Texas Instruments
>bribe textbook publishers and school systems to design courses exclusively around your calculators for a few years in the 90s
>20 years later, still get to charge $100 for a graphing calculator that now costs $5 to make.

Attached: classtv.jpg (584x247, 133K)

this thing i've used tons of

Attached: CasioClassPad300.jpg (510x840, 311K)

that is why you buy them used.

what the fuck, i didnt know that

The HP50 is great but the buttons are shit.

Seconding. You used to be able to tell when engineers graduated by which model they had
> t. class of 1996

>You used to be able to tell when engineers graduated by which model they had
heh
When I started EE in 1993, most guys were still using the 48S(X)
It had one advantage, a more powerful infra red emitter, and you could get a program to use it as a TV remote control.
But for some shit, it was way slower than the G series.

Swiss Micros made a modern rebuild of the old HP42S. It's a beautiful instrument, incredibly high precision, and USB-capable for firmware updates and the like.

Attached: DM42.jpg (2048x1152, 269K)

And th display is great. It's always annoyed me, how TI calculators are the lowest quality ones on the market, and yet are some of the most expensive, yet people keep buying them. If you want to blow loads of money on a cakcukator, why not go for this instead?

Attached: DM42Plot.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

so if I use my mind am I emulating a calculator

They aren't the best but I'm willing to give up on the feel of the buttons because of how great it does everything. Btfo's every piece of shit (((ti))) has made

Looks nice, but when is their 48 clone coming out?

The G was faster. I recall you could replace the IR transmitter to get the range back. I've got SCHIP installed so I could run games... w00t.

Ti84 plus for best combo of specs and program compatability. Ti30xs best basic one

The worst HP buttons are better than the best Casio or TI buttons.

Attached: 363A6E90-5736-427A-AD2C-48D10B084866.jpg (211x237, 32K)

TI-84+

I didn't use my calculator a single time in my math+cs undergrad for anything other than basic operations (exponents, sin/cos/tan, multiplication/addition/etc). Bought $150 calculator for nothing.

All my profs made the tests so that the numbers were easy and really didn't need a calc. And any graphing was done on a desktop/laptop in a program like matlab.

Don't fall for the (((calculator))) meme

>TI-anything
>Ever
Worst benchmark results, highest price. Casio has better prices for equal performance, HP has better performing high end instruments. TI is literally high school geometry tier and not useful for anything besides basic math and cheating on high school math tests.

Because it's standardized which is the main advantage even in college