What's the best graphical decompression/unarchive program on Linux?

What's the best graphical decompression/unarchive program on Linux?

Attached: winzip-logo.jpg (300x300, 7K)

unar
7zip

file-roller or xarchiver

tar ;^)

p7zip with whatever graphical frontend your desktop environment integrates.

WinZip

wine+winrar

I don't use a desktop environment just openbox and tint2 (a desktop toolbar).

Ok so most of the Linux ones posted are command line only. I'm willing to do command line but would like the one that supports the most formats with the same syntax. What one(s) should I get?

>file-roller
gtk+3 pretty but confusing GUI
>xarchiver
gtk+2 less confusing but dated GUI

tar

or xarchiver

>best
>graphical
>Linux
Interesting concept.

>graphical
y tho

>can't drag rectangles to select files in file-roller/archive manager or xarchiver
thanks linux

dragging files to pcmanfm doesn't work in both either, at least on openbox. but in file-roller/archive manager at least i can drag more than one thing before i drop and it freezes

*xarchiver drag and drop works but you can only select one file/directory at a time

>While Archive Manager has the ability to use various formats (7z, rar, etc.) with the appropriate plugins, it doesn't give the option to compress using different levels of compression via GUI (High, Normal/Fast, etc.) unlike many other utilities. This can be set however using gconf-editor.

even why

PeaZip

Ark (KDE default) works fine.

this

>i want my shit as bloated as possible

protip: you don't need a graphical unarchiver to have a "rightclick > extract" option in your file manager
that's what most people actually want

-- also remember that "command line tool" doesn't necessarily mean you have to open a terminal and use it from there

It's just going to be some kind of wrapper for other tools with autodetection.

p7zip
And the terminal

this is why i like spacefm
mkdir "${fm_file%.*}"
7z x -o"${fm_file%.*}" "${fm_files[@]}"
rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty "${fm_file%.*}"

Attached: a.webm (546x420, 56K)

how the hell is 3 confusing

>on Linux
you mean GNU

you can have that in a script.sh in a zip.desktop you know

Hi gramps.

not him, but;
>scrollbars hidden until mouseover
>despise this, find a patch to keep them visible
>some programs put elements in the scrollbar space, not expecting them to stay visible
thanks, gnome

Ark

that's only a problem if either the window is not maximised and you don't have a scroll wheel

i don't maximize anything but games and videos, this is a desktop, not a phone
i have a scroll wheel, i rarely actually click on the scroll bar, but it's useful for feedback that a) there's more content off-screen, and b) approximately how much content is off-screen
even a thin indicator would be fine, but no, it disappears completely

here's a picture to demonstrate, it's not always obvious there's off-screen content if there's no scrollbar

Attached: a.png (486x427, 5K)

>it disappears completely
it doesn't
when you scroll with the wheel it shows up as a thin floating line

actually it shows up even if you only move the mouse pointer - no scrolling

it does, it doesn't disappear /permanently/, but when it goes away, it leaves nothing, it looks like there's no scrollbar at all
yes, it shows up on mouseover, but that doesn't solve the problem, am i expected to wave the mouse over every box to check what's in them each time?

Attached: a.webm (475x187, 47K)

a real example
tell me, at a glance, can you tell if there's more content in the the device and file lists than is visible?
if you look closely, you might notice the icons slightly cut off at the top, but what about the bottom? am i at the bottom of the lists?
can't tell? i'm not at the bottom of either. if i was expecting to see a new file show up, i would have to manually scroll down just to test if i can.

Attached: Untitled.png (1031x487, 92K)

Step aside, peasants.

Attached: 256px-Peazip_ico.svg.png (256x256, 16K)

it hides if no pointer input

>peezip

thanks, captain obvious, that's what i've been saying

but you always use the pointer

>graphical
Why? It just adds inconvenience.

1. no, i don't. i use the keyboard a lot in my file manager, for example
2. my pointer doesn't follow my eyes, this doesn't help me if i want to glance at a box or window to see if there's a change

>my pointer doesn't follow my eyes,

Attached: 1519945306588s.jpg (125x113, 2K)

you know what i mean

because it's faster to right click move the mouse one inch and click a second time, than it is to open a terminal, cd to your long-ass directory, and type tar -some-flags -some-password-full-of*^*!&%*& some-long-ass-filename-version-with-a-bunch-of-irrelevant-shit-and-version-numbers-13.5.2.1-kernel-23.2533.549.amd64.i786.ia64.[dvd-rip].iso.tar.gz.zip.omg.wft.bbq filename

pic related

Attached: 1.png (510x310, 6K)

not good design

couldn't you make a context button on a file manager to unrar,tar xf, etc.?

that's what i did

comes default with xfce

Attached: 2018-08-27-065808_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 208K)

>graphical decompression/unarchive program on Linux

Your console

The only good fucking answer in this whole fucking thread.