DVD is 21 years old

>DVD is 21 years old
>Blu-ray is 12 years old
>Ultra HD Blu-ray is too expensive
>horrible quality streaming is now the new norm

Attached: time.jpg (500x333, 45K)

> Blu-ray is 12 years old

Attached: image.jpg (243x266, 89K)

MPAA/RIAA figured out they could blame shitty practices on piracy and no one would care because consumers will eat any shit they are served. Eventually all consumer software will be sold "as a service" if it isn't free/spyware.

There's still a good market for physical media thanks to boomers. Although I don't know if UHDBD will last.

>it's been 20 years since Dr. Pavel invented the Hyper CD-ROM

Attached: US6970414-01.jpg (1707x2200, 233K)

i'm okay with streams. i actually had a big collection vhs tapes recorded straight from tv in the 80s and 90s. it's sure better than that

*sips*

Attached: 1530292750692.jpg (376x349, 22K)

Woah it feels like blu ray came out yesterday

You know, I had no idea that they had a ps4 until recently? I thought ps3 was the norm.

I'm sort've on board with streaming just cuz it makes it a hell of a lot easier to record all of it without anyone noticing, especially the free ones like UKTV where you just need to give them a fake id

How old are you?

You're the real hero on this board. Keep on truckin'.

There's already PS4 2.

>DVD is 21 years old
haha, dang
i remember the first time i watched a dvd over at my rich aunts place back when a dvd player cost over a grand

>PS4 2
that doesn't even make sense

he meant 2.0

Attached: 1512548416063.jpg (785x644, 51K)

you mean like psone/ps2 slim? they've always made those

I just looked it up it's called PS4 Pro and it has a new processor which allows 4k output or 60fps/1080p rendering for older games or whatever, it's a speed upgrade.

so it's more like a modern super gameboy

Super Gameboy was a cart for SNES

Audiophiles, videophiles and any other kind of *philes are your only hope of keeping physical media alive.

i'm not talking about it being an addon (per say), but rather how it offered enhanced playback of existing games in the form of being playable on a large display, and some games were designed with unique enhancements when played on it
sounds a lot like the ps4pro, no?

And people who don't want to lose their collection when the servers go down.

Here is to *philes and their terabytes of high quality localy stored media.

Attached: phile.png (190x300, 28K)

Dr Pavel, I'm CD-ROM

Id consider it more like the sega megadrives 32x except games that take advantage of the ps4 pro still work on the original ps4.

>horrible quality streaming is now the new norm
Streaming is the future.
You'll spend your life paying subscriptions to never own anything.
Each provider will have its own exclusive shows/movies.
And it's beautiful

Kek

blu-ray may be 12 year old but it's still great quality