/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: da1[1].png (540x295, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/YbdvD2
pcpartpicker.com/user/Ammeizing/saved/TcBLJx
pcpartpicker.com/list/X2NWJ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/crB4ZR
youtube.com/watch?v=ha2Dbu_EBT0
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1220628-REG/acer_um_jx1aa_001_predator_xb321hk_32_16_9.html
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1308751-REG/benq_pd3200u_32_led_monitor_3840x2160.html
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1350916-REG/lg_32mu99_w_32mu99w_32_4k_uhd.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/GTLjGG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you guys talk about mice and keyboards here? What would be the best bang for your buck for each?

Once a while we talk. I only ever use standard quality office mouses / keyboard, never use gaming / mechanical high end stuff.
My favorite mouse is the Logitech M100. Really cheap, classic.

But you need to know your needs. If you are always playing an mmo or games with multiple inputs, i would look for a cheap mouse with extra buttons for quick access.

I just want durable and standard stuff, no fancy shit I'm no pro-gamer
Are mechanical keyboards a meme?

Yes, they're a meme, get a Logitech K120.

>Are mechanical keyboards a meme?
Honestly, yes. I use a Corsair Strafe at home and a cheap $10 keyboard at work. They typically are higher quality, but it's something you have to actually try yourself to see if you like them. There's a ton of different switches and materials that affect the way a keyboard feels like. You may even like the feel of regular keyboards.

Is 16GB of RAM enough to run a linux distro VM for browsing at the same time as gaming on Win10?

HOLY SHIT BROS SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A QUICK ANSWER ON THIS BECAUSE I JUST ORDERED THE PSU

For this build
pcpartpicker.com/list/YbdvD2

Is the PSU I got good? Or should I follow what some dude on pcpart picker said and go for the
Corsair CX550M instead?

noctua makes the best coolers/fans don't @(You) me

only downside is their cheaper models have god fucking awful colors

Why people keep saying Vega 56 is the same as Vega 64 at gaming if the benchmarks all show Vega 64 is faster?

OK BROS SOME OTHER PERSON GAVE ME ANOTHER SUGGESTION

Corsair CXM (2015) Grey Label

So now I have these three to choose from and I don't know which one I should get help me bros.

The ultra expensive ones are. I picked up a cheaper Corsair kb with brown switches and I much prefer it to the regular kb I had before. I think it feels nicer to type on. So if you can find an affordable mech, I would go for it.

I dont know the brand well, but you would be trading 620W Bronze Certif. for a 550W Bronze certig, which is in my view a bad move.
You dont need more than 600-650W with your PC, but i dont know if a bronze certf can actually reach that.

which one?
(the price translates to 28 eur for anyone interested)

also, should I put on it windows too or just the two games and CAD sw I want to use?

Attached: Screenshot_20180827-103939.png (1080x1920, 334K)

I just got a new job which sucks ass because this is the best time to buy a 1080ti, but heres a build I want to do around January. Contrsutictive roasting welcomed.

I forgot to post the build like a new fag. pcpartpicker.com/user/Ammeizing/saved/TcBLJx

Still runs DOOM 2016 on High at about 50 fps. Thinking of going to the 900 or 1080 series when prices drop.

Attached: 1535352441239.png (485x161, 10K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/X2NWJ8
Is this decent budget allocation? I'll be using for gaming and it'll probably be on a 1440p display when I want to upgrade from 1080p. I know the 2080ti is a meme but I won't be ordering any of this until way after the benchmarks come out.

Best bang for your buck on mice is to get a really good one that's on sale.
Like I got a Naos 7000 for $37.

The better normally cheap mice are like Nixeuz and uh I guess Tecknet? Reddragon is another brand.

I don't know much about best value keyboards other than that corsair, logitech, razer, etc, are all massive rip offs and like no better than ones you can get for $20-$35 of "off-brands". I think Ducky and some others are good value but I can't recall the list. You can probably search and find some opinions of keyboard enthusiasts, similar to how you can look at rocketjumpninja for mice.

>Are mechanical keyboards a meme?
If you don't custom assemble it from hand-picked components customized for yourself, mostly yes.

CXM sucks. I wouldn't get any Corsair below TXM.

They are CLOCK-FOR-CLOCK the same. Vega64 shows higher in benchmarks because they aren't overclocked and the stock clocks are like +145Mhz mem and like +100Mhz core on Vega64s.
OC'd, you can see there is less than a 5% difference in fps than the liquid cooled Vega64 which uses a lot more power.

Even an RX580 would be a massive upgrade. It gets around 140fps on ultra settings in that game.

>I just got a new job which sucks ass because this is the best time to buy a 1080ti
Don't worry about it. You'll have cheap GPUs when 7nm comes.
>pcpartpicker.com/user/Ammeizing/saved/TcBLJx
>$2000 for a 7700k build
How do you fuck up this badly?

Attached: vega56 1440p oc.png (1820x665, 93K)

Depends what game and how much RAM you dedicate to the VM.

About to drop it on these parts, anything someone might recommend differently?

Back story, I have a Corsair case for a while, I had a 8700k and an Z370-E as well as a 1080 Strix, sold all three 6 months ago. So now I'm 100% set on the Maximus, will be getting $30 off for the 8700K and Maximus from Micro Center.

Not sure which AIO I should get, two fans or three fans? Too many versions of them, what one is the most quiet and efficient?

As for the ram, I'm not decided yet between 3000 c15 or 3200 c16, but I read it doesn't matter.

Also, am I retarded for buying the 1080 again? I got it for $560 six months ago, so at this price it doesn't matter to me.

pcpartpicker.com/list/crB4ZR

Thanks, looking to reserve at Microcenter and pickup tomorrow at the latest.

asrock b360m pro4 or gigabyte b360m ds3h?

>8700k
Has it been confirmed that you don't need to disable HT to secure them?
Microsoft released an update the past week that they said "mitigates" but doesn't "fix" the vulnerabilities. OpenBSG still has HT Disabled, as far as I'm aware.

>Also, am I retarded for buying the 1080 again? I got it for $560 six months ago, so at this price it doesn't matter to me.
If you already have a 1080, why are you buying another one?

>h100i
Definitely not this piece of shit. Get a 280mm if your case allows it.

pro4 I guess.

Can someone Photoshop Doom onto the monitor in OP's pic?

XB271HU or PG279Q? Which one has the better picture quality

provide pic and I'll do it

Any recommendations for SSD or can I just pick whatever is the cheapest? I'm thinking about ~500gb size.

Is 1050 ti good enough to emulate sexy PC 98 games

mbest is the only good monitor anything else is a trash

Yeah, someone can.

There should be comparison reviews of them. Afaik, PG279Q is the best as long as you don't get one with bad backlight bleed.

No, don't just pick the cheapest. Get something with 3D NAND. 3D SLC is best but 3D MLC is okay if it's significantly cheaper.

Uh even a 750Ti should be fine? A 1050Ti is about the performance of a 280X and massive overkill.

>Get something with 3D NAND. 3D SLC is best but 3D MLC is okay
How the fuck am I supposed to know that? No where it says if they're 3d nand or not.

When will 1070's go down in price already? It hurts me to have to pay 400€+ for a good 1070.

Attached: afriend.jpg (680x418, 89K)

Attached: Doom E3M8.png (1280x960, 219K)

I feel like 1070 is completely retarded right now that 1070ti exists.

>2200g and 2400g being shilled for gaming
they are literally shit-tier, as in G4560 + 1030 tier.

the G4560 can do 4k gaming easily, nothing shit about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ha2Dbu_EBT0

Attached: doom_screen.jpg (540x295, 148K)

>No where it says if they're 3d nand or not.
Yes it does say that somewhere.

Except the 2200G is better than a g4560+1030 while costing less.
$90 for 4 cores is all a lot of people can afford.

That should be the next OP image.

Thoughts on Duke 2080 from MSI? I'm thinking of getting it if 2080 performance matches or surpasses 1080ti

1070 ti is 50€ more expensive. I would much rather get an rx 580/gtx 1060 but they'll be obsolete in a couple of generations. 1070 will remain pretty good, similar to the 4 year old 970 that still does incredibly well.

I know that feel, but since the new gpu's are around €800+ I don't feel the prices will go down any more for the 10x0 gpu's

2200g is better perf for $ but not better performance than g4560 + 1030.

Looks like a slightly improved cooler on it than the current Duke. Looks like a triple fan Gaming X with a decent heatsink. But don't know for sure.
It's going to be +/- 1080Ti performance depending on whether the game supports async compute or not, but why would you pay 30% more money for +/- 5-10% performance? Makes no sense unless you have brain issues.

>citing comparisons off launch drivers

Yeah until Nvidia gimps Pascal drivers to sell their new snakeoil RTX cards. Better off looking for a sale or some deal on an RX580 and just upgrading when you actually need to do a 7nm or 5nm card in the near future.

>but since the new gpu's are around €800+ I don't feel the prices will go down any more for the 10x0 gpu's
They may not go down more than they currently are:

How are the Ryzen APUs for Loonix? Any Loonix pros here?

I'm aiming for 1440p, that's why I want to get a 1070. How good are rx 580's with noise, temperature and power consumption?
I understand that undervolting those GPUs lowers power consumption dramatically but they run a bit too hot for my taste. Don't know about the noise, though. My msi 1050 ti is silent at load. Is that achievable with an rx 580? I'm also considering a 75hz freesync monitor. Is the hassle of setting up an rx 580 worth it?

Should I get a 2200g now and upgrade to Zen 2 when gpu are also theoretically cheaper?

You need a recent kernel and distro. Otherwise fine.

Oh. If you're going for 1440p, then a 1070 with a 75hz Freesync IPS would make sense. Freesync namely because that's just what newer models almost always have included without paying more. You can adjust settings to keep at a constant 75fps.

I do do 2560x1600-2880x1800 on my RX580 in console port games on console quality settings otherwise at 60fps+, myself.
It requires some settings fiddling, but it's generally obvious what settings you set to. Like highest textures, high everything else, medium on post processing or something like that. Looks the same or better as maxed at 1080p pretty much as more pixels looks better than higher settings.
Less demanding games like Path of Exile, Dota2, etc, I just run maxed with 2x SMAA or 2x MSAA.

You should be well aware that maxed settings rarely looks better than the next step down other than texture resolution, and only exists to make the game run worse for benchmarks.
I'd suggest you do the same if you don't absolutely have to play maxed settings when possible on a 1070, and just wait for 7nm GPUs.

What level of noise are you gettting? What's the RPM of your GPU fans? How hot does it get?
I'm very fine with good performance but if it comes at the cost of noise and temperatures then I'm gonna have to rethink my GPU choice.

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1220628-REG/acer_um_jx1aa_001_predator_xb321hk_32_16_9.html
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1308751-REG/benq_pd3200u_32_led_monitor_3840x2160.html
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1350916-REG/lg_32mu99_w_32mu99w_32_4k_uhd.html

Which one should I pick? Any other options I should be considering? The Acer is atrociously ugly and I've seen enough negative reviews about monitors failing to make me a little worried. The BenQ seems like a pretty safe bet, but the LG also throws in HDR.

I want an upgrade from my current monitor which is 27" 1440p. My priorities are kind of split between good image quality and accuracy for photo editing vs having G-sync for games. I also don't really want a red and black edgy thing shitting up my living room, and adaptive sync can't be that crucial if I've lived without for so long. I'm not sure if HDR would really get much use or add that much either, so I'm kind of leaning towards the BenQ.

Hello lads, im currently theory crafting a build right now and need some advice on where i can shave off some money.

I already have the case and storage, it's just these parts im unsure about.

Is this overkill? Would a 2600/x bottlebeck a 1070/ti?Should I be using ryzen 5 or ryzen 7?

The goal is to eventually get 1440p @ 144hz.

Budget: 1500nzd ideal, 2k if im not poorfag
Currency: sheepshagging nzd

Thank

Attached: Screenshot_20180828-013158.jpg (1080x1920, 238K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/GTLjGG
Thoughts? im open to suggestions on monitors but it needs to fit in an 18x26 in. space.

>Is this overkill?
>The goal is to eventually get 1440p @ 144hz.
Don't listen to faggots saying 1070ti is overkill. A 1050 will be overkill for 1440p/144hz if you play at the absolute shit settings. My 1600/1080 doesn't consistently do 144hz with 1080/144 at ultra everything. It drops to sub 122hz-140hz 2 times out of 10. Lowest it got was 90hz.
tl;dr you're fine; try to get 3200mhz ram.

Just get a 2400G, imo. It hardly bottlenecks a 1080 if at all with decently fast RAM, so it surely won't bottleneck the ~$300 Navi GPU and you wouldn't need to upgrade CPU then.
4threads, on the other hand, would require you to upgrade CPU when you add a dGPU.

I have a Nitro+ Special Edition. GPU fan is generally either completely off even while gaming, or at 830rpm, which is one of the quieter fans in my case.
If it goes up to 1200-1300 RPM, I can hear it, but it doesn't do that with a 60fps cap. At a 75fps cap instead, I suspect it would get audible in some games. Max fan speed is like 2300RPM or something which is loud as fuck, but I haven't seen it go over 1300.
As far as heat, I don't know. 73-77C or so? Perfectly acceptable levels.

>My priorities are kind of split between good image quality and accuracy for photo editing vs having G-sync for games.
I'd go for more image quality, easily. There are plenty of Freesync monitors where you don't have to sacrifice between that choice as lots of production-aimed monitors are Freesync.
It's not like many games are capable of 144fps even if you have a $5000 build, so you may as well just get a 1440p 75hz monitor.

I wouldn't go the Gigabyte model of 1070Ti. They're strangely loud, despite being triple fan. The fans and heatsink are pretty small.
>Would a 2600/x bottlebeck a 1070/ti?
No. If you're gaming, just get the 2600 and OC it, or the 2600X.
Any game that'll reach 144fps on the 1070Ti, the 2600X will also drive to 144.

>73-77C or so?
>1200-1300 RPM
>At a 75fps cap instead, I suspect it would get audible in some games
Jeezus, man, it's worse than I thought.
my 1050 ti's fans rarely go over 1100rpm and even then they're practically silent. At 70 to 100% usage I can pull around 80 to 100+ fps with high setings in less demanding games, and the gpu stays at around 65 to 69 C MAX. Guess I'm gonna skip on the rx 580 namefriend.

Because a new 2080 costs about as much as 1080ti here

Guys i am going to buy a A 320M-HDV Motherboard and Seasonic 520W M12II Evo 80
there is additional 4 pin connector on mobo
question is, can i somehow connect these 4 pins to this power supply ?
what cable do i need ?
thank you
t. brainlet

I have an i5-6600k should I upgrade to an i7-8700k, or wait for the i7-9700? I have some friends trying to make me take the AMD leap, but I'm hesitant.

I have exactly 500 in company funds to expense it for some tech. What should I buy Jow Forums?

Attached: 1524706469914.jpg (334x334, 88K)

dragon dildo

Good idea, but I have to submit the receipt. I don't think that will go over well.

Attached: downloadfile-7.jpg (1920x1200, 976K)

>Nvidia price fixing is stronger here
Get used 1080Ti.

That PSU and basically ever other one from the past few years comes with a 4+4 pin connector. You just connect one of those 4 pins to it.
Also seriously get a b350 or b450, not a320 unless this is for your grandma. For personal use, the overclocking is big gains.

No one should get the 8700k due to the security vulnerabilities. Many researchers claim that Intel's HT must be disabled and is fundamentally broken.
You either wait for 9700k (8core with no HT) or get Ryzen which has a far more secure architecture.

A complete build? 2400G.
Just one item? Vega 56 or a nice ass HDR monitor.

Recently bought an Asus rog strix gl503 scar laptop. Going to upgrade the hdd. It already has a 256gb pci ssd, and a 1tb 5400 rpm. Which would be the better choice to upgrade? The pci to 1tb, or the hdd to an ssd 1tb? I use to computer as a working station and use ally handle files up to 30gb

My second monitor went out a bit ago so I need to replace. Any suggestions? Was looking at a second Acer Predator xb271hu, but was also think of getting some vertical stands up monitors for each side instead.

need decent wireless mouse for work/ light gaming, preferably around $20. What do you guys recommend?

Attached: FSF glory.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

Logitech M705 marathon mouse, or M720 triathlon for 10 more

it is for my grandma :D it will replace old Q9650 :D with 9600 GT

but seriously tho what kind of cable do i need to use ?
on pic rel are slots for motherboard (mb), 4x peripherial/sata
1x M/B and 4x CPU/pci-e
so i will need to use 6 pin to 4 pin, or 8 pin to 4 pin ?
thank you for patience

Attached: Ogga Booga where dat cable at.jpg (1300x780, 203K)

>tfw gfx card might be dying

what's the best brand of gfx cards ? ASUS, gigabyte etc ?

Attached: feels2.jpg (400x400, 26K)

What do you do and where do you work? How does one get to where you are, sir?

>256gb pci ssd
wtf?
Do you mean m.2 or minipci?
And is the 5400rpm one a 2.5"?
I'd wait until black friday and grab a

so if i understand correctly i will have a cable with one 4pin part of it hanging aside ?
my autism sense is tingling >:(
thanks anyway user

$700
Gaming, Streaming, Adobe Suite work

Help

I need some inspiration and ideas for an unironically 'glow in the dark nigger' themed build
>looks like a normal PC during day time
>glows like a glow in the dark nigger during night time
pics and parts recommendations are appreciated.

Attached: 1529822792633s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

nigger skic don't glow in dark so it will be very difficult to bulid this one
go to Jow Forums and ask about skin embalming methods maybe they will help you

I tried getting a used 1080ti and got scammed. So fuck buying used. All the niggers have mined too and try to sell them for 70% of retail. Fucking kikes over here selling everything for pennies less than original cost. Strix 1080 was going for 600 dollars here, and used ones were ln sale for no less than 480. This shit makes me so mad

Getting rgb and turning it off during daytime and turning on a weak white/green during night time is too hard?

Hey man, us kikes told you to not buy into crypto.

Yes. It's fucking 2018

where can i get a CRT monitor >=17 inches

I never even looked into mining. Doesn"t change that everyone and their mother in Norway got themselves a 6x1080ti Rig for dank mining and the GPU market is still fuckings shit

Kek. Strap some of that glow in the dark garbage all over it then, there are no parts that actually behave like that

Any idiot can buy rgb everything and do a normal boring build in shit tempered glass case on a shit ikea white desk, I'm aiming for something unique and cool with lots of modding and water cooling that will produce at least 40 keks, It's more of a fun diy project than just a pc build.

I was an idiot and bought a 4k TV a couple years ago for black friday. My pc is my home entertainment system. I have a 970 and was banking on the 20 series for an upgrade, but that doesn't look like a wise move at these prices.

Is it worth moving to a 1080ti now for 450-500? If turing sucks, will pascal prices rise again?

Is 27" big enough for a 4K monitor, or should I spend the extra money for a 32"?

Huh. I've been having trouble selling some 1070s for under $300 used here in the US. They're in good condition.

Ya 1080Ti for that is pretty worth it.
>will pascal prices rise again?
They might, once more people catch on to the new RTX series being awful value and that it's better off to buy pascal/polaris/vega.

Depends how close you like your monitor. Makes no difference other than that. 32" is the same as 27" when you put it further back. Simple trigonometry, right?

> That's nice and all but I don't really call it a computer anymore, it's more of an RGB system.

Attached: snib.jpg (1017x390, 91K)

>will pascal prices rise again?
Pascal isn't being produced anymore so most smart people are just waiting for 20 series benchmarks to determine if the next gen is worth getting. Eventually stock will run out and you'll see inflated prices like we did during mining but that could be weeks or months after turing actually releases since we don't know actual stock numbers (considering reports of vendors/OEM sending back GPUs).
>RGB headphones
This bothers me more than it should. Why would anyone even care if it's RGB when they literally can't see it?

Is it worth waiting until black friday to see if i can score a 1080, or just wait another 12 months?

I have a RX 570, so it's not awful, most stuff is FINE, but it'd be nice to be able to crank stuff up.

>noise, temperature and power consumption
All current AMD cards get btfoed by nvidia.

Attached: performanceperwatt.png (1001x843, 142K)

>most smart people are just waiting for 20 series benchmarks to determine if the next gen is worth getting
That's kind of what I want to do honestly. Allegedly 20 series shows more gains in 4k than in other areas. But I really can't drop $1300 on a GPU even if it is as good as chocolate heroin.

Since I'm buying used, my concern is that if turing sucks then a lot of the people who would have sold their 1080(ti) for a 2080(ti) might not, and that a number of buyers looking at mid range turing might look toward high end pascal instead. Less supply more demand essentially.

>When will 1070's go down in price already

when the 2070s roll out, so not anytime soon

What's a good cheapo mouse for around 20 bucks? Obviously I'm not gonna get a great mouse for that price, looking for the best quality/price ratio here

Imagine actually caring about power consumption.

>when the 2070s roll out
Which supposedly is in November.
>my concern is that if turing sucks then a lot of the people who would have sold their 1080(ti) for a 2080(ti) might not
That's my concern as well. I'm looking at the 2080/1080ti, but can't justify the 2080 unless Nvidia pulls some sort of magic performance for 1440p/4k out of no where for non DLSS/Raytracing games. No one is interested in $1200 CPUs for 1080p/60fps.

Still, I've got CF 390s so I can afford to wait until AMD's 7nm if Turing is a bust. If you don't have a good GPU right now then getting the 1080ti is probably going to be a massive upgrade for you anyway.

Watts=heat. You may not care about the extra $1 on your power bill, but the more watts something consumes the hotter it is. People do care about temps.

Attached: amdfanboy1235.png (653x726, 91K)

I'm rocking a 970, which isn't terrible, but can't really handle 4k in anything remotely demanding. Especially with the 3.5GB vram.

This is what I get for having a mid range budget with bleeding edge power demand.

Is 2400g even as good as 1050?

Extra $1 a month is actually pretty significant. If the average life of a GPU is 4 years you are talking ~$50 added to the cost.

Can someone recommend me an ATX Threadripper board? I'm currently looking at the Asrock Taichi