Is it time to replace Caps Lock?

Is it time to replace Caps Lock?

Attached: capslock.jpg (500x375, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

autohotkey.com/board/topic/13175-new-caps-lock-functionality/
autohotkey.com/board/topic/4310-capshift-slow-down-and-extend-the-caps-lock-key/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NO YOU STUPID FAGGOT

no fuck off my caps lock, I'm using it as an extra escape key

The fact that selecting text and hitting caps lock doesnt make the text all caps baffles me. This should have been programmed in a long time ago

My laptop has the super key where the caps lock normally is

Swap ctrl and caps lock. Bazinga, perfect keyboard

yes

Attached: X1Carbon.jpg (470x353, 122K)

Why
>Don't replace it, i'm using it for something else!
So you don't use it for caps lock? Why not replace caps lock then?
Who wants cruise control for cool after typing? Full caps is nice when you angrily type it, not afterwards
Meh

What about alt+tab as a replacement for caps lock? Just a random idea.

>What about alt+tab as a replacement for caps lock
That's ...actually not a terrible idea. I could see a lot of possibilities with that.

I think I'd rather have it be page up and page down

heresy

Shit looking keyboard.

RAGE LOCK the new key

IT JUST WORKS

I like having a useless shit key I can remap for input method switching.

Caps Lock is necessary, but it can be put somewhere less necessary on the keyboard desu

>replace
what did he mean by this

Caps lock is a button nobody uses on purpose but is often accidentally pressed and people's passwords don't work. They had to create extra features to login screens to warn you it's on. Better to just get rid of it. Maybe implement it to some shortcut like replacing alt+shift which changes the keyboard layout currently. That thing could require more buttons, people don't need to be able to change the layout in milliseconds.

WHAT IF I WANT TO WRITE LONG POSTS IN CAPS ONLY? HOLDING DOWN SHIT SLOWS MY TYPING ABILITY AND SAVING 2 SECONDS ON THIS COULD BE LIFE CHANGING.

Fuck off. I use it in programming for names of constants.

This. Page up/down is useful, as are end and home, but they're in really shitty spots so I rarely use them.

If anything, Capslock should be next to Home, then Scroll lock should be under Capslock.

swap caps lock with another ">" key

I use it on purpose

My keyboard doesn't have this problem.

Attached: roc-12-720-isku-760x450-1-100-000-1200x630.jpg (1064x630, 274K)

>these retarded monkeys who think using shift for caps is efficient
lol

REEEE I NEED MY CRUISE CONTROL

Attached: 220px-Cruise_control_Citroen_Xsara.jpg (220x165, 9K)

I use it as a keybinding in CSGO cant remember what for. I find it annoying light on keyboard comes on and off when I press it. what to disable that so might get big metallic sticker and stick over that part of keyboard and forget. wouldn't mind a way to turn capslock off in drivers some how but I imagine it could add latancy to keyboard so don't want to. SOME TIMES I TYPE LIKE THIS while playing csgo/bf4 but I don't mind.

BUT HOW WILL I SHITPOST WITHOUT A CAPS LOCK
HOLDING SHIFT FOR SEVERAL SENTENCES IS A CHORE

This.

cobol programmer detected. get off here gramps

can be done with AHK
check two examples from their forums
autohotkey.com/board/topic/13175-new-caps-lock-functionality/
autohotkey.com/board/topic/4310-capshift-slow-down-and-extend-the-caps-lock-key/

It's like the scroll lock key. It doesn't get used unless I need a recognized keybind that nothing normally uses.

caps lock is useless bloat

Attached: out.webm (954x926, 1.11M)

It would be great to have the Caps Lock remapped to changing the keyboard layout. I'm currently learning Hangul and that would make switching between the two languages way more convenient.

NO

Attached: pelvic paladin.jpg (600x706, 46K)