Android on x86_64 PCs

Why isn't this more popular? It's even open source.

Attached: file.png (850x618, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anbox.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you even want to run android on a PC to begin with?

We already have a botnet for x86, it's called Windows.

>emulator
>telemetry
no thanks

It's literally linux.

I've found a lot of apps crash or just refuse to run altogether.
Will be good when it's a bit more stable.

It's open source and everything is configurable anyway.

Linux had telemetry for years (ever wondered what those "do you want to send a crash report?" features work?). It's just that turbonerds only got triggered when Microsoft renamed their data collection to telemetry because neckbeards are stupid and don't undestand technology.

I wonder if there is a sailfish x86.
Because unlike android it doesnt run like shit.

I use Anbox
anbox.io/

Linux is a kernel. Some distros such as Ubuntu has crash reporting, true.

So, use literally any mainstream Linux distro instead of using an os designed for smartphones

That is litterally just ubuntu. And it could always be removed.
Maybe you can count debian in with that optional package reporter thing.
But unlike android its not like those collected anything crazy.

And that Android is open source and configurable anyway. Even if it had telemetry (which probably doesn't by default) it could be recompiled to not have it.

Android is the only linux that got "linux on the desktop" even close to quality though.

Regular linux just has "too many cooks" issues. It's why the kernel itself doesn't.

Android connects a lot to Google servers by default. I have Lineage OS without GAPPS on my phone but it's still been trying to send almost 1.5 GB to Google servers (which I block with AFWall+).

Android is mostly made for small devices that is held with your hand. The last time anyone tried marrying Android and x86_64 commercially was when Asus made a bunch of phones with Intel SoCs in them.

Yeah but why run buggy distros on the PC when there is Android? Only servers work well on linux if one is honest, barring small exceptions.

ay
Anbox is really good. But the snap installer isnt working.

>Android
>not buggy
pick one

Better for the 'desktop'. Linux would have a chance if most programmers worked on KDE or GNOME but it has way too many turbonerds forking yet another shitty "minimalistic" environment for their 64GB machine in order to have only a 64KB footprint.

>better for desktop
Desktop or not, Android is an absolute fuckfest filled not only with functional bugs but with security bugs. Check the CVE for the Linux Kernel itself and compare it with any non-Android distro. The only reason why the kernel itself has a fuckton more security issues is because of Android-specific bullshit that most distros just trim out.

Android is shit and always has been.

Because it's a pointless, worthless piece of shit is probably the likeliest reason.

so you can be part of the botnet even on your desktop

linux kernel with an os build for small touchscreen devices

Is there a way to run this in a VM that isn't shitty and slow? I'm on AMD so that further complicates things.

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 102K)

/thread