I have an old iPhone 4 and I want an app called Waze

I have an old iPhone 4 and I want an app called Waze.
Waze is a live traffic and routing app that notifies users of traffic alerts such as speed cameras, live traffic zones to avoid, road-side police and all that juicy stuff that I like to know about.

The appstore won't let me download it because I need to be running at least iOS 9 and I'm running iOS 7.1.2 because that's the highest update version for iPhone 4.
Can I bypass this restriction by jailbreaking this piece of shit? And if I do, will I retain full functionality? Will I go to all that effect just to have an even slower piece of shit iPhone?

Help me dodge the (((boys in blue))), Jow Forums

Attached: tfwtakumi.jpg (720x716, 29K)

Install gentoo

install gentoo

So as I understand, gentoo is a linux-based system.
If I install it, will I still be able to use my phone as a phone to make calls, use messenger, and all that?

Yea

They are trolling you, newfriend
Install gentoo is a Jow Forums meme

Don't know much about iphones, but i think you should look into sideloading waze with xcode.

jailbreak
install terminal
look up how to tamper the iOS version
install

oof looks like i need to install Jow Forums memes, gen two.

Probably no way around jailbreaking or even installing a completely new OS. I cannot into Apple products but isn't the warranty on that thing expired anyway? Which reasons do you have to exclude jb'ing from the start?

I will look into these.

As for you and you , do you know if jailbreaking will slow my phone down further? It's pretty bad already but I'm thinking if I install a version of jailbreak that's well older than iOS 7.1.2 then it'll bloat my phone less, and actually make it faster.
Of course, I'm entirely talking out of my ass so have at me.

>iPhone 4
How's that thing even running?

I discipline it nightly.
It usually takes a few attempts to get it to recognise original charger and charging cable anymore before it will accept charge.

Attached: 1513647934698.jpg (1000x799, 137K)

That thing is now.8 years, don't you think it's time to change it? I'm not for consumerism but you're being masochist at this point

The iPhone 4 is an obsolete piece of shit. Get the 4S. The 4S runs and supports iOS 9.3.5

no, just install some debloat tweaks from cydia

Just turn yourself in Tyrone, they’ll catch up to you eventually.

Get out redditfag

>4S
Dude my exgf had an almost up-to-date 5S and it ran like shit, seriously borderline unusable. Also an used 4 years old iPhone costs as much as a new midrange android.
Unless you buy last model (like the 7) and willingly drop more than what it's worth on it iPhones just aren't a good decision, especially for used ones

I don't know how the SE runs but if you find it at 200€ it might be worth something

The iPhone 4S is a tertiary device I still use, and it werks for what it does, maybe you had a faulty device, though I am interested in the iPhone SE, I like the small, slim form factor it has

Download it on your computer via iTunes. By doing that you'll add it to the bought section of the app store. it'll let you download the last compatible version. Waze might have stopped supporting that version though.
There's also a jailbreak tweak called Adowngrader that lets you download any version of the app.

(also downgrade to ios 6, it's much faster)

Attached: 9to5mac-App-Store-Download.jpg (600x640, 69K)

You must be 18 and have a triple-digit IQ to post here.

I don't know my dude. If it's the same as rooting an Android (which I think it is), then it's basically just giving yourself admin rights and allowing apps to be installed that are not in the store.

Consider how much stress does daily usage put on a device. Last week I turned on (just for curiosity) my old HTC Desire, it was a piece of shit but it seemed fast with no data or apps on it.
The 5S is a terrible phone nowadays for daily usage let alone older ones.
The SE might be a good option but I checked on Amazon, it's 280€. Given that it's 4" with subHD screen and very outdated specs you can't buy it, my MiA1 was 200€ and I even paid more than I should...