Did you know surge protectors become ineffective after a certain amount of usage?

Time to panic

Attached: file.png (499x499, 246K)

no, just use UPSs

And you don't know if it's already ineffective.

Attached: file.png (303x309, 123K)

Then it would kill the UPS which is more expensive than a PSU you stupid mongoloid.

The tranzorb is likely blown after a big surge. Spec it out and replace it.

Never used one in my 30 years of computing and never had a problem. But then again I don't live in India either.

How do you spec it out.

Citi boi detected.

Many areas in America and rich parts of Europe get issues from extreme weather. Not everyone lives in the middle of a city being pampered by state benefits like a common commie.

I love in rural Ohio and have never had this problem

That's literally Canada.

Nice try, no one lives in Ohio

Who do you love in rural Ohio, meth thots?

Read the markings and look it up.

>what's a UPS

Sure thing... Stop using low end UPSes. Anything that does not output a pure sine wave and doesn't do DC/DC is shit.

Nothing to do with city or countryside.
Lightning can also strike the grid (or cause interference to it) in a city, so can 3 second blackouts that UPS are perfect for.

I don't have enterprise UPSes connected up to everything because I'm worried about power loss for more than a few seconds, I have it so I don't have to mess with insurance or loose work/time if a weather related accident happens or if I'm watching a movie and the power should go out for two seconds (that might happen once every two or three years).
These days it's cheap to pick up a good UPS from a company sale and just swap out the battery. No excuse not to have one or several.

Just cause a power surge once in a while and find out yourself.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 24K)

I actually live in the countryside.

fuck off frogposters.

A brownout can damage your equipment - that's enough justification for an UPS.

I don't care because my cabin runs off solar.

Attached: 1534934159513.jpg (480x643, 54K)

I just use a plain surge protector, should I upgrade to a UPS?

Attached: PFoXimf.png (1607x892, 512K)

yes so buy new ones every so often with ones that have indicators.

it's worth it to invest both in surge protectors and quality UPSs if you live in an area with spotty power.
where i live is windy as fuck so i have some good surge protectors.

Attached: 20170109_051841.jpg (2592x1944, 542K)

Plug the ups into the surge protector or what?

No, plug electronics that don't need to be attached to a UPS into the surge protector. Don't daisy chain power strips.

Comfy

So monitor + PC?

and make sure to change out the batteries as needed

The "quality UPS" argument is inane. If - in this topic of damage in isolation - the point is better surge protection then UPS is not needed since you could get a "quality surge protector" instead which is in practice part of a UPS.

And none of these solve the issue that when protection circuitry is worn off, you don't know it for sure.

UPSs use the same MOVs that surge protectors use. Some of them are worse.

And therefore no one else anywhere does. Amazing logic!

It's better to use a UPS especially if you're using a desktop that can be broken by power interruptions. Also, even if you have a laptop, it's good to have one if you have a lot of AC-powered peripherals. It's good peace of mind.

>what are online upss

Attached: Ohio_Warning.png (604x375, 185K)

What should I be looking at when shopping for a ups? Any red flag shit to watch for?

can you put a surge protector before a multi socket?