The perfect laptop doesn't exi-

The perfect laptop doesn't exi-

Attached: pixelbook.png (1222x680, 177K)

>Using a toy operating system on a chincy macbook knock off.
No thanks.

Aside from the dongle debacle I rather enjoy my macbook pro and will not trade it for some crappy thing that only works if it is connected to the internet.

that looks fucking disgusting

wrong pic, ftfy

Attached: 1200px-ThinkPad_X220.jpg (1200x900, 149K)

Jewgle device with Goygle OS

is it possible to buy a cheap chromebook and putting linux on it?

yea that's what i did. running xubuntu on my samsung chromebook. there's an option to dual boot or rip off chromeOS altogether

Cool and stuff like openvpn is working?

thats a pretty spiffy x220 m8

good post

not thicc enough

>Not an XPS 15

Yes but get an Intel processor, not ARM

>acer chromebook 14

>lenovo

>stinkpad

Don't listen to this FBI agent, get arm so you don't have to deal with the Intel hw backdoors

I'm typing this on an x420s to confirm how THINKPADS ARE FUCKING TRASH

>os that is cloud bound to proprietary services owned by a company who is known to spy on its users
>overpriced facebook machine
>runs with backdoored and insecure CPU
>runs with proprietary and backdoored bios
>none ascii-standard keyboard layout
>ridiculously low disk space (due to the intended cloud bs)
>touch

garbage like any other notebook on the market

new xps 13

>not the i7

>I don't know how to reformat a computer: the post

>Chincy macbook knock off
>Only problem is an avoidable shitty operating system.
>Jow Forums, the post.

>macbook knockoff
The OS is pretty toyetic, but cool things are happening these days with ChromeOS and there's always Crouton.

But it's not at all designed like a MacBook. It's not a clamshell, it's got a good keyboard, and has a 3:2 screen than can fold 360.

I have an x220 and it's shit.

>X420S
Yeah sure

-st.

My nigga.

>360
When did this become a popular design. Convertible laptops are so much more industrious. I'd rather have a thicker laptop that can actually do shit.

nothing based off of gentoo is shitty. also, you can reformat a Chromebook, provided you have a triple digit IQ

I meant the operating system the chrome book comes with is avoidable and shitty. Calm down m8.

That's not a T430.

>"w-w-what I meant by that was..."
nice damage control. I really think you should go back.

This. 2-in-1s and touch screens as a whole are a complete fucking meme. Doesn't help that retards like LTT market it as a "productivity feature"

Attached: (You).png (300x250, 25K)

You're correct, it isn't. Thanks for noticing.

Suck it brah

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-27 16-36-37.png (987x412, 77K)

What's pike's opinion on this?

>he thinks arm doesn't have the governments arm up it's asshole

It's no RISC V but better than incel

It's bullshit on normal laptops, but on ultra thin portables it's actually pretty nice. I've used a few Chromebooks this way while giving some presentations and taking notes while walking around with the pen and it's not bad.

Meh. I like my laptops THICC anyways.

I got my thiccpad still, but the pixelbook has been nice for those times where I need to be untethered and mobile for hours but still have a keyboard that doesn't make me miss my t420 every press, but also a really pretty screen.

Plus while it's thin, it's got 90 degree edges, none of that clamshell shit I hate.

Gonna be a long fucking time until there's gonna be anything useful with that arch while at the same time rpi foundation built the compute module, which has the potential to promote arm even further so OEMS use them for other devices as well, such as laptops and so on. risc v seems like doa as much as i hate to say it

>Google
Opinion discarded

based and redpilled

>google
>hinge
no thanks

So cute

>shintel

ok

That's not a Libreboot X200, but it's close

>shintel

Based and redpilled

You know it can literally run docker containers with Linux on them with native windowing support?
It’s a nice dev machine now that I can run emacs, docker, IntelliJ, and whatever other tools

Is crostini that far already?

Had a Panasonic Let's Note. It was stolen.

>If I had not known such riches, I could live with being poor.

All the good stuff is only available in Japan.

Yeah and it’s gotten very stable in the past couple months. I’d switch to this as my full dev machine if it wasn’t so underpowered.
If google releases a chrome book with thunderbolt I’d be sold.

c-cute