Linux is FUCKING Shit, proof

get some söymale distro like arch/debian/gentoo/w/e
and the try finding your program in your glorified appstore you call 'package manager'.
>turns out your program is not in your appstore because no developer who respects himself is gonna put his software in 5000 different obscure ass app stores to get 2 downloads, for free.

then you go google your program.
>it's a .tar.gz format
>try opening & drag and drop to desktop
>cant do that in lelnux HEHE!
>click extract , specify path
>now there is no easy install, so you #open_up_a_terminal™ and hey, turns out you forgot the command to install tar shit
>so you google the command for the nth time
>find a reference on some obscure pajeet blog
>tar _xfvjfbfgz 'filepath'
>program fails to install due to multiple obscure dependencies, 50 of them
>you manually type each one out on a txt doc
>apt install dep1 dep2 dep3 dep4 ... dep N
>they dont finish installing because dependency#20 has other dependencies
>you give up
>switch to windows
>click download
>click install
>it works
true story btw.

Attached: 1535161975471.png (289x289, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nintendude/basedrecipegen
youtu.be/MbmiHnasGWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and your stupid penguin can go get fucked.

Attached: actually usable DE.png (1683x1054, 226K)

what did you try installing?

Can relate. Same as my experience with every distro I tried.

Attached: images.jpg (241x209, 11K)

How come these bait threads about Linux problems are always talking about some meme distro like Gentoo or Arch? Is Jow Forums indirectly telling me that Ubuntu just werks now? I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the info

cant remember but it was something from github

That's my experience with Ubuntu. It's one of the only things keeping me from switching to Linux

>>try opening & drag and drop to desktop
>>cant do that in lelnux HEHE!
works_on_my_machine.jpg

this happened to me in Ubuntu. my distro hop timeline:
>debian
>ubuntu
>mint
>manjaro
>back to ubuntu because it's as good as linux gets as a desktop OS
and every single one of them including ubuntu are all pieces of shit with shit smartphone lookin ass DEs by default.
switch to windows if you value your time and actually want to get work done.

only distro that supports this is Ubuntu ironically.

Attached: 1534721920411.png (400x400, 19K)

Off topic, but why is there such a meme about "söy" and why are people afraid of it?

>try to use thing
>this thing not for normie brainlets
>try to use it as if it is
>no idea what the fuck i'm doing
>should i RTFM nah just google it
>do thing wrong
well shit

Attached: 1528153508573.png (718x434, 204K)

>try to install miktex on RHEL7
>packages are ubuntu only
>ok it's compile time
>cmake is too old
>compile cmake
>gcc in repos is too old
>Install gcc7 from softwarecollections
>Internal gcc bug
>install gcc from source
>finally it compiles
Took me a day but who cares i'm getting paid.

saw your post on the other thread b4 it got killed xD

because söy turns men into söymales by producing pythoestrogens inside you, which turns you gay and makes you grow boobs. the jews say pythoestrogens dont do shit to humans because its plant estrogen, but they are lying yet again. do t ever trust jews

dumbo brainlet didnt bother reading. this exact thing has happened to anyone who tries to install shit thats not in the app store.

Attached: 1534187672271.jpg (1400x814, 299K)

>>so you google the command for the nth time
>>program fails to install due to multiple obscure dependencies, 50 of them
>>you manually type each one out on a txt doc
>>apt install dep1 dep2 dep3 dep4 ... dep N
>>they dont finish installing because dependency#20 has other dependencies
>>you give up
The absolute fucking state of Jow Forums.
No wonder Microjew keeps their monopoly if you represent the average PC user.

Attached: 1533752529944.jpg (480x360, 39K)

It was a real question, I used Ubuntu back in the day and had no problems whatsoever but quit because it was annoying to dual boot for games. Honestly, it sounds like you have way more patience than me if you tried all those distros.
I will probably try again once I can't cling to Windows 7 any more. I'm just suspicious that a lot of these stories are from retards considering they complain about stuff like not being able to figure out how to open a .tar.gz file

>dumbo brainlet didnt bother reading. this exact thing has happened to anyone who tries to install shit thats not in the app store.
And they can go fuck themself. Nobody cares.

>git clone github.com/nintendude/basedrecipegen
>cd basedrecipegen
>cat readme.md
>make
>./basedrecipegen

wow such difficulty OP

Attached: shurgy.jpg (554x439, 68K)

>go to find program
>find an executable on some pajeetware forum with 200 ads
>"please wait 20 seconds for your download to start"
>finally download
>run the executable
>pray its not malicious
>click through 20 pages of it asking to install adware
>finally installs the program
>have to wait 20 minutes for it to unpack the 30 dependenices of outdating libraries its carrying with it
>antivirus immediately stops you from running it
>check antivirus logs to see if the file appeared malicious
>"no but please buy premium"
>override and launch program
Wow Windows is so simple

>meanwhile on Arch Linux (aka the "hard" Linux)
>pacman -S program
>put in password and install it and all its dependencies
>doesnt show up? yaourt -S program
>downloads and installs all its dependencies

Literally only braindead retards think Linux is hard/worse

Attached: 1524982945338.png (1173x1500, 212K)

What on earth could he be trying to install that's not in a PPA, or in RPM Fusion, or the AUR, or SlackBuilds, or a fucking Portage overlay, or SOME kind of third-party repo? What kind of Github project doesn't list the dependencies? Probably wasn't even written with his distro in mind.

Oh, one of those threads again.

install something with dependencies you stupid nigger. even then windows is one click which installs the dependencies and the program for you while shitnux you gotta write an essay on the terminal and hope things dont break.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-23-12-26-06-427_org.mozilla.firefox.png (1080x1920, 310K)

no need to be racist user

too bad if you dont remember the program's name, or only partially remember it. your shitty package managers expect you to know program names by heart

Attached: 1533850985544.png (230x219, 7K)

I honestly have no idea. It's so rare to see any software that doesn't already have a package or a PPA or something. What obscure shit are these people trying to install? It's mystifying desu

What is AUR
What is Snap
What is Flatpak
What is Appimage
Get the fuck off back to wintoddler OS if you need your hands held, you fucking retarded cock slurping manchild.

darkboi
is that better than nigger for you r*dditor?

they are shitty restricted app stores. same as windows store. apple store. google play store. you are fucking dumb

Attached: 1535101857779.png (675x506, 490K)

Except that:

yaourt "package_name"

Search for the package, you then just insert the number from the list of results and you're done.

user, package managers tend to have a search function as well.

>switch to windows
>open up Internet Explorer
>Download another browser because IE is fucking dogshit
>Open that other browser once it's installed
>Open up search engine
>Search for "program windows" or "program win32"
>Navigate past the first page full of malware infected shit from cnet and friends
>Finally find the software I'm looking for
>Download it
>Install it
>Run it
>"Where the fuck is the very specific visual c++ dll i'm looking for did you forget to install it you fat fuck?"
>Open up search engine
>Search that specific msvcppXXX.dll verson
>Scroll past all the fucking malware again
>Finally find the msdn page download
>Download the installer
>Run it
>"Shit failed, here's a hex code, google it"
>Open up search engine
>Search the hex code
>Scroll past all the malware
>"Did you install the malware windows updates you fat fuck?"
>Open up Windows Update
>Enable updates
>Wait ten years for the utility to find all the updates
>Open up a search engine
>Search for "Windows version telemetry updates"
>Meticulously go through each version update ID and check it against known telemetry update IDs to make sure I'm not installing Microsoft brand malware
>Run the update
>Wait another ten years for shit to be fetched and installed
>Reboot
>It chews on updates before finally presenting me with my computer again
>Do this a couple times until the MSVC++ installer is sated
>Run the program I wanted to run again
>CTD
>Open an administrator command prompt
>Navigate to the directory the executable is in
>Run it
>CTD
>No errors printed to stdout because this is Windows and the command line is icky yucky gross

Attached: 1524354675711.jpg (1024x683, 151K)

>not being able to remember basic commands with extremely
Simple and self-explanatory flags
You’re a fucking retard, end of story.

I'm screen capping this. This is the true weakness of Linux.

idk dude, it's not like package managers, package manager GUIs, or even search engines provide the necessary functionality for helping you find the package you are looking for.

>Waaaaa resdicdib abb stur
In what way does any of those restrict you from installing off-repo cuckware, stupid fucking nigger?

Include me in your screenshot xD

>>it's a .tar.gz format
oh nice, a commonly used format. That's going to be an easy task!
>>cant do that in lelnux HEHE!
Works perfectly fine on ubuntu (tm)
>>click extract , specify path
good job, user!
>>now there is no easy install, so you #open_up_a_terminal™ and hey, turns out you forgot the command to install tar shit
Oh sorry, yuo mixed something up here. Tar is only the compression. You usually have to extract it and then "make && sudo make install" and you're done. It's that easy!
>>so you google the command for the nth time
>>find a reference on some obscure pajeet blog
>>tar _xfvjfbfgz 'filepath'
How do you know this blog is hosted by a pajeet?
>>program fails to install due to multiple obscure dependencies, 50 of them
Yes, I have to admit, sometimes this can be hard. Next time try to use a package manager!
>>you manually type each one out on a txt doc
>>apt install dep1 dep2 dep3 dep4 ... dep N
>>they dont finish installing because dependency#20 has other dependencies
apt-get should install all needed dependencies (of dependencies even). That's why we have package managers!
>>you give up
>>switch to windows
>>click download
>>click install
>>it works
Without installing Network, Graphics, Audio, Motherboard, Wifi drivers? What about a browser different than internet explorer? Apart from it running you have to install lots of stuff though, that's quite exhausting sometimes and takes hours and hours.
>true story btw.
Mine too :-)
You are welcome here! But maybe next time visit /sqt/. This is a specific thread for this kind of questions. Thank you!

Attached: bill-gates.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

Because all annoying collosal faggot beta males happen to drink s-o-y shit so hence many have accused the substance of causing limp wrist faggotry. Is it a symptom of weakness or the cause.

how was i ecxpected to know this yogurt lookin word, holy shit.

look how you refer to shit outside the app store. that says a lot about you, same sheep mentality as apple users who dont use anything thats not on the app store.

Sorry I hurt your feelings for not including your snowflake trash in the main repo.

>>downloads and installs all its dependencies
>using yaourt

NO PUT ME IN INSTEAD

>Posts extremely complex bullshit no normal person in thier right fucking mind should be expected to know, nor has time to learn.
'See how easy it is?'...

Sure thing you autistic dipshit.

you sheeple fuck. i clearly said in the OP that the program was not in the package manager. and of course ill try to extract it manually to see if there is an easy installer script inside the folder. way to ignore half the post to make a strawman and reply to it, the only one you are fooling is yourself. freetard.

Attached: 1535042554698.gif (500x384, 290K)

/thread
Just go back to windows, OP. No one cares if a subliterate winbabby leaves our user base.

Fuck off, we're full.

based, op nullified

Probably some shitty hackerman script for Kali written by Rajesh, can check it out on his YouTube channel don't forget to like share subsckripe teri maki chut benchod

It's not program developer who makes packages, it's repo maintainers. Do your part and contribute to the repository.
These are all good, I don't want pajeetware shitting all over the system.

for what? praise on some obscure IRC or a shit pedohaven forum? fuck outta here nigger

The logo is a retarded penguin, what did you expect?

based

cringe

Attached: 1534771664736.jpg (800x600, 58K)

This is tryhard if I ever seen it.

lmao debian has well over 50,000 packages scrub.

No. Just a clover pic anyway.

Attached: Screenshot_20180827-123827.png (1440x2560, 287K)

Op uses windows 10 becuase vista and xp are too difficult for the average consumer.

Attached: Me is thonking too stronk .jpg (400x400, 22K)

does that mean this should work?
pacman -S Microsoft Office 2016

Judging by Jow Forums 10 seems to be harder.

no but u can install le freetard libre office or open office! wow so much choice

XP was easy mode. 10 was actually harder.

Listen, pleb. Kindly leave this forum and never return.

Sinerely,

EVERYONE ON /G

Speak for yourself bitch. So of us want to see Linux improve.

windows xp is a literal just werks though. win10 you gotta do way too much on a fresh install to debloat it just like you would with ubuntu

Simply because this fucktard of a cunt doesn't know how to do anything remotely practical, doesn't mean Linux is bad.

The linux kernel gets updates (improvements in pleb) every week.

The fact that he decided to get a distro that isn't as user fucking friendly for a windows cuck, sure.

Have him install ZorinOS, or LinuxMint, the faggot still won't be able to unpack a single fucking archive, and compile from source.

What a load of fucking scrubs.

>learning a few words (commands) to better understand something you use daily is to much effort
the true power of the human brain

Hand holding is not improving. OP is of course making shit up, he can't even name the fucking software that he couldn't install in Linux but apoerently he has it installed in his windows system and conviniently forgot its name. Just another FUD thread brought to you by Microsoft.

you triggered little bitch, it seems like you only read the title and took a shit on your keyboard. i installed multiple distros as stated here

Attached: 1534771853330.gif (483x354, 356K)

And on top of that, you can't just type pacman -S libreoffice. They have separate packages for libreoffice-fresh and libreoffice-still (unstable and stable development branches).
For the seasoned command-line user who knows how to work with the search option, this is trivial, but to a convert from a more mainstream OS, it's unintuitive and clunky. People used to the old ways will greatly prefer sitting through the 20 second "plz wait for ur download" and potential adware just because they can be sure that they can graphically jewgle the commonly-understood, colloquial name for the product (not a hardcoded, case-sensitive, distro-specific one), and end up getting that program somehow in the end

Yeah, most likely a fucking panjeet, sitting in an office, eating and smelling like curry, creating fake posts. Good bait though.

Well I'm not OP but ARChon comes to mind.

Archon is dead.

Obviously you're a dumb cuck, and can't do anything remotely simple. For example, GOOGLING FOR YOUR FUCKING SOLUTION.

Lame ass cuck boy.

OOH, I need to install visual c++, wait, I gotta restart my PC, because I'm a microjew and I use an operating system based on a micro kernel. Every fucking thing I need to integrate into the kernel requires a reboot, oooh. SO fancy.

You're a silly little man child, most likely a basement dwelling neckbeard, who pretends to have a girlfriend, but actually receives violent sodomy, several times a day, from a bunch of aids infested niggers.

Shut the fuck up, and leave here forever, you stupid piece of human waste.

The fact that your uncle molested your mouth so freaking hard and left you brain damaged, doesn't mean that your opinion is valued here.

Fuck outta here, cuckboy.

Linux as a desktop OS is a fucking meme. There's a reason less than 3% of computer users run Linux. It's fucking garbage. Only autistic cuntstains actually want to have to deal with manually tweaking dozens of files just to get a relatively decent experience, with about 70% of the shit Windows does out of the box.

Also, I mentioned two very specific Linux Distros, that are actually pretty similar to your Microjew Windows. Go run them, filthy pleb.

cringe

Actually yes that's it. This entirely sums up the difference between windows and Linux.

Here we go.

Install BlueStacks for windows and run an Android app

Vs.

Install ARChon for any Linux distro and run an Android app.

Everyone can run BlueStacks...ARChon is a fucking nightmare!
>Inb4 'thats one obscure example' bullshit it's all like that

Based on your attitude, I've concluded only one thing today.

Hitler was right, and he did nothing wrong.

I like mint. Seems better than Ubuntu
Why don't more newbie start with mint.

>There's a reason less than 3% of computer users run Linux.
Windows became standard because of good marketing and business strategy. Linux is fine, it just didn't shoot first as an OS for daily desktop use.
Windows totally got its ass handed to Linux in the mobile space for the same reason : it didn't shoot first.
Desktop is destined to die anyway.

cd ~/Downloads
tar -xf program.tar.gz
cd program/
./configure
make
sudo make install

Done. That wasn't so hard.

Attached: dumb_cop.jpg (1280x720, 705K)

Archon is a dead project that never even was out for consumer use. It died as a beta too.
There are many applications that just won't work with the latest windows too.

>typing an essay vs clicking a script or an exe gui install
yeah no thanks

Is that what you call an essay?

Also, there are better ways to run Android apps on GNU/Linux too, which is why Archon is deprecated.
youtu.be/MbmiHnasGWg

>it didn't shoot first.
kys, they were just unlucky with mobile devices.
>2003
>touch screen
>office
>apps
>wifi
>good internet browser

Attached: smartphone.jpg (474x500, 58K)

>accidental typo
>have to retype again or press up and correcy typo & resend
>file is not allowed to be executed! pls go change file permissions
>google how to do it, result is on a pajeet blog
>finally begin install process
>it fails to install because dependencies
>give up
>switch to windows
>click installer.exe and press install
>it works

Attached: 1535163411861.jpg (680x695, 39K)

Nice self portrait but if you fuck up writing 'configure' or 'make' you should be banned from using computers.

>office
Yeah "office". Fuck off retarded zoomer.

oh shut up. you KNOW there are files with lots of numbers and additional letters in their filename due to devs being tards with version naming.

If you're that dumb you probably clicked the shiny green "DOWNLOAD" button and installed malware instead.
I also like how the only concrete example of a project where you need to install from source is a dead beta

>there are files with lots of numbers and additional letters
Bash has autocompletion, you low IQ baboon.

The fuck bullshit is that Incomprehensible bullshit you just had to type? More to the point how long did that obscure bullshit take to learn vs a mere click?

>zoomer
>caring for Office™
you're just writing random buzzwords, aren't you?

Is that not comprehensible to you?

>any theme that is not in the default distro's app store
>any program (thousands) which you want to run a later version of because the one in the app store is from 2004 because no one is being paid to maintain that shit, they just see 'oh we have x program, dont need to update it hehe'

Only zoomers don't know that it wasn't real office and only zoomers want office in a flip phone. Stupid zoomer.

Never heard of it. Archon comes up in searches.

There's that magic key which does this for you. It's the tab key

how to enable? why is this not enabled by default?

posting in a bait thread

>Never heard of it.
Not my problem. Now fuck off.

Fine goddamnit anbox vs blustacks. Can't make that shit work either!