ITT red flags for tech products

>its for gaming
>It has LEDs
>Shitty color scheme
>Sold by Apple

Attached: wizard.png (852x944, 70K)

>Normies buy it

>EULA includes a clause prohibiting you from publishing benchmarks

>You have to read the wiki to install it.

>shilled by Jow Forums

>exists

>made for professional gamers

>made for military grade gaming

>made for code artisans

*sensible chuckle*
stop bullying
>military grade gaming
There's no such thing.

>proprietary software

>Thinkpad

>its for gaming
>Sold by Apple
for sure
>It has LEDs
>Shitty color scheme
not really even if i too find LEDs abnoxious

Attached: saddsa.png (930x751, 222K)

*shots fired*
damn nigga

>military grade gaming
???

>uses aircraft/spacecraft materials

Attached: 1362264476138.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

>has more than 1 color

>>military grade gaming
>???

Attached: 1532907316178.jpg (620x549, 323K)

itoddlers will defend this

>it has gaming software that literally injects itself into a shitload of programs and operating system files

(hint: logitech and razer)

>being marketed as airplane grade aluminum
>aluminum enclosure being marketed as heat dissipating even though it has no vents or isn't direct contact with the components

>has a heat density close to a re-entry vehicle

Military are pretty heavy gamers in their downtime. Because there is fuckall else to do on most bases.

That said anything "military grade" is a scam. Military grade encryption is SHA-256. Military grade circuit boards are "whatever's cheapest". Most things the military uses break if you look at it too hard, they just happen to be fairly easy to repair as well.

>no drivers in mainline linux

It's popular.

Yet another point for intel gpus!

Attached: pc-gaming-masterrace-types_o_7098181[1].jpg (640x720, 380K)

>comes with Mcaffe preinstalled

And don't forget extremally overpriced.

Nonsense, $1500 is perfectly reasonable for a dell latitutde e5530

hey man you'll get a solid 3 years out of that laptop before it starts overheating every 30 minutes

> comes with anything other than the OS installed
> bundled with another tech product "for free"
> ultra-thin
> the whole chassis is of a bright color
> discounted Acer

If they spent too much money on making the housing look modern, sleek and beautiful over spending money on making sure the thing fucking cools properly. (Macs, modern HP laptops etc.)

Best buy

>runs Intel i9 and is thin

I have yet to see a single laptop that's not a portable desktop not throttling to the moon with an i9

>sold by razer

why in god's name would you buy a laptop with i9

heh, nothing personnel, kid

Attached: 1506878566114.jpg (1412x1346, 437K)

To be fair rgb has only one use for me :color temperature indicator.and only on AIO and 2 mbo leds

Especially true with laptops. The ones that advertise mil-spec certification only passes them for vibration, dust and temperature, and none of the important shit like drops and water and shit.

There is no military spec or certification for those things. There are third party certifications that the military relies on, but nothing military exclusive. If they really need something that can withstand a sandstorm during an underwater earthquake on the moon they use a Toughbook.

That's a pretty neat idea, I should do that too.

> it has EULA

>build around the community

Attached: 1192499512_f.jpg (500x376, 32K)

by some dead beat celebrity.

Yeah there are people this dumb out there.

its on amazon, ships from china

What the hell does that mean?
Are motherboard dust, explosive proof?

Attached: 5-a06e-2043962.png (428x366, 243K)

Like Lifelock, endorsed by a has-been talk show host and washed-up hacker.
Even worse, endorsed by an e-celeb.

>Military grade encryption is SHA-256.
you might want to look up what encryption is before you pretend to be educated
also you either never worked for the army or only worked some desk job where you got a 2002 PC for data entry
military grade shit might not be state of the art but it's supposed to last, we had a computer in the IT dept that was built specifically for storing sensitive data and that shit was literally unbreakable

>comes with proprietary software installed
>uses x86 processor/s
>has gamer shit like leds/windows/branding
>red

Don't act hard you fucking child.

The military used SHA-256 for military access cards as late as 2010 and currently uses the same 2048 bit encryption available to any jackass off the street.

>we had a computer in the IT dept that was built specifically for storing sensitive data and that shit was literally unbreakable
*drops it*
Oops, looks like your hard drive is dead.

>military grade shit might not be state of the art but it's supposed to last

I literally was not joking about the military paying $1500 for a low end dell latitude. I was a soldier for four years and I witnessed FOUR generations of laptops go through the company in that time. And they never upgraded mine. The bastards. In fact mine was permanently taken off the net for being "outdated" before I left.

And no, Bitlocker is not "unbreakable". Maybe they use fancier stuff for holy shit yankee white crap, but this discussion is about "military grade" consumer products, meaning that if the military does have some super secret algorithm they use, that ain't what you're buying.

WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING SECRET HARD DRIVES did the commander leave it in the back seat of the M113 again

Attached: 1531462990360.png (595x160, 23K)

>RGB

Wat?? Is this real??

Taiwan should be nuked

>LEDs (like on a keyboard or mice)
>requires an account for the driver
>has sharp turns in edges (such as like keyboards or mice)
>glossy screen
>"smart" anything

It was real. It was retracted in an update after the internet exploded about it.