Email without internet

Federal judge ruled that for now CAD files of 3d printed guns can not be uploaded to the internet, but can be sent by email, mail, etc

>can't be uploaded to the internet
>can be sent by email

hmmm. I don't fully seem to grasp this. Am I retarded?
Don't you upload them to the internet when you send them by mail?

Attached: Al Gore.png (701x80, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fosscad.org/fc/cad/
i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0482/30/1432966504615.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old people are dumbies

I'm guessing that the judge has created some distinction between "The Internet" where things are publicly available, and "E-mail" where it's private.

another law written by some old senile fartbag that doesn't know how the internet works

you're right, we should have let unemployed neckbeards who don't know how the internet works make the laws

>law
Judges don't write laws retard, that's the job of governments. Judges make rulings (or judgments) on cases based on their interpretation of the laws.

So basically, you can pass around 3D printed gun designed via sneakernet.

Friendly reminder that cyberpunk is now.

That's not necessarily a bad thing bro. If law makers actually understood the internet they could damage it more efficiently.

>Judge Robert Lasnik of the U.S. District Court in Seattle

Go fuck yourself Robert.
fosscad.org/fc/cad/

You absolute fucking idiots. By doing this, they'll limit the spread and it'll also be easier for them to pin-point whoever does this.

>securely transmitted
Soo can I post the picture which if saved as bmp and then opened in Winrar has the 3D printer files for that AR-15 illegal part thingy?
I'll have to find that though lol

>website doesn't let download nor doesn't host CAD files
>instead has a field "insert your burner email address here -->"
>server sends files to email address of your choosing
>receive CAD files

profit?

Why are we not euthanizing boomers?

Attached: 1531229058153.jpg (480x480, 19K)

That's actually an interesting question. I suspect that there's some precedent where sharing information on illegal things is also illegal.

>spend $1,000,000+ fighting the federal government in court
>reach a settlement

>just so one of the hundreds of other judges can extralegally stop you again after you won your other court case
>repeat ad infinitum until you're dead after 30 4-year-long lawsuits

thank you justice system!

the government is not corrupt!

muh checks and balances

US courts are basically Soviet kangaroo courts now.

>3D printed gun
any Jow Forums fag can tell us whether this shit is reliable and won't backfire on your face?

I don't see where user mentioned that the senile fartbag that wrote the law was a judge.

Well I've watched a few videos on cylinder heads made with 3D printers. They weren't very stong. But there must be some method to make strong and reliable weapons.
Or atleast they could work as extremely detailed blueprints

and here I thought he meant you could only email them on a private intranet, guess the judge genuinely is retarded.

E-mail is much much easier to be tracked than the world wide web. The NSA has been doing it for decades now.

As long as you don't print that out of some dumb shit like plastic or aluminium, you'll probably be fine.

It's about a judicial ruling, what else could user have been referring to? The only way user's post makes any kind of sense is if he misunderstands the role of judges.

yes

And that's the entire fucking reason they pulled this. But, nu-Jow Forums is filled with plebittors and underage eternal summerfags. See the first few replies.

Depends on the materials used. Cheap plastics will let you fire a round or two at best. High quality polymers could fire hundreds of rounds before breaking. And if you take a piece of steel and mill it out with one of these machines, it should function normally for years to come.

>easier for them to pin-point whoever does this.
You clearly don't understand how email works

>Soviet kangaroo

wtf

if it says post, you are free to do so, if it says upload, don't do that

>rename Child_Homing_Bullet.cad to *.txt
>bit flip, 7zip
>upload freely
Is this what they meant by "securely transmitted"?

no u

no, the gold standard is whether they catch you red handed, can be traced back to you or at least parallel constructed
if you successfully evaded all that, that's secure, you are free to publish it,

Look up "kangaroo court", retard.

Upload in this context obviously means publicly uploading a file for anyone to download. However, it would be simple for a company like Defense Distributed to simply email you a copy of the blueprints instead of putting them up for download. Same result, with the only possible drawback being the possibility of DD saving records of their customers/users and associated email addresses.

You're looking for this:
i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0482/30/1432966504615.png

But posting it here would be against Jow Forums global rule 17

So if I break the file down into multiple archived files. Then go to McDonald's with a burner phone and upload all those to some file sharing website and post links on a Mongolian Carpet Weaving Forum and then break the phone.
And also wipe all my drives. Will I be safe?

Without knowing the case in question, i have to make some assumptions.

But I think the distinction here is probably related to how guns are allowed to be distributed. You can't just give away guns on the street, but you CAN give them away in a private transaction. So as long as you control who you send it to, you're good. You could even post your email address on the internet and say "Hey if you want a 3d printable gun just ask".

if we made them judges would they still be unemployed?

No. They'll find the McDonalds security camera video from that day, see the one guy sitting around with his phone out for several hours without buying anything, plus security cameras from the surrounding businesses, to trace you using facial recognition software and/or your car's plate number. If you DO buy something make sure it's in cash otherwise they'll pull receipts from that day too.

It's sharing code we are talking about.

Cheap plastics with a cheap printer are likely to blow up in your face. "Expensive" but affordable printers with good plastics could afford several shots, maybe a dozen or two rounds before they break up. If you just have money to burn you could buy an SLS printer and use steel to print with and it will work just as well as most modern pistols, but for that price you could buy an arsenal of high end pistols and long guns and enough ammunition to outfit a SHTF bunker. At this point it only makes sense with economies of scale, i.e. someone makes a business out of 3D printing guns.

yeah i'm aware.

wouldn't printing make sense for the customization market more than the production market? EG: weeb wants animu themed safety, sights and grip to slap on his generic 9mm

>but for that price you could buy an arsenal of high end pistols and long guns and enough ammunition to outfit a SHTF bunker.
only if you live in freedum land though.

I've always like the idea of printing with wax and using that as a way to cast my own. That could be done with plastic too, just an extra step.

I think the confusion by the court is in the difference between the internet and the world wide web, which is a distinction I've even seen some people in the computer field still confuse. The web is a very large part of the internet but still just one component of it. Email is another part of the internet that predates the web.

"Welcome to 3dguns.com! Sign up to our newsletter to get your FREE AR-15 trigger!"
Easy as that.

That's the real strength of 3D printed/CNC'd/what-have-you guns. They will help bring gun rights back to the world at large.

put 9mm in it and it's of no harm

Wait.
I can invest in a machine that turns steel into guns for me?

I can get 100lbs of steel for like, $40. Can't I make and sell a fuckload of guns?

t. brainlet here

Attached: 1406952597773.png (615x585, 23K)

Email can be sent over your own private intranet you dumb homosexuals

but you can already build your own gun legally, you just cant sell it

Not in every part of the world.

>he doesn't know email predates the internet

There are fuckloads of licensing requirements and regulations involved, and upfront costs would be high. SLS printers are tens of thousands of dollars.

Seattle needs to burn.

Attached: image.jpg (257x387, 108K)

someone post the qr code.

>securely transmitted
sftp here we come!

I'm pretty sure this ruling wouldn't affect you distributing wolf-ear sight CAD files for your S&W.

Judges do make laws retard, common law is a thing.