What's your excuse

what's your excuse

Attached: 1518676006806.png (579x478, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_6809
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_casting
blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/
tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html
dsogaming.com/news/crackers-claim-that-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-causes-stuttering-issues-in-injustice-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Just buy it!™©®

Just buy it you stupid goy.

Attached: amdvsintel.jpg (810x587, 328K)

No reason to upgrade form a GTX1060.

I'm comfy playing all the modern games at Ultra settings, 60+ fps,1080p, on a nine year old, NINE FUCKING YEAR OLD 1st gen Lynnfield i7 , with the help of a cheaply bought Amd rx 470. ( I guess that the Nvidia 1050 ti or 1060 should be fine too!)

We do live in the fucking Jew timeline.

Attached: big_commodore-c64-repair-shop.jpg.ashx.jpg (960x682, 141K)

well a 2070 could have double the performance idiot. and only be 500$.

Or I can not spend $500 and continue playing the games I do at over 100fps on very high to max settings.

>kvech

Good consumerist sheep.

My excuse is having a perfectly good 1080 Ti. Yes, the 2080 Ti will be more powerful, but not by enough to justify the price to me.

The 1060 6 GB costs just over half of that, and is more than enough to play current games on high settings at 1080p60. Only reason I have a 1080 Ti and not a 1060 is because I wanted to go for the 1440p 144Hz meme.

meow

What is that hat?

Attached: 1501479123617.jpg (1136x640, 53K)

Being a cat is not an excuse. Think about how much better video catnip would be with RTX raytracing technology.

bump

Or birds flying in the sky , with weak reflections of forementioned sky on their feathers.

OR WE COULD SIMPLY TURN BACK TO BATTLEZONE OR STAR WARS COINOP RAYTRACED GAMES AND LIVE HAPPILY.

But then , a simple 6809 cpu should be able to process all that shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_6809

Attached: Star_wars_gameplay.png (317x315, 109K)

Life is short. How many months or years do you want to wait to enjoy a new experience? You can sit around twiddling your thumbs and hoping that an RTX 2080 gets cheaper, or you can enter the world of ray-tracing and high-speed, 4K gaming today and never look back. When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

there is no chance that i am spending £1200 on a GPU.

you can SLI 1080 ti's and still have change left over with that cost.

I blame AMD for being shit.

>enter the world of ray tracing

OG FUCK YOU. Literally.

I still have my Vectrex

Attached: jcdky.png (281x324, 85K)

>what's your excuse
I have dual 1080 Ti's. Do I really need this?

Attached: speccy.jpg (507x401, 54K)

i bought 1080ti for now. will see what happens next year with 7nm.

impressive. i was cpu bottlenecked in some games with my old overclocked 2600k. whats your secret, not playing ubishit?

Vector display isn't raytraced.

I'm currently still rocking a 980 Ti

Attached: DefiantMemorableKakapo.webm (1280x720, 842K)

I'm waiting for 7nm

Ok I'm on hold about to buy 2080ti or not to replace my both 1080s as a single card. I can get 400 for each so I can beat to pay just 400 for a new. Problem is no benchs until now.

Now about this fucking shill, see, rtx series is already a bad deal money wise. It's not even a question, it's a bad deal, unless you are in some position like mine and even so I have doubts to fork 400$. This guy is just a massive paid shill, who hasn't any background on tech and is basically a fucking kike

RTX technology is in its infancy. How much money do you want to spend to enjoy an experience that hasn't had long enough to be perfected? You can sit around playing perfectly fine at 1080p60 on your 1060, or you can enter the world of soft shadows at 1080p 30 fps for only $1200. When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have $1200?

Even with 1080sli I can't maintain 1440p 144 hz all times. I never bothered with 1080ti because it would be lower than 1080sli for all that I play. For someone with 1080ti already, it's probably useless.

I'm even considering going 1080ti sli if I manage to get it cheaper than 2080ti and benches are shit

But will that 2080ti really perform $400 worth better than your 1080 SLI setup? You're buying a card sight-unseen on the assumption that it will be better than your current TWO cards.

You probably gonna see a downgrade, well that on games that supports sli. The problem that bugs me is that several games have shitty sli support now.
I'm really tempted to get 1080ti sli instead of 2080ti.

Ray meme is just meme now, same as when tessellation came, you couldn't drive it properly with first gen, it was just too heavy and now it's trivial shit

>just buy, goy

I got a 1070ti that I bought on january.
Why should I upgrade it considering I run everything I need on my 1080p 60hz monitor?
Talk to me again in maybe 4 or 5 years when it starts becoming shit.

This
Still no reason to upgrade

That is the question. You know I'm waiting for a year for a new card that allows me to ditch sli, but this fishy gen Nvidia didn't even delivered stable drivers, so there aren't even leaks.

I'm not in a hurry, most games I have at least 120fps. Best scenario it's 50% over 2080ti, so it would mean 70-80% over a single 1080 and it would mean a good deal for me.
This is the first gen I look at every third board partner and they don't even know or can't say what boost clock they can have, its like all cards are around release and everything looks strange

When will be the best time to get a 10xx series card?
Black Friday? Or will they be out of stock by then?

There is zero reason for anyone running 60 fps, especially 1080p to upgrade. It's probably one the reasons they are pushing the Ray meme, since they really makes money on the wide sales of 060 and lower cards. 1060 is already a killer for 1080p, and if they delivery Ray meme in 1060 and lower it will be basically useless given the limited hardware.

>infancy.
lol.

YOU ARE COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_casting

Your brand new video card can do what simple 386-486 computational power could do in the early '90.

In a fast blazing way, obviously!

But all video cards can be optimized to do ray casting or ray tracing, with a proper set of drivers and the appropriate software.

I have a GTX 1070 and can run pretty much any game perfectly on my 1080p 144hz monitor.

Only time a game lags is when it's putting too much stress on my CPU.

IF you dont need a new GPU now , i'd wait for AMD the bring out there new GPU series which is ment to be next year , right now nvidia have no reson to sell cards at a good price to performance.

the best advice is if you have a 1000 series card , your fine , if not , a 2nd hand 1080 is an amazing deal.

JUST FUCKING BUY IT GOY

Attached: 33fps.png (595x724, 110K)

Nvida are claiming 50% performance over the 1000 series , and they will allways show there benchmarks in the best light.

theres no way in hell the prices of these cards are going to be worth buying over a 1070 - 1080.

My 290X is still able to play shit at 1080p ultra or 4K medium.

>being reasonable
JUST BUY IT
U
S
T

B
U
Y

I
T

there is going to be a 15% off on ebay tomorrow

Attached: BUY IT.jpg (395x624, 51K)

Raster will always, ALWAYS be faster.

I'd prefer to buy new, and if used off CL or somewhere I can test it first.

how old is that , i can never remeber amd's naming.

you can buy new from the evga page on ebay, probably the only decent deals on 1080 and 1080ti

Dunno, lol.
My Pc is a fucking Frankenstein's monster.
Just have a p7p55lx asus mobo,the i7 860, 24 gb of 1600mhz ddr3 ram(quite overkill, but a really cheap buy in 2015).
Then the rx 470 8 gb last year.

The funniest and saddest thing? i had UNDERVOLT and UNDERCLOCK it to get it working on my pc. PSU or Mobo issues i guess,but i still have 60 fps in most games at ultra, what a fucking surprise.
(except the witcher 3, i only get around 30-40 fps in ultra mode at 1080 p.)

Attached: oh well.jpg (775x552, 84K)

Need better monitors. My 1070 easily plays 3x 1200p60.

Is the game optimised yet?

I did read Shoah of the Tomb Raider

What's a good monitor for 1440p? I read that the PG279Q and XB271HU use AHVA panels and not IPS.

blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/

IPS has the best picture quality (doesn't matter much if you aren't into video editing or graphic design).
VA is halfway between TN and IPS in terms of performance and picture quality.
TN is the fastest but also has the worst picture quality.

REAL TIME raytracing in games is in its infancy. RTX is a new API Nvidia is just introducing. The industry may not even stick with it. DX13 could come along with a different, incompatible implementation of raytracing that 20xx series cards will never do.

2nm chips are just around the corner, gonna wait this gen out

I'll stop bitch about the price when Nvidia shows what kind of profit margins it's making off its RTX GPUs.

If they're making back 150% of what they spent or less per GPU then the pricing is fair. Profit margin reports should take into account bulk discounts and not just the prices of single units of material (eg. capacitors, VRAM chips, etc.) as those will always be higher than average and we know your costs are lower than that.

5nm will probably be the end for a while.

Pg279q is ips

I appreciate your attempt at being a comedic shill, the laughs were not lost on me.

>pay what we demand or be left in the dust, goy!!!

Attached: 1525125315360.jpg (542x537, 44K)

Lel make your games more fag (tm)

That's unironically life fampai unless you're a NEET or a commie living on gibs.

I always think there's an upgrade rule, something like:

>Is your GPU enough for what you use?
Don't upgrade.

>Your GPU shit the bed?
Upgrade to what your budget allow.

>It's just "fine"?
Don't upgrade unless there's a hardware limit on your current GPU (Dx/OpenGL/Vulkan version limited) or a huge benefit doing so (more than 30~40% consumption diference).

IPS fucking matters
my brother uses a TN panel and games look shit, it looks grey and blurry, just a sad sack of shit display. Horrible nightmare stuff, if a guy uses TN I know he's a retard with defective eyes.

The BOM will always be far less than the price. You're paying toward the development cost, the building and maintenance of the fab, etc.

I've had good TN and bad TN. The good ones look almost as good as IPS if you don't pixel peep, in which case you see uglies like dithering and certain repeated patterns that flicker when displayed. But under normal use you get bright colors and dark blacks, at least when you view it head on.

I viewed it head on and the corners all look grey, can't see shit unless you crane your head around the display. Web surfing was the worst, it's just the oddest display tech I've ever seen.

Surely they have SOME idea of their R&D costs and can at least factor in an estimate of their profit margins.

Either you got a crap TN, or you're sticking your face right up in it. Many IPS monitors are light at the corners if viewed from too close too.

I viewed it from the same distance as my U2312HM, the TN monitor is LG 24GM79G-B. There's just no coming close to IPS displays from a TN.

I'm not saying it's the same. IPS will always look better. But TN can look pretty good; it doesn't have to always look washed out and dull.

I have a "gaming" laptop that I do everything with. I just graduated and started a software engineering job so I got money to get a pc. Are the prices of the 1080 /1080ti going to drop soon? There is no real rush for me to buy a pc but if its probably going to drop I dont mind waiting a few months and if it doesnt then I will just buy now.

Attached: 1528850383829.png (585x454, 412K)

Probably not, they're already the lowest they've been in like a year. 2000 series is purposefully priced higher than 1000 series so they don't have to lower MSRP on old cards. Vega is still a bit overpriced so Nvidia has zero competition in the high end. Best bet is buying used.

I have a 965 extreme from 2009 on a dx58so, would really love to upgrade it with 24GB triple channel RAM and get a decent gfx to play Witcher 3 on max settings.

bump

I don't like modern games.

>Etymology
>From Yiddish קוועטשן (kvetshn) (literally, "to squeeze, pinch"), from Middle High German quetschen (“crush, press”).
I wonder who could be behind this post

get a 6-core xeon and sell the 965 for twice as much

Just buy it™

It's easy to side with AMD over intel because AMD actually has something better
It's difficult to side with AMD over Nvidia because AMD does not have anything even close to better

Attached: 1529196843531.jpg (1440x1080, 235K)

You do all realize this is satire right? If you passed high school English you'd know

I'll consider it when they support my OS

Really?

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html

>Just Buy It: Why Nvidia RTX GPUs Are Worth the Money
>these price-panicked pundits don't understand is that there's value in being an early adopter
>you won't want to settle for last-gen technology
>you're going to be stuck with technology that looks much more outdated in 2019 and 2020
>ray tracing is a big deal, because it makes games look and feel much more life-like
>when you pay a premium for cutting-edge components, you're also buying time, time to enjoy experiences.
>Life is short.
>How many months or years do you want to wait to enjoy a new experience?
>You can sit around twiddling your thumbs and hoping that an RTX 2080 gets cheaper, or you can enter the world of ray-tracing and high-speed, 4K gaming today and never look back.
>When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

This just makes Nvidia seem desperate

>a 2nd hand 1080 is an amazing deal
Only if you can guarantee that it wasn't used by a shitcoiner.

dsogaming.com/news/crackers-claim-that-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-causes-stuttering-issues-in-injustice-2/

this sounds like /v/edditor trying to COPE because he was diagnosed with something terminal

I bought a new 1080ti for $599 last week. It was the lowest I saw but it's probably been lower than that at times

nvidia wins again

Attached: 1513640836499.jpg (875x369, 43K)

I have a 1070Ti that I'm still perfectly happy with.

I don't need it

Holy shit are you me? Apart for the ram its exactly my build, but i get bottlenecked as fuck, and stuff Like fo4 is stuck on 10 fps. Maybe is the ram.

>>How many months or years do you want to wait to enjoy a new experience?
This sounds like a druggie.

>what's your excuse
too smart

I get these references

>doubt

>VA is halfway between TN and IPS in terms of performance and picture quality.
objectively false, unless you're a /tv/ fag who wants wide angles, VA has superior colors to IPS. Also no glow shit.