Why is Angular 6 so hated?

Is it because you actually need to be competent to use it?

Attached: 1527060146977.jpg (800x445, 23K)

Because brainlets can't into design patterns and clean code, they would rather ignore 40+ years of industry experience and slap up some react shit so it can "just work"

this so much

NGS s faggotry

Learn to program. All of you.

Attached: 6360B681-4BEA-4C63-B374-75594D03E378.gif (245x225, 690K)

You know frameworks are supposed to reduce complexity, not create more right?

Angular and the like are for giant web applications managed by several coders needing a unified code base.

As a single developer/freelancer, using Angular is doing a disservice to yourself.

angular job pays a lot though

Plumbing pays a lot too. I know which shitheap I'd rather shovel.

Isn't it because of the transition from AngularJS to Angular 2+?

Basically these two and the general misconception on what Angular is.

I have to argue with my boss several times to not use themeforrest (long story) and not downloading more plugins to solve every single little thing. Everytime we talk about a solution their first answer is why not find a library to accomplish that. But I digress.

Back to topic, yes, Angular has a very steep learning curve (compared to other frameworks) and a lot of standards you have to adhere to. The "it just works" mentality that is so pervasive in webdev world makes Angular a less popular choice. Good for weeding out pajeeets and ching chongs though.

>Why must I create a service just to store a variable??
>Why do you need to so much time just to design a "simple" nav bar with a home page???
>Why do I need to separate my html and typescript code into two separate files??
>Why so many boilerplate code just to achieve one simple thing???
>Why can't I use jQuery???

Attached: 1520037689878.png (762x754, 61K)

>I have to argue with my boss several times to not use themeforrest (long story)
Do elaborate

People with existing angular codebases are pissed that they practically have to rewrite all their shit to move to the new version. Doesn't help that suits makes retarded decisions on technology and will try to make their old shit run long after support is pulled.

Attached: 1417952126029.gif (274x200, 361K)

TLDR:
>ok user, i want you to redesign everything and build a new front end system from the ground up cause our current system is slow
>ok
>the new system must be fast, responsive, work in mobile, must have several themes, consistent, and well, must be fast
>shit, i better demand a raise when all of this is over
>two jobs roll into one
>i said ok
>you need to use themeforrest
>uh why?
>cause it just works
>also it look nice
>see, it has colourful charts and everything
>totally fit with our requirements
>and the author says its "Angular compatible" so it will totally work!!!
>and you don't need to redesign stuff so we can save a lot of time by using themeforrest
>i have a bad feeling about this...
>i said ok, I will look into it, not promising anything
>so i check its documentation
>made with jQuery
>uses Bootstrap and Angular Material
>and other libraries to make it work
>$5
>they charged $5 for something that is free with a new paint job
>realised this is a scam
>explain to boss
>he doesn't buy it
>force me to download it
>its >300MB
>wth
>raising a lot of alarms
>check its code
>...
>jQuery
>check documentation again on how to use it
>documentation is utter dog shit
>nevermind, ask boss how to use it
>we just delete stuff and make it work
>wth
>i have enough
>i tried to reason with him that Angular Material can do everything while being actually Angular at its core and not just Angular "compatible"
>boss not convinced
>but gives me the greenlight to proceed as I wish
>boss still thinks themeforrest will be better and faster to develop
>despite the current system is using themeforrest and it looks like dogshit
>and fulfill none of the initial requirements
>the irony
>It just works

Of course, I left out a lot of details here and there to make it less ranty. Personally, I feel convincing people on why Angular is good for doing what it does is way more harder than learning and developing using Angular itself.

why don't you apply to Google?

Jesus, I thought Angular was on version 4.
How is the older version compatibility?

Cause I am a brainlet.

the front end role interview is significantly easier, just reply to the linkedin mail next time

>google
>backwards compatibility
that's a good one

Is this true? Can you move into backend roles from there?

I am still new. Just got a remote job(permanent) for around 5 months now. I don't think I can get into google currently.

No it's because an single shitty webpage is 150mb. Also the syntax is horrible

Holy fuck there's an angular 6???
I'm glad I switched to vue and react when those breaking changes between release candidates of angular 2 happened.

Maybe its because they keep making things not backwards compatible ? do you think its fair to have to change thousands of lines of code every 6 months just because they feel like it ? thats angular for you

I really like angular and typescript.
Yes: Even a simple webpage will consist of a gorillion files, but building for prod bundles everything down into a handful files which are under 1MB.
It's harder for noobs, but nice and easy for devs who know about design patterns.

We decided to jump from asp.net mvc to angularjs when it was on version 1.4 i think.
I hated mvc and i hated angularjs, but angular 2 changed everything and now I love it.

yes, you get mostly string questions. internal mobility at google is easy.