I'm so glad I bought this uninterruptible power supply

>I'm so glad I bought this uninterruptible power supply.

Attached: pic.jpg (633x640, 47K)

>live in a shit country with unstable power supply

>user, now that you're up, can you help me install an optical drive in my new computer

Attached: 1531032245531.png (1876x1200, 83K)

>nonboomer detected
It's called a "CD drive" kid

CD-ROM, summerfag.

The power you receive from the telephone pole isn't consistent. The subtle flux in power delivery to your home will wreck all of your electronics over time. That's why a UPS is good because it delivers a consistent wave of power.

picture story time yay

it was an storm of proportions phenomenal

I was around back when you used CDRWin to burn $4 a pop 650mb CD-Rs. It was 'CD drive' or 'CD writer'.

Nah it was always cdrom mate, you're just too young to remember.
When burner came out they were called cd burners (or DVD burners) no ever said 'writer'

Ok boomer I'll just keep using my laptop.

>When you're older than boomers and ppl say I don't browse Jow Forums anymore.

Attached: boomer01.png (1200x1200, 2.2M)

>telephone pole
>power lines above ground
We don't have that in first world countries, Rajesh.

This. I live in Israel where power goes out in the summer because everyone turns on their air conditioners, and power goes out in the winter because everyone turns on their heating (over 90% of households heat with electricity). I actually counted how many times the power went out this year and it was around 20 to 25.
Thw annoying this is, the power rarely goes out completely. Most of the time it starts as a stuttering (on, off, on, off) and it ruins electric devices. I have a UPS for my PC and a surge protector (forces power to stay off during unstable moments) for other important devices

Attached: 1408310391919.png (267x320, 22K)

>Jews literally jew themselves out of electricity
kek.
Seriously though, put some fucking solar panels and wind turbines and the negev and get some large battery storage, boom sorted.
Make Palestinian Authority pay for it, double sorted.

>(over 90% of households heat with electricity)
If someone in a Jow Forums joke thread would meme about jews being afraid to use gas and that's why they heat with electricity I'd probably giggle. But this is fucking stupid.

where do you live? i live in beersheva and literally had my power go out maybe once the past 2 years

I ended up getting a UPS because I was tired of white knuckling bios flashes as often as people get drunk and knock down a telephone pole around here.

you guys really have those palestinians working hard? Have you managed to take their electricity production too?

For the locale it's the most efficient way.
Using gas only be useful for 2-3 months of the year and it doesn't actually get that cold.
We have similar locales in Australia, reverse-cycle heat pumps are literally the best option.

Israel just needs to sort their grid out.

No, they just have to stop kvetching and put taxpayer money to good use.

Lower Galilee. Maybe we have it worse here because we are in the middle of nowhere, but I had many power outs in Haifa when I was studying there too.
This. Too much of our money goes to pay for Orthodox Jews to study the bible and for fanatic settlers to steal lands in the west bank.

I live in Germany, am 29 and have experienced two blackouts in my entire life.