Check email

>check email
>no reply from interview

Attached: 1533349093826.png (598x566, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dwtunnel.com/employment.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=-AXfWFYUX58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're allowed to follow up in a reasonable time

like if you havent heard back in a week you can call

>hello, user anonymouse here, I interviewed last week, im sure is very busy but by any chance has there been time to consider me for the position?

>not getting the "you're hired" straight away
lol kys

what job?

you know that they DON'T have to let you know they rejected you, right?

apply for more jobs neet loser

Checking email? Isn't this something your phone does automatically in the background?

This is true.

But also doing this can make them more likely to pick you. A bit of follow-up is good, as long as you aren't calling immediately or repeatedly it shows that you are enthusiastic about the position and could put you ahead of other candidates.

>he doesn't send a thank you email after an interview
Hahahahahaha

>be me
>get a master's degree in operations research
>start looking for jobs
>a lot of OR jobs want a PhD
>apply for the ones that don't
>couldn't get past HR
wtf am i doing wrong?

It could be worse. I applied for an entry level job at a small IT startup and the manager changed the conversation in our interview and asked me if I'd quickly take his car for a carwash and pickup his suit from the dry cleaners and naive me thought it was a test and done it. By the time I got back he was gone and was told by his assistant to leave keys and suit in his office. Later that night at 11pm he called me and asked me to take his suit to the dry cleaners then on Saturday asked me to come duck hunting with him and had me holding his coat and drink for half the day then I tried to talk about the job and he outright told me I didn't get the job and he chose someone else. Fucking dick wasted 3 days of my life.

>expecting reply
what a normalfag

wtf is this a thing in america or IT business in general?

yikes

kek well played boomer

it happens as alot of spoilt kids get handed millions by their parents to go start a business where they just shit all over their workers and run the business into the ground then they sell it off and go do another "hobby job" for kicks and laughs

My current employer took three months to respond, then another month of interviews/onboarding.

this doesn't happen very often lol

kek I'm glad that is only in america

Either they rejected you or they forgot
In both scenari, there's nothing to lose by giving it another shot

>get email notification
>it's yet another patreon email telling me that Level1Techs or AdoredTV has uploaded a new video

Attached: 1534495979099.jpg (482x427, 40K)

>a lot of OR jobs want a PhD
>apply for the ones that don't
We can begin with this.
Regardless of what they're asking for you need to apply for these anyways. Being bold about yourself is needed.

>TIL rich people only in America
huh europoors btfo

You're brain dead or young and inexperienced if you think it dosn't happen everywhere.

I kept on getting rejection emails with "thank you for your interest"

Got a really good offer that started with that. My heart sank what a rollercoaster

Attached: image_5.jpg (1280x720, 275K)

only trash employers don't let you know if you're rejected

Yeah, shit was tough. I was a NEET for a year before I got hired.

>check email
>rejection
what's it like to get a job offer by email friends

Attached: 2814.gif (500x500, 1.3M)

proud of you bud c:

Surreal. I was a NEET for a year. A lot of mixed feelings. Suicide thoughts completely vanished on that day itself. Though, I got hired on the spot.

well, if similar thing happened to me I'd just say "I have come far here for interview, not washing your car", then quit and slam the door if he was asking me for real.

lol he could smell the bitch on you hahaha

Attached: china-country-map-black-shape_318-40144.jpg (626x626, 17K)

lucky faggot

It's even worse when they offer you an interview for a job for which you lack the requisite skills and thus have minimal chance, yet still feel obliged to try anyway.

>dude you may have absolutely no experience with the primary software suite you'll be using but it's only 'highly advantageous' to know it, not absolutely necessary ;D

Great, what do I do if one of the other applicants has even limited experience in it and I have none?

fucking pricks

Attached: 1534098576982.png (526x544, 12K)

I'm beta as hell but even I'd tell this guy to go fuck himself. There's a limit.

At my previous internship, both my tutor and my manager told me straight to my face that they'd rather work with an inept turbochad than with someone really talented but who has trouble integrating
I didn't get hired at the end of my internship

I may have a small chance then. I'm not chad but I'm nowhere near as bad as the vast majority of this site.

Mention me on your deathbed after you get the job and settle down with a loving family before dying of old age

Trying at every given more opportunity is better than regretting later on for not trying at all. I was this close not getting the job cause the whole company look sketchy as hell. Thank god it is legit.

I remember this episode of Donald Duck as well

>he pays money for other people to work
>without being an actual boss
Shake my head to be completely honest with you, family.

>check mail
>another unsolicited LinkedIn job offer

I have never had a job.

On one hand, I don't want one, on the other hand, I need one to survive. It's tough.

lol no wonder he didnt get hired

how are you living rn?

>TFW got hired at my first interview
Fuck.you

>multiple prospects at once
>all of them reject me simultaneously

this close to ending it lads

>research position
>dont have a phd
What are you DOING

Should've sucked his dick.

>apply for technical positions
>interviewer is always some Stacey from HR that doesn't know any math or cs
>stumble around trying to explain what I know to her but she just giggles that she's bad at math and computers
>ask more about the position and what they do
>heheh I don't know I don't do that stuff
>never hear back

Holy fuck, why is this allowed. Why can't I get interviews at big companies where I know it'll at least have test questions to show off what I know

Attached: oops.png (668x619, 901K)

Good job. They only need to throw 19 more white guys resumes in the trash before they can hire a temporary foreign worker (to carry white guys resumes out to the dumpster).

Are you me? I'm 100% convinced job offers are just luck. That's why "apply 2 everywhere" is actually true.

It's a mixed blessing. Even if you do well at the questions, there's often some savant cunt getting 100% and leaving other applicants in the dust

one of the few positives to applying for bad positions is that you don't have to put up with this shit

How long has it been since the interview? Also, do you know of any others that interviewed around same time and got an email?

t. me

>apply to 4 jobs in months before finishing MS
>get 2 interviews
>get one follow-up interview
>then silence
>apply to ~15 more jobs in following months
>hear absolutely nothing from nearly all of them
>ecstatic when I even get a formal rejection
>no replies to follow-up emails
>still employed by university doing research work for the time being, but that won't last forever

>go to interview
>they offer you a job
>decline because their team was shit and the work boring

At least they had fancy spaceship offices and free food.

You might have been applying a bit too early if you started months before finishing your MS.
I'm in the same position though, graduating in two weeks, haven't heard back a lot. You always hear about how easy it is to find jobs with a CS degree, I'm starting to worry I might be an idiot who doesn't deserve a job.

I got lucky, graduated with a degree in infosec, but had been putting out my resume to a lot of places, and got an interview from a company on the other side of the country in washington state. Did the skype interview, and a week later they said they wanted me to move out there and I was hired for a salaried cybsec position.

Now I go camping every other weekend innawoods.

Yeah, the job market is unironically saturated as fuck due to pajeets. There is a lot of employment to be had, yes, but you're never going to compete with Parjesh who is willing to work for $8.50 minimum wage 80 hours a week with his masters/phd.

Don't be a defeatist.

>You might have been applying a bit too early if you started months before finishing your MS.
Well, I was hoping to find a job shortly after I graduated. A couple of my classmates were able to do so, although one of them has dark skin and a vagina, so maybe that's not a fair comparison.

>check email
>ex gf still sending me angry emails 1 year after

>check 4cucks
>it's full of blogs again

I have an interview this afternoon. Seems to be some kind of temp thing, but I've been a NEET for a year after graduating so I'm just trying anything at this point.
Wish me luck.

Leeching off my parents of course.

>Seems to be some kind of temp thing,
Do you even know what you fucking applied for? Holy shit

kek

>you know that they DON'T have to let you know they rejected you
lel wut? I always got a message.
What kind of asshole country do you live in?

I know what the job description is, but it's through a temp agency that doesn't want to call themselves a temp agency, so they are deliberately vague about what the actual arrangement is.

Are you an Autist? Did you ever find a job?

>Guy pms me on linkedin about job
>asks if im interested
>check it out
>65-75k a year plus benefits
>work from home
>he says im a good fit
>mfw i dont even have a degree yet
>tell him hell yes im interested
>havent heard back from him yet

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS IM SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT

MURRICA

>getting your hopes up over a spam message

>being scammed

It was from a guy who i had applied to a different job for. And I know the company is legit (not gonna say how because it would give up anonimity)

>Go on a interview
>We'll contact you in two weeks
>Of course they didn't
>Two years passed, now working for a different company, gained a lot of experience, made github, linkedin, even had a professional photo for CV/profile, etc.
>Someone from the first company contacts me on linkedin about a job offer with the same exact details
>Tell her that I have already had an interview when I was a young graduate and still waiting for their answer
>She says she is sorry and have no idea what happened, they always reply. Asks me if I am open for this position.
>Tell her to fuck off

>anonimity
this has to be an elaborate troll
there is no justice in the world

Attached: 1510866092312.png (645x729, 62K)

>getting roped by the balls over a scam of a company sending you spam messages

Attached: 1518987634361.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

What, do you want me to put a trip on, too? Fine, whatever. Heres the job on companie's site. dwtunnel.com/employment.aspx

but he did

And why should that stop you enquiring?

>Letter meant for me got sent back because of literally false reasons
>Tell them to try sending it again and it works this time, same address
>Now I'm waiting for something else, and I can't trust the retards at the post office to actually manage to deliver it
Waiting like this is suffering.

Attached: 05391936.jpg (666x632, 61K)

>25 y/o uni drop out starting college in a week
I already know I won't be hired after graduation, if I graduate. This at least buys me 3 years to postpone suicide.

probably muttland

thx pal made my day

He’s clearly starting a tech job discussion thread

Meant to reply to this guy:

And why should that stop you from calling?

I didn't get to drive some guys car, take his suit to a drycleaner and then go duck hunting :(

Yeah but it is just like with women.
You keep trying until they say no.
Even then...

Yeah thanks to unfair "muh diversity" quotas/ "totally not racisn/sexist" quotas that's a really unfair comparison if your male and/or either white or Asian.

Well why did you drop out to begin with user?

>white or Asian
You mean white

Gotta throw applications at a bunch of places and pray one lands. However, while companies weigh up their options for who is the best candidate, they won't afford you the same time for you to weigh up your options for the one-of-many jobs you can take.
I've got quite a few applications in the works, I constantly get harassed by agencies and head hunters, and I've been booked in for interviews, telephone interviews, etc. for the past 2 weeks. It's getting rather annoying actually. However, I'm hoping some of these will start to pan out into job offers and I can try and scrounge a few weeks to see how many I've got, how many more I can push for, and then to ultimately pick the best one.

Asians are also starting to be discriminated against in the same way whites are in the tech field since on average they make more than even whites. Gotta "balance" those earnings you know.

Attached: 1533160798616.jpg (500x500, 85K)

Has the job market always been this fucked and is it ever going to get better if not worse?

This but unironically

You did nothing wrong OP

F 'em until they can only see blood and smell pee !

>fighting so hard for scraps compared to what the boss makes

Wagecucks make me sick.

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=-AXfWFYUX58
>places literally only want data entry drones
you're fine
also, learn to speak properly on the telephone:
>Good morning (before 12:00PM) / Good afternoon (on or after 12:00PM), user Anonny here/speaking.
If you can pick up a telephone sounding professional and with enthusiasm, then you're going to be taken more seriously.
Also, if you're speaking with agencies/head hunters, don't be a bitch. They're going to try set you up with the lowest pay possible, because that's more bank for them. Tell them what YOU'RE looking for and, if they suggest a city/capital, then be damn sure to emphasise a greater price to account for the higher expenses you'd incur working in a city.
Lastly, drag together whatever you've done and try and spin as much as you possibly can into saying you've done professional work. Professional work is literally anything that gets you paid. If you've done some web work for a friend, bullshit about it and say you did a year's work (setup, maintenance, etc.) for a "client". If possible, shill the site. If you've done any hobbies, upload that shit to a repo and shill those links. If you've done any work for any site that has gotten you paid, brag about it as much as possible.
This is what I've been doing and I'm expecting to land a job in the next few weeks. I took a stupidly simple test for one company and the 'results' was that I passed at the same level as a lead dev. Now I don't know whether this is true or bs, but nigga I'ma get paid.