TOR Browser

Is picrelated worth using? Is it secure?

Attached: Tor_Browser_logo.png (185x136, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only worth it to access dark web links
otherwise it's a meme just use a vpn if you want better privacy

>Tor development funded by US government
>privacy

Attached: 1535242949379.jpg (492x500, 181K)

It's firefox + free proxy services. Nothing is secure.

If you just want to browse tor sites, use it.

>Is it secure?
With a lot of fucking around glowniggers can actually detect packets going into the system at certain intervals at one point and leaving at another. So it's at the very least possible to see what server you are sending requests to (and more importantly, what those requests are if you don't take measures to encrypt traffic between the server and final node). I believe only TOR hidden services really hide you since the server is part of the network. Whether that's anonymity enough for the hassle and decreased speed is up to you.

>vpn if you want better privacy
Lel

It's ok. Just don't add any addons to it and don't use it on compromised OSs.

Yes, it's fine. Just avoid these spying shitholes:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
Block them in torrc

Attached: WTF is my IP!! - Tor Browser.png (1651x1182, 176K)

What's the status of the Silk Road and similar websites? Have they all been take down and all owners given two life sentences?

Is it better than nothing? Sure.
Will it suffice for 99% of people wishing to access the dark web? Sure.
Is it a 'good' solution? Absolutely not.
Even assuming the browser itself was secure (it isn't), you still have it running in your personal machine, which is probably telemetry hell and happily keeping all kinds of records that could be used to retrace your activities. For the best security run Tor on systems that don't save state.

using for what? if you just use browser the internet normal like before its no use at all, just use an vpn then

its secure if used correctly

there are also unlisted exit nodes, and further methods like plugable transports which can distinguish/transform your tor packages as plain http or whatever and so allow to break filter etc.

Is it better than using firefox with telemetry disabled + proxy though?

it also uses onion encryption. look it up.

yall ever just es2adizg32j3kob5

Attached: 220px-Miles__Tails__Prower_Sonic_and_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed.png (220x273, 47K)

wtf man
now im going to jail

fuck you

TOR + Tails
Even if they catch you, there won't be any proof left.

And yet massive targets that were/are actually valuable to the US government like AlphaBay or current markets remained operational for years

Visiting the Tor website gets you flagged on the normal web.

based and redpilled

I use it for questionable websites. Routing it through countries with unequivocal legality is the best bet.

I've once used TorBrowser instead of Tor Browser

Attached: 1510988901319.png (800x725, 405K)

Just use TAILS OS for shady stuff. If your goal is to just hide from your ISP then just using a VPN is your best bet.

Tails OS if you tryna look at CP, dirty degenerate pedo. Anything else a VPN should suffice

catch you for what?

silkroad has been long gone.

if buying drugs for persoanal it depends on your seller and the site. many i've run into are just scam sites, but i've had good purchases.

buying drugs most of the time, you can also "high quality" fake biils are always shit, don't purcahse.

you can purcahse paypal accounts and cash them out, but it's a pain in the ass, same goes to buying stolen cards.

Thanks doc