Why the FUCK are phones so big these days

Why the FUCK are phones so big these days
Even midrangers have that garbage 18:9 cancer

Attached: 3.png (387x217, 140K)

When sóymales don’t have Tyrone’s BBC in their hands, they need something else to substitute for it throughout the day, otherwise they get withdraws

because plebs think bigger is better

>not having big European hands
pathetic

t. manlet

Yeah im considering the xz2 compact, but waiting for a custom Google free rom for it. But given that its Sony that could be a while

I wish 4inch screen phones didn't go extinct

>Why the FUCK are phones so big these days
They're not.

Look at phones from years passed based on their ACTUAL size, not the screen size. Most phones these days are very similar ACTUAL size, while the screen size is much larger because we've gotten rid of bezels. But if the phone itself is still physically the same size, who gives a fuck how big the screen is?

Because 18:9 is simply a better aspect ratio for phones. More screen for a given width making it easier to hold and most of the content you browse on it is vertical in nature.

This

Galaxy S9
>147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
>5.8" screen

Galaxy S5
>142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
>5.1" screen

So going from the S5 to the S9, you increase the height of the phone by ~5.7mm, you decrease the width by ~4mm, and you increase the depth by 0.4mm. All while increasing the screen size by 0.7 inches (17.7mm)

The phone is nearly identical size to the S5, but it's screen size is much larger.

Attached: 2018-08-28 10_42_53.png (1585x973, 612K)

I just want physical navigation buttons back

Attached: sleepy.jpg (380x380, 50K)

Convergence
Put a keyboard on one of these and Jow Forums will cream itself

Just get the S8 active

this is not a valid argument, thots with tiny hands seem to love those for some reason too

Phones need to be at least as long as my dick, so this is perfect where we are now.

They have purses and whatnot.

spbp

tfw you realize it should be called just 2:1

Attached: boie.jpg (768x700, 38K)

Friendly reminder that if your dick isn't bigger than your smartphone, you're pretty much a girl.

They can make those their dildos.

but 2:1 doesn't sound as impressive to an average joe

But S5 is the last good galaxy S phone, you shouldn't go from it to anything other than Note 4 anyway.

handlet

this is bait, unless you're a retard who claims they still NEED removable batteries (in which case get the V20), the S9 is GOAT phone. Note9 is also years better than the Note4.

>18:9
>not 2:1

Because they're just copying samsung who does 18.5:9

anyone using 18:9 is just retarded since it rightfully should just be 2:1.

>NEED removable batteries
Yes, because I'm not autistic enough to buy a new phone every 2 years and don't want to melt my device just to open it and get to it's battery.
Glass is also inferior to plastic.
Lack of infrared is retarded.
1440p is too much for a phone.
S9 is clearly more useless than S5. I don't care if it's "faster", the point of a smartphone is to have as many useful features as possible. So yes, S9 is trash. S5 is more useful and thus a much better device imho, which is why it and Note 4 are the last good Samsung flagships.
V20 and G5 are would be better if they had AMOLED.

>18.5:9
>not 37:18
You're not supposed to have decimals in a fraction.

>which is why it and Note 4 are the last good Samsung flagships.
as long as you understand you're in the vast minority of people who actually believe this sure. Whatever you say man.

Also, V20 and G5 would have shitty OLED since they aren't gonna pay samsung for a good OLED, they'll use their own garbage panels like in the V30.

thank android cucks.

>lack of infrared is retarded
not really, infrared was phased out a LONG ass time ago. There's nothing wrong with bluetooth.

Galaxy S5 was already a gigantic phone...

What phone DO you consider reasonable?

You're not supposed to call a ratio a fraction.

>vast minority
A vast minority uses Bluetooth/NFC/GPS/compass. You'd want these to be removed as well next year? I'm not dumb enough to buy a device which markets a lack of features as a good thing so I don't care if I'm in a minority.

>nothing wrong with bluetooth.
They have completely different use cases. I use IR to turn on TVs and ACs remotely. I wouldn't want to have to use Bluetooth for this.
Also Bluetooth has significantly worse power efficiency for these things and has security issues.

>vast minority use GPS
u wot?

>4channers confirmed for never going outside
>oh wait nvm

t. Pokemon go player
It's not often used. I used to use it a lot but there's literally no point unless you're driving, in which case a dedicated GPS device is better. And almost nobody I know uses it at all.

blame samsung galaxy note 1, IIRC it was the first big 5" "smartphone" that I know of, which due to its subsequent popularity made other vendors follow suit in making big phones.

Attached: 274px-Samsung_Galaxy_Note.png (274x479, 43K)

>a dedicated GPS device is better
what the fuck...is this 2008?

EVERYONE I know uses their phone for GPS when driving. Almost EVERYONE has a hands free mount and a car charger for the phone and uses it as GPS, and generally music as well.

Dedicated GPS are only useful if you need something more accurate and reliable than a smartphone. I guess these days, cars can probably charge a smartphone reliably (I have a 90s shitbox), but it also might be useful in low power situations.

But if you're going camping or something like that, you already weren't going to rely on your smartphone in those more sketchy situations ANYWAYS if you know you're shit. Dedicated GPS died for a reason

>paying more than $50 for a phone

>minority uses Bluetooth/NFC/GPS
imagine being this deluded

>"these days" cars can charge a smartphone reliably
You know you get a car lighter to USB adapter right? 12V 1A would get you up to 5V 1.5A easily, 2A if you're lucky. Literally ANY car lighter will do that.

It's a ratio written as a fraction. The actual ratio is '2' 2160/1080.

>people use NFC
Lolno. It's currently useless and actually less used than infrared.

You can use a phone, it's just stupid to use your main device for GPS.

>tfw phones gets so bloated we need a compact mini

Attached: 1526615781066.jpg (957x621, 90K)

you should really go outside more

Why are you projecting? Are you this mad for being wrong?

>physical navigation buttons
But why?
Doesn't your phone uses the fingerprint scanner as an innovative way for navigation.

NEET, please

>tfw "home button" is at the rear
Worse than the time Asus did it with volume buttons at the back.

Why would you pick a phone with this design?

A lot of early fingerprint phones had it at the back for whatever reason. Some are still released with that enigmatic design choice.

>projecting

Didn't designers think that maybe people want to use the phone while it's on a table or something?