YouTube non-skippable ads

>Want to earn more money from ad revenue?
youtube.com/watch?v=bH4twWUw2OI

>Hello Insiders! Check out this video to learn more about how we're changing nonskippable ads to potentially make you more money! Leave us your comments and questions below.
Oy vey :^)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

I’m not watching the video, how are they trying to accomplish this.

what is wrong with this woman?

she cute

they are not accomplishing anything.
they are just giving people the option to only show non skippable ads on their videos.
so people without adblock get fucked :^)

Per channel configuration. Fucko goes to his control pael, turns un-skippable ads ON, then watches how his entire audience starts using adblockers. Even the plebbest normie.

Ublock > Adblock

will this be the beginning of the end?

In the end every site is going to be forced to host their own fucking shit. This will finally lessen the tracking botnet.
The only way they'll ever make non skipable ads is to encode it directly into the video. Ffmpeg can do this with the streaming chunks already. They're just idiots.

uBlockOrigin

Yes.

I read in the Dutch news that YouTube is going to do just that desu senpai.

>If youtube limites ads for 30 seconds instead of over 1 hour fucking informercial or 10 minutes videomusic.

Well it's about time. Should be easy to detect and auto mute

Can't wait for my videos to start with a black screen and be delayed by 5-30 seconds

>Non-skippable AIDS
ftfy

God I hate what Youtube has become.

>2015+3
>still using youtube

Why doesn't youtube randomly inject the ads to the main video stream itself?
That would invalidate any adblockers. Did their A/B testing show that viewers would lose interest more quickly?

Spotify managed to introduce unskippable ads once, but they reverted the changes shortly after. Head count is much more important than ad-view count

>Why doesn't youtube randomly inject the ads to the main video stream itself?
shit idea

I think that would make it more difficult to roll out new ads, like they'd have to reencode the video every time.

>hmm, some people are using adblock more and more in disagreement with our annoying, obstructive ads that interrupt and delay the content
>hmmm, maybe if we made them less annoying and less intrusive people would actually stop using adblockers so much
>no... that can't be it
>hey, I know, let's make ads even worse for people who actually don't use adblock
who the fuck is in charge of this trainwreck

can't they have the vid stored in parts and pipe it with ad parts inbetween?

jewtubers already do this: it's called sponsorization. Funny how much some individuals care about money, so much to come to
>unskippable pre-video ads
>ad break every 10 minuts
>in-video sponsorization

sidenote: i spam L every time someone start rambling about muh today sponsor. I'm pretty sure those skipped seconds aren't counted so they get even less revenue.

I took the "inject ads into the video stream itself" to mean encode them with the video. Right now they use "Media Source Extensions" to split the video into segments and they slip in ads between the segments. That allows them to show personalized ads and update ads as necessary.

Don't be evil guys :)

>be a jewtube slave
>work 24/7 for that sweet shekel
>it really only helps the algorithm
>call yourself "content creator"
>uploads video shilling products, hot topics and how difficult your childhood was like 99.9% of planet earth
>repeat the cycle
why people consume so much this shit?

Attached: contentcreator.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

why don't they just use streaming DRM to encrypt .ts files and then include the key to decrypt the .ts files in the ad files themselves so you literally have to play the ad to decrypt the video stream or else you'd need to spend more time downloading the ad, extracting the key and decrypting the stream?

Can't skip an ad if I never loaded it in the first place :^)

I'm assuming because that's a huge security risks with ads already having had malicious code embedded multiple times in the past.

>No one had any problem with ads when they were just 10kb jpegs
The moment ads turned into malware-ridden obnoxious pieces of shit with autoplaying sound and bright flashing colors to appeal to the lowest common denominator is the moment they lost.
I'm not seeing myself removing my adblocker anytime soon.

ad revue is not a legit revue as much as a financial crutch for untalented creators and scammers.
>sell a product or a service and get paid for it
>if you can't sell, it's because you suck

this is a good thing, since it's on a per-channel basis you can immediately tell which ones are the jewtubers and which ones actually care about uploading good content

>youtuber forces unkippable ads for more shekels
>everyone unsubscribe
>no shekels at all
also
>LINUX_TECH_TIPS_S5E54_2160P_YOUTUBERIP_H265_YIFY

>YOUTUBERIP_H265_YIFY
It would provide a better experience than YT nowadays does, really.

mpv+youtube-dl mustard race

Attached: GIF.gif (896x600, 1.02M)

So..... how is that any better than watching on the youtubes?

By not loading a page full of garbage. You can do it even faster by pasting the link over VLC or even drag and drop. There's even an extesion which can automate this process, though I don't know if it's compatible with Firefox 57+

I don't think you understand how ad block works. I see you put that faggot face but I'm still going to assume you're a retard.

>"I don't think you understand how ad block works"
>*continues with some basic insults*

if you get that annoyed by the fact that someone doesn't know something you know then how about you do something about it, like for example try discussing it like a sane humanbeing

da fuck is that video?

It's a music video by my favourite singer

oh no, you can't skip them?
>uBlock Origin
whoops!

fuck off retard, people with room temperature IQ's aren't welcome here

>watching YouTube ads, ever

>vlc
I'd rather use chrome without addons and watch videos with unskipable ads.

found it, wtf is that

Attached: wtf.png (1920x1080, 655K)

>room temperature IQ's aren't welcome here
tfw africans become smarter

cuck

What is wrong?

wtf is she doing with that phone?

CИMBOЛИЗM!

You could probably make this argument about every music video. It's a music video, not a factual documentary, don't obsess about it.

+1

what will linus do?

The other day I got a 5 minute unskippable ad in the middle of an 11 minute long video, this shit's getting ridiculous

No. Once someone embraces adblock they will never go back no matter how unintrusive. The only solution is making them ineffective.

Jokes on them, I have adblock

s/H265/VP9/

>not using an adblocker
you've only got yourself to blame

I just use uBlock, what do I use for in video ads?

dont give them ideas

uB0. I never see any ads on YT.

I find it hard to believe there is such a thing as unskippable ads short of encoding the ad and the content together so that only a person could tell the difference by watching the video
youtube is gonna rely on some kind of ad insertion that has to be modular and flexible to meet the demands of their advertising platform
that means by definition it will be possible to differentiate between ad and video and a solution can be hacked up

>then watches how his entire audience
That's providing fucko still has an audience after this.
No youtube content is worth sitting through these fuckshit ads. None.

cyka blyat

ahaha ahuet nahui, lybly russkih rebyat v chate

You know, you can also paste the link directly into VLC, no need to open the network stream menu

works better with mpv.

NO, BAD GOYIM! STOP CHEATING THE SYSTEM AND LET US SHOVE MALICIOUS MALWARE-RIDDEN ADS IN YOUR FACE!

This is garbage for non rooted devices
This is the first time I ever have my phone virgin, after years of memes like microg, xposed and shit like that
I can finally erase all the privacy shit thanks to the gdpr, and now they have to pull this
In a way, it is expected. This media backlash about privacy will end on paid memberships to use Google services like maps
Fuck you, journos

Attached: Screenshot_20180818-225209.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

The only thing I use youtube for is finding new music and then getting it elsewhere. Actual videos just don't entertain me anymore.

NewPipe does not need root you retard.

I don't use it
It is slow
It crashes on the regular
Suddenly it stops playing videos, or some of the videos
It is a mess
Yes, I've used it since the beginning
Now I use the official YouTube client with a throwaway account, because I'm fed up of all these bs

Is this done by Youtube rendering the video with ads added? That's possible right?

>paid memberships to use Google services like maps

Then people will move to another app

Google makes way more money tracking your location

what has it become? a business? nothing is free

Not necessarily
If this push moves forward, and they offer a decent paid service, both for video and music, many people will consider paying
And that could extend to other services, too, and different pricing packages

Attached: 700.jpg (707x1000, 268K)

you could say the same about television. you coul also say rip in pieces about television nowadays, also due to unskippable ads.

based and redpilled

Will this just remove the Skip Ad button or will it hardcore the ads into the video when its being transcoded after upload?

is she literally on drugs or tf

I guess just remove the skip button. Enough to force a normie watch it.

He does understand how adblock works which is why people without adblock get fucked by unskippable ads.

>she

it's nothing special, just ads without a skip button, they already exist, the only difference is that all youtube partners will be allowed to have them

why does that bench have underglow

that would be an insane amount of wasted energy

its a man, baby!

/thread

Why is it so hard for google to make a player that simply breaks if ads arent shown? they should have some of the best programmers in the world, yet they are outsmarted by simple browser addons.

I also wondered about this for a while, but I guess 90% of internet users nowadays are normies on their smartphones and they can't skip any kind of ads anyways.

Attached: 1524415896985.jpg (414x414, 34K)

same reason why it's hard to prevent software pirating and client-side cheating in game
if they tried real hard to prevent blocking ads people would come up with better adblocking measures like downloading videos in advance which would exhaust more of their resources and people would look for alternative video platforms so competitors would have more opportunity to grow. for now i think (correct me if i'm wrong) they're not making money on youtube but it's useful for them to keep their presence in case they can monetize it better in the future and they can use it as a propaganda platform like what they tried with #morethanarefugee and by censoring 2edgi videos like jared taylor - race differences in intelligence.

>lorak
>vlc
>manually copy-pasting url
Checks out.

Or is this the end of the beginning?

>Why is it so hard for google to make a player that simply breaks if ads arent shown?
They'd lose audience. Some audience is better than none. High video activity on a particular video will also make it recommended for normies.

The absolute best singer in the world and the absolute best video player

How long before YouTube starts encoding adds into the video so you cannot block them?

people would manually skip them
as they skip the sponsor parts already

damn she's some thick boobies

Women here do.