/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 9 IDEs.png (1280x720, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Hipocrates1780/saved/MTRvnQ
amazon.com/dp/B01M25X363/?tag=pcpapi-20
akari.in/aKY5
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137298&ignorebbr=1
youtube.com/watch?v=XOBXQsNM3D8
pcpartpicker.com/list/f7gHq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/f7gHq4/by_merchant/
pcpartpicker.com/list/FHW88Y
ebay.com/p/XFX-Radeon-RX-580-GTS-XXX-Edition-8GB-GDDR5-Graphics-Card/245236870?iid=273426523879&chn=ps
pcpartpicker.com/list/kGJHq4
silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=526
tomshardware.co.uk/intel-core-i3-8350k-cpu,review-34095-4.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6DO60ajSpAo
ebay.com/itm/PowerColor-RED-DRAGON-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-DirectX-12-AXRX-VEGA-56-8GBHBM2-2D2HD-OC/302688096467?hash=item46799dd0d3:g:XKgAAOSwqGlav4iU&LH_ItemCondition=1000&LH_BIN=1
ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-SC-HYBRID-GAMING-FREE-PowerLink-08G-P4-5678-KR/263885782090?epid=20010038510&hash=item3d70d17c4a:g:FXcAAOSwWh1bd3HU&LH_ItemCondition=1000&LH_BIN=1
pcpartpicker.com/user/Hipocrates1780/saved/94tXHx
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9LYzXP
corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/corsair-one-config-na/p/CS-9000014-NA
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qrbfxG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How long until Jow Forums is btfo by RTX benchmarks?

Turing is literally just a stopgap until TSMC 7nm next year. Sure, it will be better, but itr's not worth the price. You're paying the early adopter tax.

pcpartpicker.com/user/Hipocrates1780/saved/MTRvnQ

okay, the graphics card for this thing died. I am recommending a 1050ti as best cost/performance. My friend uses this build primarily for gaming but he intends to upgrade to a new build pretty soon so he wants to stick to something a bit on cheaper end but he still wants this build to be decent.
what would you recommend for a replacement card?

>nvidia is going to release 7nm next year

Attached: 16210453124.jpg (1022x547, 56K)

>>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
What ?!

>tfw just bought an evga acx 1080 for 360
BUY NOW they said

Saved literally $400, eat my ass FUD fuckers

who's the best ATX case designer?

my friend says i should get a used 1080ti, and that theres no reason to think that a card used for mining would fail sooner(my biggest concern over buying used). is he full of shit or what?

>overclocked to the brink of a housefire cards are a-ok
What do you think ?

he also specifically mentioned mining cards would be less likely to be overclocked because of the price of electricity

why would you buy from a miner? they fucked over the whole market and now you want his sloppy seconds?

i want to buy used for cost efficiency, and because GPUs are more likely to fail early on. if its used, then its passed the early survival test. i dont want to buy from a miner, but if i buy used, theres a decent chance it will come from a miner

That`s what used buyers tell themselves
Even if at higher voltage, the cards return their investment faster if OC-ed

i think im going to go with this

amazon.com/dp/B01M25X363/?tag=pcpapi-20

anything that I might be missing like a tard?

he's pretty much right. miners undervolt their cards and keep them cool. its lifespan will be shorter than a regular card, but you will replace it far sooner than that would be relevant.

They almost surely will. Likely around the middle of next year.

What isn't clear? As in don't get the insecure and broken 8700k. Wait for 9700k or get Ryzen.

>amazon.com/dp/B01M25X363/?tag=pcpapi-20
>$170 for a 1050Ti
Even if your CPU will bottleneck anything more, it's still terribly expensive for the poor performance compared to pretty much anything else.
Spend $40 more to get a 50-70% more powerful card instead. Even if your current CPU will bottleneck it, you can upgrade CPU later. Being bottlenecked is generally not a great excuse to buy terribly poor price/performance parts.

Alternatively, get a used card.

There are points of diminishing returns.
It doesn't really make sense to increase power consumption by 40% to mine 10% faster even if you're better on the coin value going up 10x due to risking downtime due to failure of the card etc on top of the whole lower return versus electricity.

Repost, how much should I sell my 1060 for?

>Spend $40 more to get a 50-70% more powerful card instead.
you mean like 1060 or something? Im not sure how much bottlenecking is an issue but just to be clear, any parts that go in this machine will stay with it, hes going to make a whole new build pretty soon with all new stuff but he wants this build to be usable and such for the foreseeable future without replacing other parts.

also if he wanted to upgrade the CPU wouldnt he also need to get a new motherboard and ram most likely? or am I stupid?

My Geforce 970 just died. Need a replacement, I need one for gaming and the highest I'll go is about 800 dollars or 682 euro. I'm thinking about gtx 1080 or 1080 Ti. But not sure if it's worth the money. Also thinking about trying buying 2 gtx 1060. But I have no experience with SLI and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad idea. Any recommendations?

what are your other parts?

SLI is dead and support is completely lackluster. Only buy the best single GPU you can afford. Get the 1080ti if you need a GPU right now. If you can wait till the 20th when the 20 series embargo ends you may find better deals or find the 20 series is much better.

So I got my 3.5" cradle and my 3TB harddrive and it's time for me to transfer 900GB of Raw Photo- and Video-Data.
My only question is:
Is there anything I should do first? I would first only copy the files over and confirm their integrity. Should I consolidate Diskspace on my external drive first? Defrag it? and what OS should I do It on? I dualboot Win10 and Ubuntu 18.04 on my PC.

Attached: IB-129SSK_big1.png (1920x650, 284K)

I want a 27 inches 1440p monitor for home use, I'm not a gamer and I don't care about response time, 144 hz etc.
Asus PB277Q seems good, altough I wanted it to be not TN.
Good alternatives to that?

>akari.in/aKY5
>VA panel
idk it's okay I guess.

Whatever others are selling for in your area.

Like an RX580 4Gb. Those are often around $210. I wouldn't get a 3Gb card.
>hes going to make a whole new build pretty soon with all new stuff but he wants this build to be usable and such for the foreseeable future without replacing other parts.
Why wouldn't he put this new GPU in the future build?...

The Mbest 1440p 144hz one for AHVA(IPS).
Philips, HP, LG, and some others have alright 1440p 75hz IPS. I wouldn't get ASUS since the shitty QA and warranty.

Huh? Just transfer the files.

They probably will, considering AMD is on track to have 7nm GPUs out by the end of this year.

>Huh? Just transfer the files.

I never transferred such a large amount of data at once before. It's over 358 folders. should I maybe transfer them ins maller chunks?

Also, the Cradle says it's hotswap compatible. What do I do in order to get my PC to recognize the new drive? Do I need to restart?

Papa OP, could you tell me if a resealed GPU or CPU are a good idea ? I want to save some bux on an RX 580 and a 1600x

You fucken what m8? What does this mean for us?
Will we have rtx 20XX alternatives soon?

Attached: 1535370652982.jpg (599x636, 38K)

Not for consumers. Q1-Q2 2019.

>Hey looks programmers are monitor freaks.

The $75 RX470 "miner edition" (only a single DVI output) is back.
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137298&ignorebbr=1
Will crossfire with rx470/480/570/580 so you can use the outputs from the better GPU.

>considering AMD is on track to have 7nm GPUs out by the end of this year.
Not for consumer until the middle of next year most likely, though.

7nm Vega Pro card should be out this year, though.

What OS? Win10 file transfer utility is actually fantastic. If not win10, I'd search for a replacement file transfer utility which won't halt on prompts.

If they have warranty and you're getting a good discount, yes. Even better if you can still return to the retailer within 30 days. I've had great experiences overall with refurbished products in general.

can't jerk off to hentai if the colors are wrong.

Great. More waiting.
By the time AMd will have alternatives to Nvivia's RTX 20XX lineup, most people will have already upgraded. Just imagine AMD announcing a good product and then Nvidia suddenly dropping prices on their RTX cards to be able to compete. It never hurts to dream, I guess.

>Why wouldn't he put this new GPU in the future build?...
so he can keep this build functional and becuase he wants the new build to be top of the line, like 2500 for budget or more. for that build I think he plans to use a 1080ti.

>nd then Nvidia suddenly dropping prices on their RTX cards to be able to compete.
Considering they didn't drop prices on the GTX series until the 20 series was right around the corner I doubt they'll drop prices to compete. They usually don't.

Currytech youtube (actually legitimately some of the time unlike their website), has demonstrated the Freesync passthrough. youtube.com/watch?v=XOBXQsNM3D8
Though they didn't show it with a second dedicated GPU, it should work.

Well it seems likely that the 7nm Vega pro card will match/beat the 2080Ti in current games. But it's a pro card so probably $1200-$1500.
I mean given that the 2080Ti is $1200, I guess it makes more sense to just get a pro card if it's faster in traditional games. Lmfao.
I wouldn't be surprised if the pro card is officially paper-launched within 4 weeks.

I'm also curious how Vega is working in Tensorflow with the recent ROCm update.

Ok. Just get something used for

Grateful
Is the 1600x worth paying 680 in my local currency when I can get an 1300x for 410 ?

Attached: ty.jpg (459x300, 41K)

Can anyone recommend a reliable external drive?

Well that's the issue with always playing catch up. By the time AMD has something equivalent everyone already has the Nvidia card. It never mattered how good Fiji was, since the 980Ti was already out. Vega didn't matter since the 1070/1080 had been out for like a fucking year.

How does my build look?

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/f7gHq4
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/f7gHq4/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($165.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 GAMING-ITX/AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($123.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($160.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($165.90 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GT OCV1 Video Card ($269.99 @ B&H)
Case: Thermaltake - Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop Case ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($65.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: LG - 24UD58-B 23.8" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($239.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Gigabyte - FORCE K83 Wired Standard Keyboard ($38.89 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech - B100 Wired Optical Mouse ($6.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Speakers: Logitech - S120 2.3W 2ch Speakers ($9.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1296.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-28 15:22 EDT-0400

pcpartpicker.com/list/FHW88Y

Can someone recommend me a motherboard? Looking for futureproof web browsing plus a lot of room to tinker with overclocking.

>Looking for futureproof web browsing plus a lot of room to tinker with overclocking.
U wot?

I would consider an rx 580 8gb if the price is similar

Just to let you guys know eBay is doing 15% everything

so if youre looking to get something head over there

I was thinking about picking up one of the Nitro 5 laptops with the 256 ssd, 1050ti and i5 8300 for $600 after the coupon

web browsing will never require more than 4 strong cores and 8gb of RAM

is ftw3 worth it over cheaper designs?

Why do you pay so much for just web browsing? Even my grandmas pc costs half of this and works more than fine.

I hope you don't plan to play games at that resolution
Speakers are shit btw, save the hassle and get a monitor with built in speakers that are just as shit and don't take up space.

>6c/12t vs 4c/4t
Yes, well worth paying a little over 50% more for that.
But would the 1600 be quite a bit cheaper than the 1600x?

You know those Thermaltake V1 cases are kinda large right?
I'd get the G3 instead, though it's a bit more expensive. It also fits larger, cheaper boards.
And I'd get an RX580.

RX580 8Gb for $220. ebay.com/p/XFX-Radeon-RX-580-GTS-XXX-Edition-8GB-GDDR5-Graphics-Card/245236870?iid=273426523879&chn=ps It is, better. Does the 15% apply to the above? So RX580 for $187?

What the fuck? Get a 2400G. It'll cost almost half that.
And get dual channel memory even if it's just for web browsing.
That's not the point that user was making.

the 15% applies to pretty much everything

why buy a 4k monitor that's only 24". 27" minimum and that's if you prioritize fidelity over screen real estate.

yes, it counts for pretty much everything

pcpartpicker.com/list/kGJHq4
working on a new zen build and have a dumb question - my mobo only has 2 fan headers but I have my pump and 3 fans, how power all fans?
(replacing fans from aio w/ noctuas - 2 120mm intake 1 120 mm exhaust)

the motherfukin 1600 is 760
Yes, more expensive than the X

I was looking at Ryzen but the 2400g is the same price and doesn't overclock for shit. I want to see if I can get the i3 up to 4.8-5ghz

use a fan hub like this one
silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=526

what's the coupon code tell me good user

Kinda wish I waited longer to get my RX580 then. I got it on their last 15% sale but that only brought it down to $265 (for Nitro+ Special Edition). Rx580 for $187 is nice.

But at the same time I'm glad I didn't wait longer. the video decoder and low power consumption is so much better than my 7970 was.

Ah.
I mean I'd say 12 threads is easily worth paying 50% more over 4 threads, still. You could also see about getting the 1400. Hard to recommend 4c/4t in generally like the 1300X is, with the exception of the 2200G.

>doesn't overclock for shit
It has twice the threads.
>overclocking your desktop CPU so watching anime costs you 3x more in electricity
Just go away. If you don't want reasonable advice when you instead want to do something unreasonable, why are you even here?

Ok /pcbg/ help a brother out
>Budget: $700 USD
>Purpose: gaming

I was thinking in a Ryzen 5 2600 and a gtx 1060, i already have a Dell Ultrasharp 2405 FPW that i think i can survive on for now, maybe updated for a higher Hz one in the future.

thanks I was looking at that - fans + sata plug into hub and the hub goes into mobo header right?

>twice the threads

for what? the i3 is even more capable than an 8400 after it's overclocked. go away ryzen shill

tomshardware.co.uk/intel-core-i3-8350k-cpu,review-34095-4.html

8350k at 5.0ghz is a champ

Get the $187 RX580 8Gb, m8. Or some other new model on the 15% off ebay sale.
But sure, 2600 is fine for the CPU side. I'd just take advantage of that sale ASAP before they sell out.

Oh it's the same guy who pretends to be looking at a build even though he's not and just wants to shill some shitty build of his.
You really need to keep your trolling out of /pcbg/. Trolling is against the rules outside of /b/.

Wait what? This chip punches way above its weight for something that I never see mentioned on Jow Forums

go to ebay and it says
pregame15

Attached: Capture.jpg (416x242, 21K)

I got a used U2718Q for $300. It's a 4K 27" display, 10bit, etc. Is it a good buy for 4K gaming or nah?

PSA: the ebay coupon can be reused and abused as much as you want. It's supposed to be one-time only but you can just guest checkout if your total is maxing out the $100 limit.

5ms response time, IPS, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good monitor. Dell builds some good shit

Maximum of $666.67 to get the maximum $100 discount from the code.
So best to use it on a GPU or monitor.
Not sure if you can split it among multiple products or not. I think generally no.
Oh, kek. Nevermind? You sure you don't need a different card for each purchase when you guest checkout?

Stop pretending to be so stupid that you don't know what stuttering and hitching is. youtube.com/watch?v=6DO60ajSpAo

Seems fine enough. I prefer 3-4ms AHVA/IPS for gaming but it's hard to say without knowing just what the color-to-color response time and input latency on that display is like.

hitching and stuttering are more often tied to background processes than chipset, like the ones from steam and nvidia.

I checked out 3 times with the discount code, yeah. the third time it didn't want to give me the guest checkout option, but I just used a vpn and it worked.

>he's having FPS problems because he's using a 1700x lol

No shit. Doesn't happen on a CPU with AMD's SMT.

Yeah, the 1000 series wasn't that great for gaming in most cases. That's beyond the point being made there.

Vega 56 Red Dragon, ~$430 with code PREGAME15
>ebay.com/itm/PowerColor-RED-DRAGON-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-DirectX-12-AXRX-VEGA-56-8GBHBM2-2D2HD-OC/302688096467?hash=item46799dd0d3:g:XKgAAOSwqGlav4iU&LH_ItemCondition=1000&LH_BIN=1
New from Newegg through ebay

EVGA 1070Ti SC Hybrid cooler, includes powerlink. ~$415 with code PREGAME15
>ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-SC-HYBRID-GAMING-FREE-PowerLink-08G-P4-5678-KR/263885782090?epid=20010038510&hash=item3d70d17c4a:g:FXcAAOSwWh1bd3HU&LH_ItemCondition=1000&LH_BIN=1
New from EVGA through ebay.
Only 7 left.

>Vega 56 Red Dragon, ~$430 with code PREGAME15
I want it so bad, would it be worth it with this build?

pcpartpicker.com/user/Hipocrates1780/saved/94tXHx

If I don't want to game hard or anything taxing can I get a good pc with the ability to upgrade easily for £500?

I'm guessing its easier to get a ryzen with an igu but I feel like im fucking up by not getting a ryzen+ in the long run

Sure, go for it, assuming you can sell your current GPU for like $200.

Huh? The 2400G is "ryzen+".
Though there might be 12nm or 7nm Raven Ridge coming later this year. AMD essentially "leaked" that with their energy efficiency roadmap. But if you can't wait.. the 2400G is a perfectly good APU for years to come, especially for just basic desktop usage.

I can wait I guess but my laptop just broke and phone browsing is a headache
I was thinking of something like this

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9LYzXP

Got a 1080 with 2x 8-pins. No problem using the secondary connectors on the two PCIe cables instead of the primary connectors, right? Without the doubled up wires coming out of the connectors, the secondary's wires fold tighter. The quarter inch of extra protrusion is the difference in fitting or not (side case fan).

I assume there's no reason that the primary connector isn't skippable.

PSU recommendation for 2600X+1080ti

so are there any good intel CPUs. or should we all buy AMD

8400 on sale or the 8700k if you *must* have the best CPU for 1080p. Because anything past 1080p runs into a GPU bottleneck and they're basically all the same. It also doesn't take into account if your specific applications benefit more from intel than they do AMD. But for most people AMD is the smarter choice for long term purchases.

So just how expensive is the break down on this pre-built? Some of these are getting ridiculous.

corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/corsair-one-config-na/p/CS-9000014-NA

>so are there any good intel CPUs.
No, there's a new security flaw every week. I guess we're finding out why the Core 2 Duo was so good back in 2006, they cut every corner possible sold a defective but fast CPU to regain marketshare from AMD. There's a legitimate possibility that hyperthreading may be inherently insecure, OpenBSD has already disabled it by default. Of course this isn't an issue with the 8400 but any buyers of the 8700k/9900k should be cautious.

>1080ti - 700
> 32gb - 250
> cpu - idk 500
seems reasonable imo

i think im going for it

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9LYzXP
16gb would be excessive for just web browsing.
150W PSU is all you need as well.

Any decent 650W model.

Not 8700k anymore with all the HT vulnerabilities which supposedly can't be fixed in microcode and OS updates.
And even if the new ones turn out to be fixable, there's always something new. It's just a flawed architecture that you shouldn't bother with.
Maybe the i5-8400 if you can get it plus a decent z370 board(for fast RAM and to upgrade later to the 9700k) for $250 on sale. But if you have to ask this question, you probably don't know what a board which is decent enough to overclock a hot Cornflake 8 core looks like.

>asking to be spoon fed this hard

I know it's /pcbg/, but is it's probably a bad idea to buy a used, complete pc, right? I need to get a pc and there's a used 1080ti build in my area going for $1k

This might be a stupid question but I'm putting together a 1950x build with today's ebay sale and I need 32 gigs of ram.

Is it bad to buy 2x 16 gb kits of the same ram or should I buy one 32gb kit of 4x8 sticks. I've seen some people say you should stick to one kit to make sure there are no problems

Attached: 20-232-488-V05.jpg (1280x960, 141K)

At what price point is the Vega 64 worth i, 500€?
>inb4 get 56

Attached: troy.jpg (635x969, 74K)

I wanna be the Greek to her trojan horse if you know what I mean...

Attached: __asui_tsuyu_boku_no_hero_academia_drawn_by_cutesexyrobutts__sample-7e0fd0113438d5f991044607ac3c41d8 (850x1275, 228K)

>there's always something new.
I mean this applies to all tech and not specific to Intel though so what's your point. Also I think the 9th gen doesn't need a microcode patch/update. They fixed it for the 9th gen.

All the other parts besides the 1080ti could be a couple years old. What's the specs? Also has he mentioned age?

im looking for cases, but the problem is that when i thought i found the one i want, another one shows.
I was looking something like the thermaltake versa c21, but with more hdd bays
is there something like that ( w/ dust filters, bays for cd/dvd reader, 4 front usb plus Mic and audio) at all that it doesnt cost too much for a case?

8-pins alone should be enough.
Go for 2400g honestly

>150w
Didn't he say he wants to upgrade in the future?

Here's what the listing mentions word for word
>Core I5 @ 4.7ghz
>ASUS Z97 Prime gaming Motherboard
>120 GB Force GT SSD for fast windows boot.
>1TB HYBRID DRIVE
>16GB Corsair Gaming RAM
>GTX 1080 TI RGB 11GB Graphics card
>AX750W 80+ Gold certified power supply

Some things confuse me here, namely the processor (clock speed might be overclocked, because I'm not finding an equivalent on the market) and the mobo, which I think is referring to the "Z97-Pro", don't know which make. I'd check that in person, but I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's worth my time. Seller says it's "like new" but I never completely trust what they'd say over the internet.

My plan was originally to build a new, ideally sff pc with a ~$800 budget, but I can get a good quality albeit-used 1080ti build for a couple hundred more, I might take it.

Why are monitors such a gamble nowadays? Every monitor that isn't double the price of the rest seems to have issues.

I'm not going to spend $500+ while risking dead pixels, panel glow/bleed, dirty and contaminated panels. What happened to QA? It's a goddamn lottery

Did some research since previous post ()

Goals: 1080p 144fps reliable gaming. Budget ~900€.
Previously considered 8600k but since I'm not big into overclocking and I plan to use this build for 5+ years decided to go with 8700. Because it's locked "65w" TDP cpu theoretically even the shittiest 370z boards shouldn't struggle with power delivery, right? As I'm going with (or I'd like to) micro-ATX form factor there are literally only 3 options: Z370M Mortar, Z370M D3H, Z370M PRO4, the last supposedly being the best but the reviews, on newegg at least, are worrying.
Should I abandon micro-ATX and go for ATX build instead? Also going with Z series board instead of H or B for those 3 extra fps from faster RAM and because I doubt the VRM of those boards will be able to sustain 4.3GHz boost indefinitely, prove me wrong.

Attached: Untitled.png (794x426, 19K)

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qrbfxG
hows this? the psu and ram seem like good long term investments because i'll probs buy a new gpu when 1080s are cheaper