Well, fuck me

Well, fuck me

restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/

Attached: Lawsuit Names NordVPN- Tesonet in Proxy Data Extraction Scheme.png (942x783, 843K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17258203
restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/
reddit.com/r/ProtonVPN/comments/8ww4h2/protonvpn_and_tesonet/e21tfqw/
nordvpn.com/blog/nordvpn-false-allegations/
warosu.org/jp/thread/S11748139#p11757204
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oh who'd have guessed
this is why you use decentralized solutions

That's some interesting news. I was already sceptical about their enormous ad campaign on- and offline. It's been bothering me ever since it started.

Shit goes deeper
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17258203

So can someone fucking tell me what exactly is going on? NordVPN and ProtonVPN are giving the exit node data off to the botnet?

just wait until you find out PIA is owned by CIA niggers

would explain why it's constantly shilled

>being at all surprised that public VPN solutions werent entirely above the board with you
Now days you can easily get high speed Internet and either a static IP or a dynamic domain and set up your own VPN for most things except geoblocking. Get recked.

PIA is the only VPN provider to have been tested twice in court and has both times been unable to provide any information whatsoever. That doesn't mean you should trust them, but a popular NordVPN shill tactic was the say how much better Nord was because it was based in Panama and not the US, yet here we are. PIA's record is intact and Nord are exposed.

Where did anyone say anything about ProtonVPN?

>that nigga whomst fell for the VPN meme

Attached: apu.jpg (512x512, 35K)

>not using your own VPN

How do you feel now Nordniggers? PIA wins again.

I'm not exactly sure I'm buying into this just yet, this reeks like the AMD "security vulnerability" shit a few months back that used a no-name Israeli firm to try sowing FUD for AMD CPU. Once again we have some shit tier Israeli company attacking large enterprises. My suggestion is to wait a week to let this play out. It smells like jew tricks once again.

Attached: 1517189440069.png (807x554, 79K)

>Luminati Networks (((Israel)))

Does anyone actually trust these people?

>tfw don't use a VPN period

Attached: 1523133821571.jpg (249x249, 8K)

yeah this isn't surprising, these people who rely on these services for their personal safety are idiots and deserve to be hauled off.

This

damn, I used nord because it sponsored jayztwocents and he said he only allows sponsors he trusts and uses

They asking to be shilled everywhere was a sing of it.
They even offered me a deal and im a literally who but since i fix PCs in youtube apparently i attracted them.

Whoever unironically used NordVPN was a sucker.

>PIA
fuck off shill

>trusting jewztwocents
Yijes

And he will probably stop shilling Nord now.

More like jewztwocents.

>PIA
Fucking Linus niggers go back to Facebook and YouTube.
Mullvad, Proxy.sh and Cryptostorm.is are the only good VPN you can trust out there.

>he fell for VPN meme

haha. glorious

Stop shilling your botnets.

>accusations came from major competitors
I don't even use NordVPN and I don't buy it

why does PIA launch about 14 exes every time used tho? And why have they been ignoring every nigger on their forum who asks @why does your program launch 14 exes?' for about the last 14 years?
I am aware, using actual openvpn client prob resolve this, but, still.

>exes
Why are you using a VPN in wine? :^)

Let's see
-shady tech website that no one has heard of with only few articles written by the same 2 ppl (sven and olivia, totally not fake names)
-nonsensical lawsuit (I read the entire doc) submitted to a court demanding trial jury that will never see the light of day
-random shills on reddit and Jow Forums cross posting the same one article over and over with no substance
-chart with a 100 arrows that make as much sense as analyzing the blood splatter of a dead possum on the road
-no other tech websites covering this """story"""
-the only """solution""" is to use the other VPN that restoreprivacy """recommends"""

this is the biggest pile of shit smear campaign I've ever seen and I don't even use Nord or care one way or the other

Attached: 1535085972568.jpg (480x360, 24K)

t. PIA rep

>not using algo and deploying your own VPN
you all deserved it TO BE QUITE HONEST

Called it the second everyone started peddling this shit.

t. editor of restoreprivacy.com

Still no bad news about pia, yet you guys always talk shit about it

So who the fuck do I use then?
I was just about to get Nord and now this happened.

IVPN still any good?

>based in the (((USA)))
>shilled by PCMag
>poor interface
>logo looks like autistic reddit alien

>Nord
>Based in Panama
Wouldn't it be based in Iceland or Norway or something?

>I was just about to get Nord and now this happened.
There's nothing wrong with Nord

>restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/

???

>replacement
How about this- a p2p based VPN, but instead of it being shitslow, it would be fast- as you'd be required to put as much in as you take out, unlike TOR.
Use blockchain to record some data transactions (no locations, just that a packet from X was sent - no record of where to or IPs, just that wallet X sent a packet
When you serve a request for another client it would record that X did throughput for the network, no record of what IPs, no record of whom was serviced.
All transactions should be temporally fuzzed slightly.

No, nord shill. This has been a discussion for the last 4+ years. We know they keep logs. Whoever fucking uses it is a dumbfuck and deserves what they get. /thread
Now remove this shit and post actual important news, like AMD shit or talk about why this board has been utter garbage since it's inception?

See

t. PIA marketing team

okay. making more sense.

anyone have a link to the giant Jow Forums VPN chart?

>tfw NordVPN shilled on Jow Forums
>tfw fell for their 3 year plan
god fucking damn it

Attached: 1492053701331.jpg (480x480, 64K)

just stop, only a low IQ retard would fall for an obvious fake news story on a fake tech site that no one has heard of

>Not using openvpn
Found your problem

Attached: thumb.png (800x450, 359K)

Would you pay someone else to draw the blinds over your window every time you wanted to crank one out?

>why does PIA launch about 14 exes every time used tho?
they got a lot of botnet to load for the NS- err I mean for your privacy protection :^)

>not using ajarvpn

it boggles my mind why people use the shitheap custom apps that VPS services develop instead of the vanilla OpenVPN client.

proton mail BTFO
LOOOOL
glad I never moved from gmail. tfw emails literally don't matter and nobody uses them for anything, anymore.

They responded to that crap and proved it was fake.

reddit.com/r/ProtonVPN/comments/8ww4h2/protonvpn_and_tesonet/e21tfqw/

I was wondering why Nord was getting shilled recently.

Tbh it's PIA who's outing these fuckers.

Proton IS tesonet, nigger.

>AMD "security vulnerability" shit a few months back
TL;DR version? I've been busy with family emergencies for almost the entirety of this year.

No they're not. Read the link you fucking retard. They addressed all of this BS.

>The false allegations were originally spread by US-based VPN provider, Private Internet Access (PIA), who also happens to be a major competitor. We think it says a lot about them to be engaged in shady marketing tactics.
>ProtonVPN/ProtonMail does not, and has never used any IPs or servers from Tesonet (this can be publicly verified)
>Proton does not share any employees (or company directors) with Tesonet. This is also a verifiable fact.
>Proton has not used Tesonet for HR since 2016.
>There is little actual evidence that Tesonet does data-mining (in any case we have never used infrastructure from them).
>Proton has many suppliers (Dell, Juniper, Radware, etc). If you dig enough, you can find dirt on all of them and create a false narrative. We do business with other tech companies - this is not a secret or abnormal.

not in your wildest dreams would I go to that website

See How could Proton be Tesonet if the freaking PIA shills and that lawsuit are alleging that Nord is Tesonet. You fucking faggots can't even keep your damn story straight.

>PIA is the only VPN provider to have been tested twice in court and has both times been unable to provide any information whatsoever.
There's literally no evidence that the guy even used PIA to begin with. And the only outlet to report this was torrentfreak which isn't exactly reassuring since no other website made this claim.

did you forget about the AMD pump scheme where some kikes found 16 "critical vulnerabilities" that all required administrator level access to the physical hardware?

>There is little actual evidence that Tesonet does data-mining
They do it PUBLICLY, nigger, under Oxylabs. Of course a shill wouldn't bother to verify it.

>it's impossible to own more than one company

>They do it PUBLICLY, nigger, under Oxylabs. Of course a shill wouldn't bother to verify it.
Call me a shill all you want, you haven't proven jack shit about Tesonet and Nord being the same entity. Anyone can file a lawsuit for any reason, it doesn't mean anything. Call me when there's actual a trial (that will never happen) and a ruling (that will never happen) in favor of Luminati or w/e the fuck their name is. The is the biggest scam of a smear I've ever seen in my life and it's obvious you're being paid to sit here and spread FUD

Dude, this is Jow Forums, this fucking botnet company has been proven to at least share the same address as a literal data mining operation, and saying you shouldn't fucking use their services is "the biggest scam of a smear I've ever seen"? Holy shit, tesonet never paid you to shill in Jow Forums until 5 minutes ago?

If a vpn is getting sued then you know it's good

honestly, the most damning is the "android app" being signed by something with Tesornet as one of the named orgs.

I know it was a scam when I came home and found it installed on my parent's computer

>Use plain OpenVPN connection to connect
>Zero problem whatsoever
Wow that sure was hard

>While both NordVPN and HolaVPN are well-known in the VPN industry – for different reasons – the companies allegedly behind these VPN providers – Tesonet and Luminati Networks – are less recognizable.
>Tesonet and Luminati Networks
>Luminati Networks
>Luminati

Attached: fry.jpg (9071x5102, 625K)

In that case I want my $96 back

>using vpn
I don't get it, if you really cared about anonymity, the only correct-ish answer are things like tor, even those aren't perfectly anonymous either.

do people really think putting another layer of abstraction to their network makes it more private?

just use tor

The only true solution is six proxies, three VPNs, Tor, and a separate P2P network layered on top of each other.

Attached: 1380495773779.gif (480x270, 406K)

>Rent server for 5$/month
>Install VPN
>Free VPN

Attached: 1495607722251.png (275x326, 110K)

>a vpn that is likely easier to identify you

better off with resnet at that point. I use VPNs on my cloud shit, but more for NAT traversal and point-to-point services.

>$5 a month
>free
also
>all activities immediately traceable to you because you purchased it

Also, you don't have a choice to change IPs in tons of different countries.

and traffic correlation is super easy since (presumably) you're the only one using it. at least with paid vpns you have a chance to get lost in the crowd.

NordVPN posted announcement here:

nordvpn.com/blog/nordvpn-false-allegations/

>For the past few months, we’ve been under a constant barrage of “anonymous” claims stating that NordVPN is involved in data mining. Numerous accusations have been thrown at us, questioning not only our structure and our policies, but our values and ethics as well.

>All this time, we thought it best not to respond publicly – to avoid “feeding the trolls” with the attention they so desperately seek and to solve this issue without giving them what they want. For a while, it worked just fine. The attempts to smear us did not make any impact whatsoever until very recently.

>Over the past couple of days, their target has shifted. The dozens of fake accounts on Twitter with reused pictures and zero comment history expanded their attacks from us to the companies and people who trust us – basically, every website and every expert who has ever been involved with NordVPN. We realized that remaining silent is no longer an option and we must respond for the sake of our reputation.

>The false allegation being made is that NordVPN is structurally the same as HolaVPN, that our VPN clients are being used to turn our users into a botnet, and that NordVPN is part of a data mining conglomerate. The attacks are being backed up by nothing more than an unrelated patent infringement lawsuit filed in the US against Tesonet.

>Tesonet is one of the biggest tech corporations in Lithuania, a small EU country with a thriving technology sector. The company works with Fortune 500 businesses and develops infrastructure and standalone solutions for various B2B applications, ranging from hosting services and payment processing to HR and customer support. They are experienced in a variety of fields – from digital marketing to network management and programming. One of the services that Tesonet performs for Fortune 500 companies is data scraping.

>We are being accused of giving third parties access to NordVPN user IP addresses in order to perform web scraping operations. Hola works this way, but not NordVPN.

>Not only is this accusation completely false, its inaccuracy is also easily verifiable.

>Anyone with Wireshark (or any other similar app) and some networking knowledge can perform a network scan, check all requests made by the NordVPN application, and verify their destinations. The results will prove that the web scraping accusations are false. We have never in any way been related to any other projects developed by Tesonet.

>The claims that HolaVPN and NordVPN had a business relationship are misleading. HolaVPN was one of many minor affiliate partners and would refer users who canceled Hola to NordVPN. We would pay a small commission for the referral.

>We understand that these facts alone may not be enough to clear our name. Therefore, we are hiring one of the largest professional service firms in the world to run an independent audit and verify our ‘no logs’ claim. The audit is expected to be completed within 2 months and will independently verify that the accusations are false.

>There is another bit of context in this story. Back in May 2018, a fake Twitter account started spamming every cybersecurity-related website with a PDF document stating that NordVPN is part of a data mining conglomerate.

>It didn’t take us too long to find out the name hiding behind the anonymous claims – it was another VPN service that we had always considered reputable. A few media outlets reached out to us, we briefly explained what was going on, and the case was put to rest. Once we contacted the culprit directly, the spam campaign ended as well – for a while, at least.

>The peace was temporary. Other VPN services realized they might benefit if public trust in our service started to waver. They began a smear campaign while hiding behind anonymous accounts and satellite websites, masquerading their profit-driven aggression as activism and social responsibility.

>Even now, their fake accounts are spamming our Twitter feed, Reddit, and other forums. None of the competitors have ever reached out to us to seek an explanation and none have made a single official comment on the way we operate. That is neither activism nor social responsibility – this is the desperation of someone failing to compete with a company that is a relative newcomer to the market.

>We have always been and will always remain true to our policies and our values. NordVPN operates under the jurisdiction of Panama. We have never betrayed our customers and we have never broken our Terms of Service.

>We will post a few additional minor details in a detailed follow-up later. If you have any questions or need any additional information – let us know by contacting [email protected]. We want to make things clear once and for all.

>(((Luminati)))

Luminati is the ones suing Tesonet.

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
JUST LMAO

>tought it best not to respond publicly – to avoid “feeding the trolls” with the attention they so desperately seek
Corporate PR by Jow Forums, the press release. DON FEED THE TROLLS, THA'SALL, FOLKS.

>5 shekels have been deposited to your Luminati account

warosu.org/jp/thread/S11748139#p11757204

Why do you need a VPN?

>Why do you need a VPN?
Get a load of this guy

So the glow in teh darks don't judge your anime preferences

home depot, napa autoparts and keystone rv deny me access to their goods and services.

First off - Nice get.

2nd - When Intel was taking a huge bite from the shit sandwich known as Spectre and all the negative public feedback, some tiny no-name jew owned "security research" company found a vulnerability in AMD processors that requires *physical access* to execute. They tried to make it out like it was a huge deal but you could smell the Jewish Intel shekels in their pockets through your monitor.

>rent 5 dollar vps
>install wireguard
>never had to worry about people spying on my work again

Attached: 3456.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Damn that's some next level shit. I need to get on that.