Amd moves to 7 nm gpus

amd moves to 7 nm gpus...

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-28 AMD Moves All 7nm CPU, GPU Production to TSMC - ExtremeTech.png (664x676, 477K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13277/globalfoundries-stops-all-7nm-development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ayymd literally bankrupt and finished. Can't even do 7nm. Meanwhile intel will have 10nm cpus out by 2019.
oh am I laffin

So should I wait to get my new cpu or is it okay to get it now.

Reminder that 7nm chips will be very expensive until they get euv to work which is years from now.

*10nm++++++

Attached: 1534031411190.png (334x390, 287K)

If your CPU is less than 12yrs old then just wait...

IT'S OVER INTLEL IS FINISHED

what do you have now ?

Attached: Capture.jpg (649x474, 47K)

WTF is that thing?

>Windows 10

Attached: Jordan sees your comment.jpg (624x540, 55K)

Aren't they releasing a 7nm vega gpu with 32GB of HBM for memelearning at the end of the year?

Nothing wrong with that

>he still thinks Windows is on 8.1

What the fuck is the context of that photo? I also need to jerk off to the Asian girl.

Attached: specdown.png (728x380, 50K)

Sure thing pal.

What does that even mean?

Windows has been on 10 for years. Get with the times.

Do you always have your mouth to Microsoft's anus ready to get it nice and fresh?

Do you even PC? Post specs.

egpu?

Keep the CPU for now, not worth upgrading. especially with that gpu. You can probably wait for zen2+

However, I would get a second identical ram stick, more ram and faster perf (dual channel vs single)

get one of these, whichever you can find the cheapest, cost around 50€/$ (or ivy bridge parts if you can find any for reasonable prices)

Attached: Capture.png (458x383, 29K)

What's that

No it's. Gaming pc

SFF motherboard with mobile cpu then? exotic shit

It's Linus with his wife

This. Also get a second stick of RAM.

Then wait for Intel/Amd to release cpu architecture that isn't inherently flawed by all the newfound security vulnerability.

As of now, newer cpu gen aren't much better than what you have but you may be able to upgrade for cheap by ordering a cpu of china (ebay/aliexpress) and selling yours on the local market.

im on 7 on a lenovo lap

Yes it's an EGPU hooked up to my x220

Attached: 20180824_143237.jpg (5312x2988, 3.45M)

are you even able to read, you fucking retarded Jow Forums shill? we already knew they were going for 7nm, but the article is NEGATIVE in that global foundries is having issues, so amd has to switch to tsmc only

>transition from 12nm to 7nm yields a 41.6% transistor density increase per mm^2

Well given that Zen's fucking tiny already, a move to 7nm would allow them to either get 90%+ yields with no change to CCX configuration (4c/8t per CCX) OR allow them to increase CCX to 6 or 8c configs with 85%+ yields as Zen1.

All in all, giving them enough yields per wafer to maintain existing product lines. So they can basically make their cake and eat it too; and TSMC is not bounded by node material failures like Intel is struggling with for their 10nm process.

AMD still wins the supply/demand and core/thread AND IPC game.

TSMC 7nm is inferior to GloFo 7nm

But its superior to Intel's 10nm, which never delivered, and far superior to Intel's mature 14nm++++++++ process.

Didn't they just halt all their 7nm production though?

probably can't keep up with demand.
:^)
?????
profit

i just bought a r5 2600.
i'll just give it to my bro when 7nm zen2 comes out

They've been saying this for half a decade now

Replace it with the Zen2 when that releases.

Daily reminder that process sizes are a lie and you're actually buying something 5 times larger than they claim it is.

Attached: sizes.png (640x225, 14K)

Where does the 10nm and 7nm names come from? Is 10nm smaller than 7nm?

min. pitch was never the process name, not for amd or intel

explain why I should care about the size of processors pls

It matches the size of their penis.

Connected to an mPCI-e riser?

yeah because they're lying cunts and use half pitch instead of full pitch except it's not even that.

what is actually 7nm for a 7nm process node?

>smaller processor
>data needs to travel smaller distance
>it produces less extra heat to get data from one place to another
>allowing clocks to be higher if targeting the same temperature still
>makes everything faster or cooler depending on which one is more important
>uses less electricity which gives more battery life if needed
At least that's how I understand it

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAA
this has to be bait
if it isnt bait, go to school and learn to count or some shit, you have to be +18 to be here

Attached: 790-2.jpg (141x138, 5K)

It's an external slot for the gpu. Costs like $57. Connects via expresscard slot on x220.

and also
>more power in less space

Also cheaper to manufacture per transistor because you can fit more transistors into a given area, so you can either have cheaper chips or more transistors on your chip for the same price.

A bunch of the positive aspects of going smaller have diminishing returns though (e.g lower power usage and higher frequency capabilities at smaller sizes).

Now let's hear your version.

Only for epyc and workstation vega.
They still have no plan for consumer chips.
It's over.

btw:
Recent technology nodes such as 22 nm, 16 nm, 14 nm, and 10 nm refer purely to a specific generation of chips made in a particular technology. It does not correspond to any gate length or half pitch. Nevertheless, the name convention has stuck and it's what the leading foundries call their nodes.

Since around 2017 node names have been entirely overtaken by marketing with some leading-edge foundries using node names ambiguously to represent slightly modified processes. Additionally, the size, density, and performance of the transistors among foundries no longer matches between foundries. For example, Intel's 10 nm is comperable to foundries 7 nm while Intel's 7 nm is comparable to foundries 3 nm.

>he does not know how to use a search engine
how sad is your life

AMD's 7nm will be worse than nvidia's 14nm

yeah, how is your time machine going?

Fuck you, your setup is significantly better than mine and I have no plans to upgrade.

So you can't, got it.

>implying intel has a 10nm process

>Meanwhile intel will have 10nm cpus out by 2019
Globalfoundries stops 7nm development + Intel delay 10nm to 2020 anandtech.com/show/13277/globalfoundries-stops-all-7nm-development

Yeah but you don't play modern games do you

why did glofo die?

He's asking if intel's 10nm process is smaller than TSMC's 7nm process, which it is. They use different measurement methods.

Sadly I do. At 1440p.

thanks, its nice to have a translator for retarded people, but yeah if that was his question you are right

>he dosnt game at 768p master race
fuck off zoomer

I can barely run them at 720. The fuck you mean your setups is worse

Hey buddy I haven't been involved in this dumbfuck argument but you're coming off as dumber than the other guy so far. So however retarded you think he is just remember that you're at least a little more retarded than that.

can't wait for the 1nm Quantum Precision Hyper Power XZ1900 process

its the other way around

oh, so you do psychoanalysis through the internet? what a nice thread we have.

Attached: 22221107_816962688474852_6349115832869584896_n.jpg.jpg (1080x1080, 755K)

should i sell my AMD stocks now?
is this a bad thing

I wouldn't call observing that you're a dumbass psychoanalysis. If your reply helps you maintain a complete lack self awareness then good for you I guess.

thanks

no, sell them at the end of 2020 after the 7nm+ cpu blow intel 10nm

If you would have looked at the picture before sperging out you would have noticed how all the numbers are lower on 10nm row. People wouldn't have to explain it to you afterwards. Did you hear the word "special" a lot while growing up?

alright thanks user
i hope MUMMY will deliver her MILKIES

Attached: amd-lisa-su-rome-epyc.jpg (2000x1330, 638K)

i didnt, did you hear the word "projection" a lot while growing up?

Yeah the 10nm node can be smaller than the 7nm node. These days process names are completely divorced from the reality of the actual physical size of the features on the chip. E.g. most the '7nm' nodes are actually larger than intel's '10nm' node. And none have any actually features as small as 10nm.

wtf this is literally a 2011 thinkpad

As much as you are right, you do have to understand no one seriously believes Intel's going to release 10 nm even when 2020 hits. It's sort of like the boy who cried wolf at this point. If I were an intel investor I would have sold my shit as soon as they announced X299's response to threadripper ( namely the 7980xe).

>Intel's 10 nm is comperable to foundries 7 nm while Intel's 7 nm is comparable to foundries 3 nm.
how can amd even compete

NOOOOOO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I'M IN CHARGE HERE!

Attached: 1524656068185.png (653x726, 84K)

because intel's 10nm is going to be 4 years late LUL, and intel's 14nm is comparable to fountries 10nm.

GloFo fucks up yet again,
AMD gets fucked up yet again.

We live in a clown universe

the funny thing is that OP is probably a Jow Forums shill who thought it was GOOD news "amd moves to 7 nm gpus..." ahahahahaha oh no no no aaaaaaaahhhhhh

They used to use the gate length as the node size.

Now they use the smallest technically possible, most perfectly etched half-gate as a reference with voodoo math based on the expected electrostatic characteristics of their lithography implementation.
Welcome to modern marketing.

Back end metal pitches have literally NEVER been used to describe a process name, nor are these relevant to front end feature size
You're just an idiot.

>They used to use the gate length as the node size.
That hasn't been the case since 2000~

Process nodes are named for the min line they can etch with one exposure based on the tooling they use. Thats why we have "14/16nm class" nodes, because its going by ASML definitions for the industry.

Attached: lithot1.jpg (300x389, 21K)

and you think amd didnt had a contigency to be smart and ask tsmc about samples too and compare them?

yeah no..

are you the same user from a couple of weeks ago that was constantly shilling buying 10 years old cpus from intel vs ryzens?

>>Intel's 10nm is comparable to foundries 7 nm.
It "was" but rumor has it that they have had to scale back their node shrink since they are having trouble hitting it.
So probably not any more.

Attached: 1491267657880.jpg (500x351, 40K)

IT'S OVER INTLEL IS FINISHED