Scrap computer thread #2

Where do you get your scrap computers at?

Attached: HP_dc5800.jpg (800x600, 35K)

Find them on the street.

curbside, nigga!

At your house.

T. Tyrone. Thanks cuz

No, you dispose of them and buy something new, fast and power-efficient to actually use.

Computers are something even the poor can afford with how very cheap they are.

lol I get mine at work, therefore I’m not a tyrone

dumpsters, friends & family who are getting new ones or have old ones taking up space, and curbsides. I know people who got them when their schools were getting new ones and from work.

publicsurplus.com

This. Daughter drug home two laptops last year off curb. One is her DD now.

Wal-Mart has several vendors that sell refurbished machines for around 100 shipped. I'm using two of them now.

People throw out some good stuff, I've found i7 machines (that work) in the trash

Why are you digging in the trash

I'm warning you now. There is nothing salvageable from a Windows Vista computer. Nothing.

I have a friend who works for the gob so whenever some government building replaces old stuff he calls me to take whatever I want. Some weeks ago I got an IBM 2121 that way.

>drug home

How is the fact that her daugher is white trash nor more alarming to you?

You think the pre-installed OS matters that much?

Cables and wires, and screws at very least. Always nice to have a couple of SATA cables on hand.

Core 2 Duos are still perfectly usable in 2018. You can also get the HDD, DVD drive, and power supply along with any cables. I know you wangtards have some kind of hatred for wangblows vista, but you don't have to use it.

>Reusing perfectly good electronics
Oh wow look at the poorfag who isn't buying this years newest MacBook Pro.

liquidation sales, acquaintances, ebay, flea markets, bulk wastes

Power efficiency is the only real point here. A shit old desktop like these can still find use as a small home server. I have a 7 year old laptop as a home server and it does the job just fine.

No, I'm just scared his daughter may be too attached to her dad like most white trash. She needs to leave him to die in a retirement home like a normal human being.

Especially flea markets. This one retard sold me a 8gb ram sandy i5 optiplex for $50.

I should clarify, the room for IT waste at my workplace

what is this supposed to mean?what are these vendors?