Why do you guys use Linux? It's obviously not for functionality because windows can literally do way more

Why do you guys use Linux? It's obviously not for functionality because windows can literally do way more

Attached: pizza.jpg (1536x1585, 1.03M)

we use linux bcuz we r so k00l lolxD am i rite?? linux is so top tier so we use it because we r hackerzz. i use linxu becaue im totally not a contrarian!!

Yeah! Windows by Microsoft can do way more things than that old shitty thing Linux,
Things like
-Mining your Data
-Giving full access to your PC to anyone who wants it
-Updates that break literally everything (and that come every 2 weeks)
And more!

See

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: info.jpg (610x400, 47K)

contrarianism

Because Windows broke and Linux was the easiest solution to access my data via live boot. Liked it, installed it. Simple as that.
It's beyond me why Jow Forums cares so much about the choice in software of other people.

its fun
its lightweight
its comfy
something something freedom
free (not like i dont have enough windows keys tho)
control
customisation

Attached: fgd.jpg (191x264, 8K)

Linux is like configuring your pizza so that the cheese doesn’t slide to one side of the our in transit and when you take a slice out there’s no cheese that sticks to the others that then pulls the toppings off the slice in hand.

its fun (cli is fun for me i have autism)
that's it
and doesn't spy on you, not you like care I guess

I am always dissapointed my GNU + Linux system can't run all the malware that windows can

>(not like i dont have enough windows keys tho)
cringe

>cli
What is this? Sorry if I sounded accusatory in my original post. I have autism also lol

>Why do you guys use Linux?
Because it works, and I never have to restart for updates or deal with blue screen bullshit.
>It's obviously not for functionality because windows can literally do way more
Like what, bideo bames? Linux can run any office suite or other productivity software you'd ever need on a home PC, or even 90% of office PCs. Even MS Office will work fine in a web browser now, and old versions run great in WINE. Tell us, faggot, what can't Linux do?

Attached: 18c159b208326277019025b0bdaf60e72cc6d069f60fd5ba7f81f117200cce18.gif (511x305, 3.69M)

Not him but it's 'command line interface', aka terminal. And yeah, your main post sounded completely like a typical, Linux BTFO/sucks bait thread. Not that I care, I wouldn't have responded if I wasn't answering the cli question.

GNU/Linux is free as in free beer and freedom for user not to use commercial software.

fuck now I'm hungry for pizza

fuck you op

Yeah sorry about that dude, im working on my communication skills

I am too dude, but im trying to diet a little

me too, but I'm bulking... I just can't bulk on the shittiest carbs

>Why do you guys use Linux?
Pedophilia. Microsoft would rat them out. You know this thought or you wouldn't have posted CP.

>Even MS Office will work fine in a web browser now
Do you really need to use MS office inside of a web browser, because that's important to me. I need office for school and if I can't work offline then fuck linux.

>why do you use something that works
Look at this. I can get a full featured desktop and web browser that runs on literally any garbage hardware with half a gig of RAM or better. In before Windows XP, name something that's actually updated still. And unlike XP this won't rot away on my disk or get extra toolbars.

Attached: 2018-08-28-211140_1400x1050_scrot.png (1400x1050, 1.05M)

You sound really mad.

So you're saying linux is the poor mans OS. Got it.

Because it just works

>lol u don't like eating shit?!?!
>who doesn't like shit??
>I paid $299 for this turd, what are you poor lol?
(You)

a sleek linux bistro makes every trash pc usable again. it always breaks my heart when i see people trying to replace their facebook machines because "it boots so slowly" or "isn't snappy enough anymore". this shitbox is 8 years old. while windows does run it's pretty sluggish. now it serves as a shitpostingbox, media center and casual retro game machine. best thing is once it breaks i can get a replacement for money i can find between my couch cushions

So why did you brag about using linux on old and shitty hardware? Sounds like you're targeting people who can't afford good hardware.

tutturu~

kek kek everyday this thread filtering normies/zoomers from my board. Thanks OP

>using a distro with systemdisease

>Why do you guys use Linux? It's obviously not for functionality because windows can literally do way more

I've been using GNU/Linux for a decade at this point so I am biased but I fail to see how doing the most basic thing I can think of on one's operating system, installing software, could be more of a trainwreck than on Windows 10. When I ask people how they do this they say "Easy, just Google the program, click on a few buttons, land on a website, download the .exe, and then run!" but ... that is so many steps. On my current machine I Open a terminal (alt+enter) and type `sudo apt install ${software}`. Done.

Then uninstalling the software is even more of a trainwreck. I don't get it!

But user, OP says you're poor if you don't pay $10k every other year for a new fap machine.

The point is to target all hardware and have as little overhead as possible. Why should anyone need 8GB of RAM to run an OS, desktop shell/wm, and a browser? That's ridiculous. All you're using the OS for is to launch and manage other programs, and the largest amount of resources possible should go to the programs, not to a fancy start menu animation or candy crush shortcuts.

You can install something without it.

That's it bois. Pack it up.

THIS. It's just so easy to deal with programs if you just get over the fear of the terminal. Don't think I could ever go back to Windows.

How do you even know you're getting a secure link to the correct software without going to the distributor's web page