/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Post your questions here

>Read
→ →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

old thread:

Attached: 24 crop.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kitabxana.net/files/books/file/1354098277.pdf
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
github.com/gcarq/inoxunpack
cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/Z77_Express.html
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05187579
youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44
lmgtfy.com/?q=google ncr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do all fighting games have to have a "furry who almost has her titties out but not quite" character

Sometimes when I go type in the quick reply box or regular reply it will try and copy and paste either

-Captcha image
-last image I clicked mon
-Last few images I clicked on.

I had this problem with 3 different computers, all on firefox and waterfox. I was just wondering if any of you guys had this issue.
Also this has been happening for at least 3 years.

It happens without or without ublock origin.
It happens regardless of how many anti-viruses I have
it happens even when I used 3 different mouses, 2 different keyboards and 2 different routers +modems

This problem seems very consistent however I have not heard of this issue happening to someone else.

Attached: 1534897859820.png (500x359, 269K)

Fan service

cute drawing of me

Attached: 1535271144862.jpg (720x711, 143K)

Explain your problem...

When I click on the reply box it tries to paste links to pictures I clicked on (this site)

Its not too bad but sometimes it will paste a captcha link and that is miles long to delete.

What the fuck are you even talking about. None
of that shit happens

Anyone have a trusted download link for DirectX 8?
I don't trust the websites google finds for me.

>None of that shit happens
Then I have no idea what this is. Its randomly pasting links everytime when I click on the mouse.

I will record it to show what it's doing.

i want to bypass country restrictions in youtube soundcloud anghami etc, any good mozilla add on?

>almost has her titties out
>almost

Attached: images.jpg (342x430, 20K)

got some bluetooth in ear headphones, the sound is decent but they have a constant static noise wich you can hear even with low volume, is this supposed to be a normal thing for wireless headphones or they are just crap?

don't remember the name but it's some anker from amazon

Attached: FB_IMG_1535473683559.jpg (707x473, 35K)

What are some neat things I can do with flashdrives? I've got a bunch of unused 32gb flash drives.

What is a better alternative to this kitabxana.net/files/books/file/1354098277.pdf

I'm forced to use this for a class, but I've heard that this book is garbage and I want to get a physical book on the same material

live distros, keychain utility, fill them with CP and leave unattended at some Starbuck

literally the first result on google

What is a good, non-botnet browser that supports noscript captcha?

I am officially spooked from google and firefox and want to start using something that isn't a modern rendition of Big Brother.

>Jow Forums has literally been warning me about this for years

I didn't listen, please forgive my idiotic belief things weren't as bad as they actually are.

Attached: 1512689613968.jpg (1920x1200, 312K)

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

Do we have a good guide for windows 10 spyware disabling and de bloating? I just bought a laptop and would prefer to keep my anime titties to myself and not the government

what is this botnet and how can I fix it

Attached: winshit.png (1255x746, 51K)

Nice, I'll start researching some light distros.

Is there an updated version of the modded spotify apk Ala Dogfood?

you are a boss, thank you! Hopefully this will be the last post the jewgle sees from me.

i want to nakadashi felicia

newb question, but how do I add an adblock and a noscript captcha to ungoogled chromium?

You have to download them and drag them to the extension tab.
I use this github.com/gcarq/inoxunpack
use. Copy the extensions long ass random name and put it to the cli and get the folder to drago ver

No. Spotify got their shit together and banned everything. Nothing but the legit apks work now.

What does 115x LM on my motherboard means? It's on a MSI Z77a G45 board if it helps

get 8.1

It's a cooler compatibility reference. It means you can mount a cooler from any of the 115x series cpu's on it. they are all compatible, hardware-wise.

dang, i thought i would be able to mount the newer haswell chips on those. Thanks for replying!

no, your chipset (the z77a part of your product name) is what determines what cpu you can run like 99% of the time. some chipsets support more than one socket, but it's not common at all. Your chipset is likely 1155, and the best cpu you can get is a 3770k.

cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/Z77_Express.html

here's some more info.

that second "chipset" was supposed to be "socket"

Kill me.

would an HDMI/-/DVI-D cable work in my DVI-I gpu? the HDMI part goes to screen and the DVI-D to GPU (DVI-I)

it should, buy a cheap cable and find out. the specs on dvi are weird but I think all of them support the copyright protection standard and so does hdmi, so it should work.

Thanks m8, actually I was trying to use a VGA-DVI-I adapter but maybe my shitty screen can't tell the gpu to give analogic signal instead of digital.

digital-to-analog adapter are super finicky, I was trying to get mine to support 1368x700 (or something like that) and that's when I discovered it wouldn't work at all if it wasn't a perfect 16:9 aspect ratio. I had another one that wouldn't transmit any video if you connected a device to the 3.5mm jack (that was probably a broken device, but still)

I had some crappy apk that would always give me crash errors and I couldn't take it anymore so I deleted it. At least T-Mobile gave people pandora for free today so I got something at least. Thank you.

where does one go to learn about sys admin

How the fuck do I edit PDFs without paying some ridiculous subscription just to edit some fucking text. Is there any decent free shit, or should I try finding a cracked version of acrobat?

Please help. I've got a problem with creating a new listing on eBay. I have about 90 items currently for sale on eBay. The other day I went to create a new one and it requested I pay 53c for it. For "insertion fees". That normally means adding a subtitle, but it is blank. I contacted support, but that three days ago. No response. I don't know what the issue could be. The help section implies that if too few items go unsold you will start paying fees, but it doesn't explicitly explain if this is the case here, if it will reverse, how many need to go unsold before it is initiated. It is fucking frustrating. I'm just sitting on my thumbs for days waiting for eBay to contact me back.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-33-45.png (1080x1920, 152K)

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05187579

This is the laptop I own now. I want to upgrade it with 2x4gb of DDR4-2133 and a 500gb SSD. Is this possible?

No, ddr3l and ddr4 are not the same sodimm socket. The hdd is probably possible if they have spinning media installed in the pc, but look up a guide and make sure your motherboard has sata3 support and see if anyone else has done the same on a similar laptop.

I want to run Linux as my main operating system, but I also want to run Windows 7 or 10 in a VM so I can play games and use windows apps like I do now. I've dabbled in puppylinux and ubuntu for older pc's because it's more lightweight and I thought it would be a nice change, but I rarely got anywhere with it.

Is the overhead from a VM a big deal? How hard is routing through hot plug (usb, thunderbolt) hardware to a VM? What kind of performance dip should I be expecting if I get it working smoothly? What will be my limitations?

Please assume I have lots of hardware to test on, because I do, but not all of it is modern.

tl:dr is a VM a good stand-in for an actual windows desktop enviroment?

Wait, CPU-Z says it's DDR4. Which should I believe?

>running windows in a vm
save yourself the trouble and do dual boot pls
also afaik you can add an physical partition as a virtual disk in vbox

>save yourself the trouble and do dual boot pls
t. too stupid to use qemu

usb hotplugging is basically flawless, you tell qemu which ID's to forward and what kind of usb host to emulate and it handles the translation automagically.

-device qemu-xhci,id=xhci -device usb-host,bus=xhci.0,vendorid=0x046d,productid=0x0826

Example of usb passthrough in case you were curious. Super easy to do.

Should I install my OS on the SSD or my HDD if I'm planning to use StoreMi? StoreMi manual says it better to install on the HDD but I always thought it was better to install on the SSD for OS's?

Attached: 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor-page-044_575px.jpg (678x381, 38K)

>DNS Records
>set an A Record for MyDomain.com to point to my server's IP
>visit MyDomain.com
>the browser changes MyDomain.com to the IP it's pointing to
>this happens on multiple machines
What the fuck is going on here? I've never had A Records do this before...

Attached: 1485953202093.gif (631x339, 958K)

Your webserver does that dumbass.

Oh.

Attached: 1481240484537.jpg (300x300, 50K)

there are some free tools, but i'd say the cracked adobe suite is the way to go. you might even still be able to download the trial and just apply the crack if nothing has changed in recent years. if you're downloading from public trackers beware of the malware infested fakes. the adobe stuff is pretty popular and therefor an easy way to spread malware.

is there any chance that i am being watched by people? (no corporations) i mean by undetectable programs in windows, android, false redirects when searching in google?

Okay, I've been watching those videos where AI learn to play games. I'm fucking baffled by these, my dudes. How the hell do the AI even know to do anything? Like. what prompts them to even attempt to play the game, and how do they learn dying or losing at the game isn't the intended outcome?

Attached: 625.jpg (480x360, 12K)

you just gotta dab on them niggas man....

I'm running Manjaro ArchLinux and running dual monitors HDMI I'm getting the weirdest shit. Extend normally? Black screen with broken symbols, only when I hover the mouse on that screen. Same with unified output. But if I set it to landscape or upside down the desktop shows and behaves normally. What the fuck?

Hard mode: solve it without additional package downloading because I don't have internet at my new place and don't have the data to update this whore over mobile.

Okay, the first two resets didn't work but the third one did. Nevermind I guess?

How important is a data structures course if I already took and aced discrete math? The cs students at my uni have a choice to take one or the other. I'm a bio/mathfag wanting to get into programming. I took two semesters of intro to programming at uni, but want to learn more on my own. Also, from some reading I've done on this course, it appears algorithms are also taught in this course. I have never been formally trained in algorithms in any class. Are there any fundamental algorithms I should be aware of?

>how do they learn dying or losing at the game isn't the intended outcome
there needs to be a "score" showing how well it did
in super mario for example the score would be how far to the right it went
then changes to the algorithm are introduced and if the change improves the score you keep the change.

youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44
this vid has a decent explanation on how it works

I've had this prob for quite some time now, the clock on my e71 used to go 15-30' behind over the course of months/weeks, and today I tested it within an hour it was lagging 8 minutes behind..
Does anyone have a clue what this could be? Supposed got a refurbished or at least newer battery, otherwise it's seen little use over the last years.
It's my glorified alarm clock, pls I do't know what to do without it.

Attached: 1516395697833.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

Install it on the HDD, storemi will cache anything that needs the speed boost on the SSD

I know there's automatic time sync with a/the service provider, yet the condition is getting worse, leading me to think it's somehow hardware-related, like the cpu isn't oscillating as many times as needed for times to match up or idunno. Weirdly enough, the alarm function works (or worked) as normally (that is, it rings) when the phone is turned off.

Is it at all possible to begin installation of windows using CMD while booting from a bootable windows USB. I cant get past "required cd/dvd" bullshit when installing Win7 and at this point i tried everything and nothing works.

>got a refurbished Toshiba Dynabook T55 laptop
>battery was stuck at 99% charging, 4 minutes to full charge but never actually going to 100
>took the battery out and put it back in, nothing
>updated BIOS, now it goes to 2 minutes to full charge before getting stuck

What do now?

I just received an SMS with a confirmation code from Facebook but I don't have any Facebook account. There is also an unknown number there.

What is this? Anyone knows?

Has someone my number and is trying to use it to create a Facebook account with it?

Go back to wherever you bought it from, you got sold dodgy shit and thays that

Crap. If the headphones and the transmitter (phone, pc) have independent volume, try reducing volume on the headphones and increase it digitally at the source.

How long have you had that phone number?

Is the only I have had.

Can I detach a laptop's screen and use it as a monitor for a new desktop?

Attached: [Admisrsr] Child Adult _ Child & Adult (Touhou Project) [English] [Toks] - Chapter - 27.jpg (706x500, 135K)

it's very unlikely to happen
basically no (afaik)

Is there a way to get /ncr back in google?

look for lcd controllers on ebay and ask the chinky sellers about one for your specific panel type.

what

also, you should stop posting in these threads if you don't know what you're talking about.

lmgtfy.com/?q=google ncr

After doing a bit of research, I found I was actually confusing two different courses: data structures and discrete structures. The latter is what discrete math can be substituted for. The course description of data structures says it's covers lists, ques, stacks, that sort of stuff. Seems pretty fundamental stuff so I won't be skipping it. The course description for discrete structures almost sounds the same as for discrete math, so what's the difference between the two courses?

I want to disable localized search results.

I have this old MOBO, does it support them fancy NVME SSDs? Even for booting?

Attached: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3.jpg (982x1000, 406K)

What is a good Latex for android? Is there any Latex app for android at all?

Are Dell's UltraSharp monitors worth it or am I going to pay their brand at an increased premium to cover their advertisement strategy? What could be an alternative? I don't care about response times. I need reliability and color precision for graphical work.

I bought a cradle for archibing my Photos and Videos and recently did my first data transfer so I can clear space on my other HDDs.
Problem is just: I set this all up on Linux and moved the dtata there (I didnt delete it locally yet) but somehow my Win10 installation doesnt recognize anything
I made sure to partition it on NTFS but it still shows up as "unallocated space"

What do? Just flatten it and redo it on Windows? I heard Linux' NTFS support is kinda wonky at times

Attached: External_Drive.png (755x265, 16K)

I am running a python script from terminal. How can I exit the python script with a command to the shell, eg to change to directory or run vim in a certain directory?

>Z68
No. It's a couple generations too old.

>I made sure to partition it on NTFS but it still shows up as "unallocated space"
>What do?
go to the search bar in windows
search for cmd
highlite it, hold ctrl+shift and press enter
cmd prompt will come up in with admin privs, type password if needed
in the command prompt type
diskpart
list disk

there should be a list of drives. find the one you want to format, insert that number where X is below

select disk X
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=ntfs quick
assign
exit
exit

Thanks for the info, I know how to format disks. I've done it a thousand times
My question was. Should I do it? Is there another way without having to again spend 4 hours copying files over?

>No. It's a couple generations too old.

FUCK. Is there a a MOBO that supports both NVME and the i5 2500k CPU? Or am I fucked and need to upgrade everything if I want a taste of NVME?

I can't, I bought it at such a deep discount I apparently cannot return it

> (You)
>Install it on the HDD, storemi will cache anything that needs the speed boost on the SSD

Got it thank you.

>Thanks for the info, I know how to format disks. I've done it a thousand times
Move the data back to another drive, then format the disk how I told you. It will work next time.

>Is there a a MOBO that supports both NVME and the i5 2500k CPU?
No. You can get a PCIe adapter, but it isn't really worth it. What are you trying to use the NVMe for? You can Raid0 a couple SSDs together for faster storage, or make a ram disk. I do the ram disk often when I need to compress or expand an archive like a .7z or .zip file. It's faster than NVMe.

What programming language should I learn first? I'm about to go to college for comp sci and want a head start. I'm thinking about going for a Network Security career but not sure.

C#, C or C++? Java? CSS?

Attached: 1530163959566.png (400x400, 79K)

>You can Raid0 a couple SSDs together for faster storage

Thanks, I didn't even think about that possibility. Is the speed really as good as a Samsung Pro NVME? I need the speed since loading my thousands and thousands of images really takes a long time.

C -> C++ -> C#. java is the retarded brother of c#, css is not a programming language. You might be talking about javascript, which is handy to know but its a fucking brainrot.

What makes you recommend going to the 3 in that order instead of learning just C# from the get-go? Also is Java just dull and convoluted or outdated?

>Is the speed really as good as a Samsung Pro NVME? I need the speed since loading my thousands and thousands of images really takes a long time.
It's twice as fast as one SSD, but not as fast as NVMe. What are you trying to 'load' the images into?

C#ecked

>I'M GONNA CHECK IT!.png
Checked.

Witnessed.

I want to transfer large files between two laptops via ethernet. But what type of cable should I use? Cat 5, cat 6 or cat 7? Crossover or straight?