Any good upgrade or sidegrade for the Xonar STX?

Seldomly I have one problem when I pause the Foobar while having the output on ASIO and there is one youtube video playing on chrome.

The audio volume goes to the maximum while outputing a very high noise.

I can't stand this shit anymore. Also ASUS doesn't release any update to the drivers.

My headphones: Senn HD-600, ATH m50x and Sennheiser HD-25-II.

Attached: 91EF674RkQL._SX425_.jpg (425x317, 22K)

Nobody uses internal sound cards anymore, just external dacs

Desk space?
Lack of power outlets?
Convenience?

I use the same and don't have any issues. Running 8.1 x64 and the inofficial drivers. They may help.

Internal is better in a huge PC build if you need to power 600 Ohm headphones. Most don't require sound cards anymore, only high ohm ones need that.

Nobody uses internal sound cards anymore, just superior crab sound

Attached: Craberooni.gif (1200x1096, 88K)

External DACs are overpriced pieces of shit that don't even have meme features like digital EQ built into drivers or meme virtual surround sound. Often times they're flawed in design like Schitt's entire shit stack and you're better off with onboard audio

HDMI out from vidya card to receiver. Fuck your deskspace user.

crabbi aproves this message

Attached: Craberooni_dab.gif (1000x743, 2.53M)

How can you even compete?

Attached: Bassfläusche.jpg (3840x2160, 3.02M)

i love crabposters

Attached: 1529125097882.jpg (961x816, 239K)

By buying sennheiser

I'm using this same sound card. Worth it my dude. I have no need to upgrade.

they're already pointless so if any of that matters, you should just not buy one and use onboard.

An amp is also pointless unless you have very hard to drive headphones (like my 600ohm beyers, for example).

>The audio volume goes to the maximum while outputing a very high noise.

Disable normalisation.
Normalisation tries to even out all the different apps in volume, and when the only sound is noise it maxes out the noise so turn it off.

Is there a DP to DP+3.5mm converter out there?

>he doesn't have both

Attached: IMG_20180829_050638.jpg (3120x4160, 1.87M)

>The audio volume goes to the maximum while outputing a very high noise
This is the exact reason why I stopped using asio, this shit also happens randomly after a song ends instead of playing the next one on foobar.

No

Attached: T1-Schnecke.jpg (3840x2160, 3.08M)

Desk space constraints? Wut?

Attached: 230-148_HR_0.jpg (1800x1800, 204K)

Love this sound card. It's old now but still better than modern onboard (which has come a long way).

I also don't want extra shit on my desk, and I like that I can switch between headphone and speakers with a satisfying clickclack from the card

Drivers aren't updated but I find they still work, try reinstall the ones you have? I suppose you've already tried though

Sound hardware doesn't age. You can take 20 year old headphones and they are still modern in terms of hardware.

It's not that it ages, it's that it gets outdated and replaced by better technology.

Essence STX is still better than onboard and some desktop solutions

The STX II is barely different. Sound cards are often not required anymore today. Onboard sound got much better.

Really think today's onboard sound is better than the STX II?

I've been thinking of going mATX but I haven't really wanted to ditch my sound card for it (I want to leave space for the gpu to breathe)

>digital EQ

Some have DSP but you should really just use equalizer APO for that.

ALC 1220's max SNR of 120 on a limited range of boards still can't match the 124 of the Essence STX. Onboard sound does get better, true, but still isn't entirely on par spec-wise.

Alright that's kinda nice to hear. I think I'll be keeping my sound card for quite some time.

>hd518
hello my fellow grillnigga

they've been excellent headphones. As of december i'll have had them 4 years.

Now that I have the beyers fully restored though, I want something warmer and closed back since the beyers are pretty bright.

The HD518s are more of a jack of all trades

Those numbers are meaningless, since they're just copy-pasted from the spec sheet of the audio CODEC installed on the boards.

What matters is how well-implemented those chips are on their boards, which usually limits on-board audio to a dynamic range of about 100 dB on a good day. This is what creates the "screeching" noise you often hear out of computer speakers.

Dedicated sound cards aren't perfect either, and you'll be very hard-stressed to get over 115 dB or so of practical dynamic range out of a good sound card in a real PC. Still, considerably better, and the noise you get out of them tends to be subjectively less irritating.

(Picture half unrelated, I have no idea of the context, lol.)

Attached: oppo-btfo.jpg (1000x1634, 1.11M)

Works on my machine OP. There's really no need to upgrade from that card.