This guy just shut out half of Silicon Valley for supporting ICE

This guy just shut out half of Silicon Valley for supporting ICE
twitter.com/jamiebuilds/status/1009536275903156224
He's applying the license to babel, yarn, and other core Javascript projects
github.com/jamiebuilds/license
Oh, and pic related
twitter.com/jamiebuilds/status/971473570554511360/photo/1

Attached: jamiebuilds.jpg (940x825, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/lerna/lerna/pull/1616
opensource.org/osd
github.com/jamiebuilds/license/blob/master/README.md
ice.gov/worksite
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a literally who gets mad on GitHub
WOW THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN EVERYDAY
> babel, yarn, and other core Javascript projects
WOW THIS WILL TOTALLY COME TO PASS AND WONT GET SHUTDOWN BY FOSS FAGGOTS THE SAME WAY THEY SHUTDOWN THE "EVIL" CLAUSE IN CROWFORDS JSON SPEC
>You
WOW YOU ARE TOTALLY NOT A FAGGOT WHO SHOULD KILL HIMSELF

A thread died for this, instead of getting butthurt, how about you close the web browser, and don't post this inconsequential garbage onto Jow Forums.
sage for Silicon Valley faggotry

Attached: 1355078768925.png (940x1244, 536K)

github.com/lerna/lerna/pull/1616 got merged into Lerna already. Also seen is the creator of Babel. Lets hope this burns the JS ecosystem.

>This guy just shut out half of Silicon Valley for supporting ICE
Good. ICE should be abolished.

Cue "15 images that will make you say 'fuck having borders and laws n shit'"

Attached: Screenshot_20180828-212555_Firefox.jpg (1080x1990, 593K)

Go back to Jow Forums fucking faggot, no one likes brainlets like you.

Does xe mean ICE or does xe mean CBP?

Fucking moral normalfags, wanting a better world instead of immediate gratification.

He should be sued into poverty.

Attached: 1476918506893.png (511x601, 501K)

And that is a good thing

You just triggered all Jow Forumsniggers on Jow Forums

And how is he going to enforce this? License doesn't mean shit. Does xir have the funds to sue or bring people to Court? I'm going to make a pro ice app using his shit and send it to him.

Why would anyone care? No one on Jow Forums is in silicon Valley.

I'll make the logo

Ps. Make it a spic reporting app with camera functionality

>I'm going to begin switching all my open source projects over to a modified version of the MIT license to prohibit use by fascists

he said as all of his project instantly became obsolete.

Cool, all those companies suck anyway. Why isn't Hon Hai/Foxconn, Pegatron, Infosys, etc on his list though

Real life isn't as trivial as you simplify it, switching a big project over to a different interface is not free by any means. Especially real software and not meme fizzbuzz with more different patterns used than libraries of dependencies.

I'm not an amazing programmer, especially since his shit is for nodejs, maybe do something like a Twitter scraper that grabs all mentions of addresses, and names, and report it to ice, so you can report a suspected illegal to ice from info they posted.

fuck off and die commie scum. some of us enjoy having a country you little soros pawn

all they have to do is use his tools from before the new license. really not a big deal until something breaks

>fuck off and die commie scum
What does communism have to do with this you low IQ cum slurping subliterate inbred redneck?

>give birth in foreign country
>bring toddler to foreign country
>WOOOWWW why is my toddler's life so unstable

Attached: 1524866279501.jpg (784x643, 79K)

plz kill yourself!

Glorious. I really hope he actively defends it too.

no u

>javascript projects
yawn.

genocidal shit sucker

This change to the license means it's no longer Open Source, and so all this will do is quietly be ignored and one of these companies will just fork the old version of the software before it was broken.

Congrats to these people that are loudly and publicly relearning all the worse ways to do licenses that the open source community learned to not do in the early 90s, back when people would commonly write stuff like non-commercial clauses and "fuck the system!" clauses into their software to have it stagnate.

>This guy just shut out half of Silicon Valley for supporting ICE
The majority of Silicon Valley doesn't support ICE.

t. Silicon Valley

>This change to the license means it's no longer Open Source
Open Source doesn't mean anybody is free to use it.
Open Source means the source is open (to the public).
Licenses still apply. Copyright still applies. The creator can still do basically whatever they want.

Based.

Jow Forums doesn't understand the real world isn't their hugbox

>lerna
>faggy "monorepo" bullshit
>nonfree license

seems like nothing of value was lost today.

Leave

Attached: 9181739.jpg (500x600, 108K)

This. They're digressing now. If you discriminate who can use open source, it's not really open source.

I have lawyers youll get sued.

People will just fork it and continue development without his shitty license.

>AF-MIT

People would probably use GPL before this.

>If you discriminate who can use open source, it's not really open source.
FAKE NEWS

>ask for a rational immigration policy instead of sanctuary cities, endless amounts of 'refugees' and economic migrants
>ask for a 'real conversation' in regards to race, crime and low achievement to avoid riots due to police shootings, discrimination in employment and training, and so on
>ask to put america, the country we all live in, to put its own people first so the citizens of such country have a chance at a future
>ask for accountability in government to keep the system working not shadow government, pay for play and trial by media
>not reality
The only people who live in a hugbox are leftists who believe that more diversity, immigration, and a continuation of policies that broke the current system make any sense anymore.

>AF didn't exist before

This, these bubble world developers will realize that the system can and will go on with or without them.

No. It's open source software, not libre software.

Why is Jow Forums thread kept alive for so long?
You KNOW this thread is only going to be flooded with Jow Forums schizos, right?
Do your job, janny.

Attached: 1520778897693.jpg (900x900, 155K)

>just
t. memer with no real world experience

>>He's applying the license to babel, yarn, and other core Javascript projects

[citation needed]

If you fork it after the license change then changes to the license would be a violation of the license and charges could be laid, as would using the software i violation of the license.

The real issue is if he has framed the license in a way that can't be loopholed.

Why do you hate the White Race so much?

We should counter this with an anti faggot license

> Copyright (c) Jow Forums
> This license is granted to everyone except for the following entities and any of their subsidiaries:
> "Faggots"
> "People using gender pronouns in their twitter profiles"
> "Furries"
> "Communists"
> "You're wife's sons"
>

Attached: 1530166539633.jpg (4032x3024, 941K)

Fucking facist

>accuse other people of living in a bubble
>appeal to authority to shut down a conversation you don't like
SV and SV companies have been grandstanding in this political debate since Trump was elected, it's not surprising at all that some 'js koder' has followed the Rust team in putting his political stance into his products.

So this is completely relevant now as tech is becoming more and more politicised due to the cancerous SF/SV politics coming into it.

Coal is coming back thanks to God Emperor Trump and so is intel

You are wife's sons.

ya good luck with that. he's gonna need to get a lot of people to sign off on this shit. even the retard at lerna who accepted this bullshit implied "copyright assignment was implicit" of contributing which is legally wrong. these people are going to get sued.

I'll back this.

It will literally do nothing to any of the companies they are targetting since none will be taken to court ever and even if they do they have massive legal divisions. Why does this thread even exist?

>common sense is fascism

Attached: collegedropout.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

I don't hate white race, I hate white trash like you who believes he's somehow inherently superior to a non white by the color of the skin.
>>accuse other people of living in a bubble
>>appeal to authority to shut down a conversation you don't like
That describes Jow Forums for me. >it's not surprising at all that some 'js koder' has followed the Rust team in putting his political stance into his products.
And you are bitching because he didn't cater to your hugbox?

Attached: 1509974932596.png (1024x707, 53K)

>nonfree software

fuck off.

>Open Source doesn't mean anybody is free to use it.
Yes, it does. It just means it isn't free to use for all purposes. Open source must be open to all peoples, just not for all purposes.

He's gonna get trolled. Really easy to crank out a "Report to ICE" app.

ICE should be abolished, it's irrecoverable at this point. They're flagrant human rights violators.
>b-but wif no ICE who will stop the wetbacks?
The fucking CBP you short bus retards. ICE was created under the Bush administration, you think we just had open borders before that?

>ANTI-FASCIST LICENSE

Attached: 1535081033368.jpg (1294x478, 115K)

>implying
Most of Jow Forumsniggers are self-loathing mulatto shitskins larping as stormfags

CBP protects the border.

ICE hunts illegal immigrants, they don't serve the same purpose at all.

It is open to all people, it's just limited in who can USE it.

So, effectively, he's forbidding himself to use it? It'd be easier for him to shut down his projects.

>describes Jow Forums for me
You can go there right now and make a thread counter to the right wing opinions that are the norm there. If you are't obviously trolling, then you will get a debate.

If you try as a right winger to do that on Reddit or any other leftist stronghold, you'll be immediately banned and have your thread deleted, in other words censored because you aren't entitled to an opinion which is contrary to that of others.

>hugbox
What hugbox? Wanting rational thought to return to political discourse and public policy.

My personal stance is that I want software and technology to be apolitical. That was the primary reason I moved out of SV because I couldn't stand the constant politics in everything on top of everything else there.

MIT is more free then your commie software

The clause at the top is bigoted and likely illegal for one, two that's not the mit license.

Oppressed and ignorant people feel threatened by your logic and use social justice and mob tactics along with intimidation to attempt to harm people like you.

Copyright (c) Jamie Kyle This license is granted to everyone except for the following entities and any of their subsidiaries: - "Microsoft Corporation" (for working with ICE) - "Palantir Technologies" (for working with ICE) - "Amazon.com, Inc." (for abusive treatment of workers and for working with ICE) - "Northeastern University" (for working with ICE) - "Ernst & Young" (for working with ICE) - "Thomson Reuters" (for working with ICE) - "Motorola Solutions" (for working with ICE) - "Deloitte Consulting LLP" (for working with ICE) - "John Hopkins University" (for working with ICE) - "Dell Inc" (for working with ICE) - "Xerox Corporation" (for working with ICE) - "Canon Inc" (for working with ICE) - "Vermont State Colleges" (for working with ICE) - "Charter Communications"/"Spectrum"/"Time Warner Cable" (for working with ICE) - "LinkedIn Corporation" (for working with ICE) - "United Parcel Service Co" (for working with ICE) - "Walmart Inc" (for abusive treatment of workers) - "Sears Holding Corporation" (for abusive treatment of workers) - "Apple Inc" (for abusive treatment of workers) - "Tyson Foods Inc" (for abusive treatment of workers) - "Target Corporation" (for union busting and anti-union propaganda) - "The H&M group" (for abusive treatment of workers) - "Tesla, Inc" (for abusive treatment of workers)

Attached: images (12).jpg (384x384, 17K)

Good on you acknowledging that. But we just don't need ICE, they're a stain on this country's government. If we want to stop illegals, there's plenty of good policies we could implement, like preventing corporations from using them as cheap labor. Unfortunately the White House is too busy slobbering on corp dick.

It is when you can't go two sentences without being a fucking white supremacist.

>preventing corporations from using them as cheap labor
Dude what do you think ICE fucking does all day?

For the benefit of those too lazy to click through.

Attached: 2018-08-29 07_15_30-anti-fascist-mit-license_LICENSE at master ยท jamiebuilds_anti-fascist-mit-licen (659x721, 47K)

No, there are no constraints on who can use it. This is part of points 5 and 6 in the definition from the OSI. opensource.org/osd

Beanerhunter

Yet for some reason it's still profitable to use illegal labor. I wonder who's behind making sure only the individuals are targeted and not the organizations profiting from them.

Huh, he's got two licences

github.com/jamiebuilds/license/blob/master/README.md

He couldn't enforce this even if he went to court. Good laugh though.

>If you aren't obviously trolling, then you will get a debate.
>Jow Forums
>debate
Didn't read any further. Anything that does not accommodate your far-right philosophy is a "troll" or "slide". Go take your garbage to and debate there if there's any actual debate. Don't litter Jow Forums,

Attached: 1429319696789.jpg (905x624, 93K)

>white supremacist
Incredible that you leftists only care about white men claiming they deserve to be superior in America.

You don't care at all about the Hindus in India, the Han in China or any other group claiming supremacy.

>If you try as a right winger to do that on Reddit or any other leftist stronghold, you'll be immediately banned and have your thread deleted
Not nearly that simple. If you go to r/LiberalsOnlyREEEEEE then of course you'll get shut down. If you go the the_donald then they'll immediately shut down liberals. The difference you're noticing here is not between the ideologies, it's between websites. Jow Forums is unique in that it kinda sorta supports free speech.
>rational thought to return to political discourse and public policy.
Half of the time, Jow Forums will call you a cuck. The other half they do argue, but never rationally, that's for sure.

I wonder what the supreme court would think about ideological discrimination.

Does he really think Fascists are using such a liberal language as Javascript?
I, as a Fascist, never planned on using Javascript anyway and if you are a Fascist and using Javascript you should probably reevaluate your political affiliations.

Here is my Licence:
The following license is modified from the MIT license.

ANTI-FASCIST LICENSE:

The following conditions must be met by any person obtaining a copy of this
software:

- You MAY OR MAY NOT be a fascist.
- You MAY OR MAY NOT financially support fascists.
- You MAY NOT publicly voice support for liberalism.

"Fascist" can be understood as any entity which supports radical authoritarian
nationalism. For example: Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, but not liberals such as Donald Trump.

Violators will be gassed to the full extent permitted by applicable law.

MIT LICENSE:

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

Well you clearly aren't either of those things so why bring it up?

Your fucking delusional ICE basically prosecutes employers 24/7.

I know you get all of your information from antifa news fliers but try reading ICE's actual policies and what they enforce. ice.gov/worksite

If they did their job no one would employ illegals. But clearly everyone fucking does.

Which is why the term "open source" means nothing when you can attach a bunch of conditions to it to the point you would've came out net positive with your time never looking at the code. It also means that anything other than the GPL or other compatible copyleft license is a honeypot and a farcical exercise of being "free" especially with how many people would gladly take and not give back.

HMMMM

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-29-18-21-30-228_com.brave.browser.png (1080x1920, 176K)

but donald trump is a classical liberal.
he believes in constitutional democracy
and limited government
a fascist does not believe in constitutions or democracy.
thats kinda... the main thing that a fascist does.
and trump doesnt do those things.

If the police would do their job nobody would commit crime, oh wait...

Dude its ICE's fucking policy to get the attorney's office involved in prosecuting any employers before they even make a single arrest for I9 violations or immigration shit.

Hey, did you just say that Trump isn't literally Hitler?
NO JAVASCRIPT FOR YOU!

>copyright
You're an invading Jow Forumsluter, aren't you?
Notice how corporations still use cheap labor? Notice how people still immigrate illegally? That's because they failed. ICE is a failure, and it needs to be put down.

His general licence is even funnier. Dude's a nutcase

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-29-18-22-59-974_com.brave.browser.png (1080x1920, 344K)

oy vey, shouldn't that star have 6 points?

If you hate ICE then you must be pro human trafficking.

>ICE is a failure, and it needs to be put down.
Notice how people still commit crime?
The only solution to that is abolishing the police.