All BS aside, is there any actual way to live a botnet free life?

All BS aside, is there any actual way to live a botnet free life?

Attached: aesthetic-ariana-ariana-grande-cute-Favim.com-3122030.jpg (593x640, 120K)

Don't connect to the internet

Go live in the woods with no phone, no internet, and no connection to the outside world

I meant without giving up interwebs

No, try again by being born before the telegraph and hope no one opens your letters

Comfortably? Almost, mostly not, but you can get very close. If you do and support the cause, soon the situation will get better.

You could get pretty close:
>Libreboot X200
>Protonmail
>no social media

all your network traffic gets mirrored to be decrypted later

it's possible, but you have to basically be your own sysadmin. You get to use Linux, know about TLS ciphersuites, how server-name indication, session tickets, and 0-RTT leak info, about how DNS works and how to set up things like DNS-over-TLS, about OpenVPN, about routing in general and how you can configure it, about all the gorillion about:config settings in Firefox, about all the bits and bobs that make the web work - cookies, redirects, the referer, JS APIs - and how they're used and how you can configure them.

You get to avoid social media in all its many forms, facebook, twitter, tinder, discord, you use a gappsless phone that you usually leave at home or keep on airplane mode, you get to be suspicious of every new service or gadget, always asking "how are these people making money off of it". You get to avoid Google. All of it, search, maps, youtube, gmail. You get to pay cash wherever you can, and adamantly refuse that your friends pay you back in cash and not venmo.

Now all this is perfectly 100% possible. There's nothing stopping you from doing it. But it takes effort. You have to learn a bunch of details about shit that you'd really rather not care about. You have to give up a lot of convenient things. You have to push back on people when they try to get you to go along with the botnet for the sake of their convenience. So, how badly do you want it?

Attached: 1530895340239.jpg (604x476, 32K)

s/refuse/insist

i'm tired

What GPS can you use that isn't botnet?

Any windshield mountable GPS with maps loaded from an SD card and no WiFi.

F P B P
P
B
P

GPS is botnet by design

How else are you suppose to get live traffic updates without botnet?

That pretty much covers it, but i would add that before doing all of that, try thinking about your threat model first. If you just use a burner phone, a librebooted Thinkpad with Parabola and a ton of software for all of your communications, and refuse to pay in anything but cash because Jow Forums told you it's cool, that's just gonna make you suspicious and weird. There's nothing more suspicious than sticking out like that. And if you're not someone who was trained professionally to conceal his identity and communications, you will still leak a lot of stuff. So my advise: create a list of things you would like to make private and learn how to do it. There's no need to go full autist and make your life hell.

>live traffic updates without botnet?
Any city large enough to have freeways with traffic jams will have an AM radio station that will give you a live traffic report every ten minutes.

You'll probably tell me "but hey, privacy is a basic human right, i would like to make EVERYTHING private, well yeah, that's not possible. It's just not realistic to go under the radar completely, but what you can do is make SOME stuff private.

Rule of thumb: don't put anything you wouldn't want your mom to see on the internet. That includes private messages and encrypted e-mail. If there's anything private you need to communicate to someone, do it irl. Nothing is ever private on the internet, any information you put there stays there forever and can be made public and used against you.

How is it suspicious to want to live life in privacy? Why do people have this line of thinking. If your life isn't an open book you must be gulity of something. No I just don't want someone knowing what the fuck I'm doing or going every second of every day.

It's not supposed to be suspicious, but it is, unfortunately. I've yet to meet someone irl who doesn't tell me "well it's weird that you don't have whatsapp, i mean, i don't really text about anything illegal there, so no problem haha. do you have something to hide?"

And yeah, nobody really knows what you're doing every second of the day, unless you tell them yourself.

live in a mud hut in the woods. still gotta worry about the satellites though.