What makes Linux Mint the most beginner friendly distro?

What makes Linux Mint the most beginner friendly distro?

Attached: mint.jpg (768x432, 32K)

Very noob friendly GUI. Very well organized software installer with an extremely large selection.

I haven't had to touch the terminal yet. Also screenshot keyboard shortcut is nice.

Too much to say in one post. It kills the windows

By being what Linux should not be-be Windows.

>don't care about security
>don't care about licences

It goes against all the principles of Linux and makes it pretty much a Windows variant of Linux.

>I haven't had to touch the terminal yet.
Is that meant to be a good thing? You install all your packages through GUI?

No. I use xterm and apt. But for everything else except IRC it's non cmd line.

Way I remember them being the first where mp3 just werks, ignoring all the legal nonsense. Cinnamon looks like a better looking successor too Windows XP and is thus familiar.

Mint is unsecure garbage, stop shilling it.

>Also screenshot keyboard shortcut is nice.
What distros *don't* map the print-screen key to a screenshot function?

>Being a functional operating system goes against the principles of Linux
In other news, the sky is blue.

>rebranded noobuntu
Nice malware.

I'll go with on the noob-friendly UI
updates are a breeze. when the shield changes to blue, just a couple of clicks and let it do its thing
same with adding software
the rest is just google-able

only glaring flaw IMO is the firewall is NOT enabled by default. you have to enable it yourself.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (305x453, 23K)

It works

It was my first operating system and it made getting used to GNU/Linux easy until I wanted proprietary drivers. That's when I realized the proprietary drivers are shit.
Cinnamon is a great DE for easing new users into working with GNU/Linux. Of course after that, I would recommend looking into lighter weight DEs and WMs so you can find the right graphics environment for you.

What intermediate distro would you recommend for someone that's been using mint for about year and wants to learn more about linux but not go over his head? In before gentoo, lfs. Would Debian be a good fit?

>ugly name
>ugly logo

Dropped.

The shit hardly works. Get ubuntu

Debian probably.

There's an app for that.
>ctrl-alt-shift r to toggle vp8 webm (no-sound) screen recording is a default for some reason.

Attached: CopyQ.X10265.png (802x626, 75K)

>Linux Mint
>Beginner Friendly
fuck off pajeet, it's one of the least beginner friendly distros there is.
You want user-friendly? Go elmentaryOS.
Now go poo in the loo.

Attached: 1528496762001.jpg (448x400, 53K)

It's ubuntu lts with a nicer gui if you choose cinnamon.

Mint is ok. I think fedora is next for you friend!

It has xed instead of vim.

mint KDE when?

Already there bro.

*made

now it has systemd full flavour, it's just a shit distro. and it's sad

>install wifi drivers on one click
>not beginner friendly

I guess K/X/Lubuntu if mint is as babby tier as people say it is. Debian seemed to force me to dig into /etc/apt and /var/log and learn some cron but that was mostly because my laptop is shit and I didn't really know what I was doing. So maybe Debian testing would be good if you want to learn some sysadmin stuff.

I thought they dropped it?

Honestly I think it's the mint menu.
Every other distro, even ones with cinnamon/mate make you traverse submenus instead of just typing it in like with Win10 start menu.

i3 has this.