Using closed box to house components which need active cooling

>using closed box to house components which need active cooling
>using ATX mobos when ITX are available

Why do people still use big-ass towers with case fans? Unless you are server-rack tier or similar user it just doesn't make any sense. Open ITX cases are the shit.

Attached: itx open case master race.jpg (800x800, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/M900-Tiny/p/11TC1MTM90010FM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where do I plug in my pre-order founders edition 2080ti?

>noisy
>ugly
>more likely to get damaged
>can't mount additional cooling
>no HDD space
>paying a premium for itx

It's like you're not even trying.

>what is dust?
>what is noise?
>what is air flow?
>what is aesthetics?
>what is pci-e slots?
>what is 8 sticks of ram?
>what is 200w+ cpu tdp?
>what is water cooling?
>what do you mean you need more sata for storage?
>what do you mean you need 10gig card?

Attached: 1533587933755.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

Based thermal throttle

nope can oc it even as high as huge case.

I like to be free to have enough space to move my big hands around when fixing shit ok?

Attached: 1520655456104.jpg (1306x1306, 76K)

>MS Surface
>applel
>meme indie case
Fug.

>not being server-rack tier
Caselets belong in /csg

>what is dust
>what is airflow
>what is acoustics

Not using that, OP. Using Lenovo M900 Tiny hooked to 27" QHD IPS. Looks nice and clean, is also silent.

lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/M900-Tiny/p/11TC1MTM90010FM

No case is gay.

I use Arch btw.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

It's amazing how much more quiet my computer is when its not in a case.

Try it for yourselves, just put your computer on the table without a case. Shit's gonna be 5600% more quiet.

My theory is that the fan grills introduce a shitload of turbulence which then translates into more sound or something. I don't have a PHD in aerodynamic thermals

>>what is aesthetics?
you really live up to your pic related.

>small
>good ventilation/thermals
>quiet
Choose 2

Enjoying the 900 dba sfx psu and gpu?

if you care about noise run your computer in other room and run cable thru hole in wall or stream it to a 2.50$ steamlink.

all computers are noisy picking good thermals and small is optimal choices.

that's not a sfx gpu

why not build a case the size of a external laptop gpu?

I found a case the size as the ghost for 60$
found a 495w server psu x2 of them is 60$ and if i open them up and put at 120mm fan on them its basically sfx sized.
can get ITX mobo that can run 9900k for 60$

was going to buy a new psu any way so its like a 100$ to go 8L SFF for me.

this is the gpu in that ghost s1 pic its already oversized and runs cool and quite.

Attached: 1535489454952.png (690x557, 454K)

No it certianly isnt. Despite its size its still one of the loudest 1080ti's on the market.

I wouldnt build a small pc because 99% of the time its under my desk. I wont have a loud pc because its slightly easier to move

whats your logic that SFX is louder?

gpu in a ghost case would have better airflow than in a case with a glass window or side panel with no vents.

and cpu wise you realise the SFX cpu coolers have welded fins and perform way better than 50$ big tower coolers but cost the same?

making a 8L SFX doesn't make your computer louder.. maybe if you start using MINI cards or nano gpus yes it does but at that point your at under 4L which is laptop size and of course laptops are shrill and loud.

not saying your a idiot for using ATX but if you could make your computer 10x smaller for 100$ why wouldn't you if it performed and sounded the same?

This.
Any other answer is gay, including my own.

The real case is a fish tank filled with oil. Quiet, Superior cooling, can make fries

I have 4x8GB DDR4, find me a ryzen itx motherboard with 4 dimm-slots

don't think any exist sell your ram 32gig is a akward amount way too much for gaming but not enough for productivity.

I once was live with an open mATX case (made of plywood), it was horrible.
ATX is the real answer.

perforated sides, dipshit

Attached: ghost_s1_all.png (2560x1440, 1.63M)

still might run a little hotter ghost do lie in their documentation and benchmarks they said their "expensive pci riser cable" increased their min fps in one game by 10fps from using no cable. but I don't expect it to be huge increase in temp not enough to make things throttle but maybe limit some OC.

>"expensive pci riser cable" increased their min fps in one game by 10fps

Attached: PC_gun.jpg (1205x847, 85K)

>but maybe limit some OC
nope

nope as in not effect overclocking or no overclocking even possible?

yer after reading that I decided to not buy a ghost. got a 60$ case from china made with same cad documents and going to get a 2$ riser cable off ebay.

instead of 300$ ghost s1.

Open builds suck in more dust and are louder, although they are relatively cooler if your build does not rely on channeled airflow

not true at all main reason case gets dusty is air getting trapped in side open builds suck in the least amount of dust.

My cat would destroy it.