Attached: Untitled.png (786x486, 927K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yast.opensuse.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>systemd
>kde
>apt package manager
It's pretty much kubuntu.

Wtf is this redpill shit? Do you need someone to convince you to do basic shit?

How about you do what you want you braindead cunt.

Ancient packages & vanilla Plasma. Pretty stable distro.
Was using it before switching to openSUSE Leap which has a better compatibility with my hardware + great backup system + gui for everything + THUMBNAILS IN A FUCKING FILEPICKER.

Language, user.

Chakra is better

KDE Iooks like a cheap android app. use xfce if you want your computer to not look like a mobile GUI.

Attached: actually usable DE.png (1683x1054, 226K)

If anything I have to thank openSUSE for patching the cancer file picker out of Firefox.

>redpill
Since you're a faggot, just use it. There is nothing to tell you.

It's kubuntu without the large repositories
Only of interest if you are a KDE developer and need a mint, tested platform for KDE

neon doesn't get errors every 5 minutes after installation

Pretty much Kubuntu LTS, but with shittier Plasma defaults (in my opinion)

Based
Reddit

It has the same repos dumbass

It's Jow Forums lingo to get others to convince you of something. Absolutely disgusting.

Regardless of that, lemme answer OP:
it's LTS Ubuntu with rolling release KDE software (the basic DE and other programs developed by the KDE project). That's it. Neon is implemented as a PPA. Is that what you're looking for? Why do you want to switch distros?

I always do what I want you whiny little fetus, so shut the fcuk up and cater to me.

That onestly looks fucking disgusting. Aliasing on the fuckin icons? Get out of here.

Its shit. First time I used it sudo command wouldn't accept my password, second time constant screen flickering if opening a new programm/tab/video.

>xfeces
use lxqt, GTKcuck.

If you want kde + Ubuntu, because it's better than kubuntu
If you don't care about Ubuntu then use arch or opensuse
If you don't care about kde then use ubuntu or some other flavor of it

It's the best KDE distro I've used. It still crashes sometimes, but not as often as kubuntu.

Discovery is still shit and should be banned. It's amazing how they put such an important task (updating you entire system) into such a shitty and unreliable software. I've had to log in using command terminal because it hang up on one such update once.

it's bretty comfy

Attached: 2018-08-28-155336_1360x707_scrot.png (1360x707, 395K)

KDE is put pretty flexible with theming. It doesn't have to look like modern flat shit if you don't want it to. That said, I wish there was a QT theme that looked his close to Windows 95 as that.

>gui for everything
can you elaborate? what does it have gui for that that Neon doesn't?
> better compatibility with my hardware
which hardware?
> THUMBNAILS IN A FUCKING FILEPICKER.
Windows user here. Neon doesn't have image thumbnails in the file explorer? wat

>xfce
>not superior GNUstep

>what does it have gui for that that Neon doesn't?
yast.opensuse.org/
look at modules page to see all things that you can use YaST for.
It can be used for something trivial like setting up keyboard layouts or for something niche like management of Btrfs snaps.
>which hardware?
openSUSE is known for being AMD the distro.
>Neon doesn't have image thumbnails in the file explorer?
Last time i checked - it didn't because it uses GTK filepicker instead of KDialog.

Attached: yast.png (1366x768, 184K)

the minimal kde neon, debian, and kubuntu installs are very nice

>image thumbnails in the file explorer
it has previews for pictures in the file browser itself but not in the case when you want upload an image to Jow Forums (for example) and search through files using a dialog window of your browser.

Attached: kdialog.png (958x728, 165K)

kubuntu sucked enough for kde to decide to do their own thing

"Inspired" by the Redox-OS logo??

Yeah, it only takes 1

I updated KDE on Arch recently and now it's fucked. It won't set the proper resolution and locks up everything when I click the menu button. I deleted the old config and cache and it still won't work.

tl;dr with KDE your mileage may vary

Sounds like Arch life

Try troubleshooting for PBCAK

How do I install it via yaourt? I believe it won't be yielded as a result from a yaourt search query for it...

Pretty sure I'm not the problem here.

How the fuck do I install QT dependencies on Neon?
It keeps spamming that this package breaks another package, and i need a third package to get this package. What a load of shit.
I'm doing
sudo apt install *libqt*[/cpde] and expect to grab 500mb of shit and never touch QT again.

16.04 KDE Neon is fucked up for that stuff. Don't bother because it's impossible

What should I get?
I switched to Kubuntu and it has no transparency and other important OOTB features.

That's because it's on LTS which which is the 5.12.x branch so it won't have those features. You can try to find that ppa that updates the plasma version or use something like Arch or Fedora

So if I get openSUSE will I be able to just install 2GB of dependencies the first 2 minutes and not have the entire distro fall apart?

You should be able to. Try in a VM first

Okay, great. Tumbleweed or Leap?
They came with zypper, right? Should I instal something else? What about AUR?

I would go with tumbleweed. Yes it comes with zypper. Install whatever the other repository for suse it. Can't remember the name. Not sure if it is called AUR

Thanks