/spg/ - Smartphone General

Poco Poco Poco Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: xiaomi-pocophone-f1.jpg (1200x628, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wxc2IgK24mc
download.lineageos.org/whyred
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Pro,Xiaomi-Mi-A1/phones/10747,10592#/phones/size/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Pro,Xiaomi-Mi-A1,Xiaomi-Mi-A2-Lite/phones/10747,10592,10950
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.nachonotch
androidpolice.com/2018/04/10/ftc-reminds-phone-makers-cant-void-warranties-repairs-made-using-unauthorized-parts/
gizmochina.com/2018/08/28/live-photos-of-a-moto-g6-plus-or-moto-g6s-plus-with-water-drop-notch-surface-drags-along-a-motorola-one-too/
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p4.php
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9293#show
youtu.be/ZGn4v1cbt0A?t=2m57s
youtu.be/VFgHoxmrhfk
alternate.de/Xiaomi/Pocophone-F1-64GB-Handy/html/product/1472614
mix-computer.de/mix/detail.xhtml?articleId=1472614
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/Wxc2IgK24mc

Pocophone scam E X P O S E D

>notch
lmao

Anyone hyped for IFA 2018 starting on the 31st?

Phones that are expected to be launched there:
>BlackBerry Key2 LE
>Sony XZ3 line
>LG V40
>Huawei Mate 20 line
>Motorola P30
>Nokia 9
>HTC U12 Life

Nice clickbait pajeet. Nothing to see there.

>disgusting pajeet accent

Attached: 1480039134100.png (225x400, 124K)

Is anyone having random screen rotation issue with the Redmi Note 5 on custom rom? Sometimes in games the screen would flip upside down even though I'm not doing anything.

Just buy it

Whats the easiest way to copy apps from phone to phone with settings intact?

I have some apps which their settings and such don't sync with google or something like that.

Whats the besr phone for around 400€ in yurop if all i care is camera and baterry life, but mostly camera?

So i just ordered a Mi A1 for the equivalent of $170 USD.

Should i keep it with the default ROM or change it to another? If so, what ROM do you guys recommend? I just want as much SoT as possible.

Attached: rAjsU18.png (1092x1100, 1.2M)

pixel

I own one and i think the clean android gives you a pretty good experiance but havent tried LOS yet even though it has an official ROM. I'm waiting for EOL before unlocking it.

Titanium backup, but you need root for that I think. You could try copying the app's data over manually from /android/data/.

Heard there wede a lot of problems with the screen. Is there a way to avoid that?

Pocophone F1

>I just want as much SoT as possible
Should have got a Redmi Note 5 then, not something with a tiny 3000mah battery.

Anyone use the LineageOS for Redmi Note 5?
download.lineageos.org/whyred

Is it stable?

Droid 4 or photon q?

Was my other option, but shit is way to big for me (6"). Also microUsb instead of Type-c was another deciding factor, because everyone around me has type-c usbs, so it gets handy to have the same port.

The phones are practically the same size though. You could have also got the Mi A2 Lite (also has a 4000mah battery) that's actually smaller than the A1
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Pro,Xiaomi-Mi-A1/phones/10747,10592#/phones/size/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Pro,Xiaomi-Mi-A1,Xiaomi-Mi-A2-Lite/phones/10747,10592,10950

Anyone here actually got their hands on a Poco yet?

Also, I imagine with the demand they'll be priced higher than $300 for now.

got a new galaxy s8+.

What should I do to it? Root it? new launcher? etc Im new to phones

Don't root Samsung phones, you'll trip knox and void your warranty

return it and buy a pocomeme

>Poco

Always reminds me of russia, POCO like RUSO in cyrillic.

Are Android One devices worth it? What's the best value for money phone that will get updates in the future? (200 euro max)

Nowhere in the video is the word scam mentioned and yet you're claiming to have uncovered something. What is it? Flash sales? Wow, surely that must be a revolutionary economic solution for scamming customers.

Just get a Redmi Note 5

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.nachonotch

Don't need an app to hide the notch, the Poco has a setting for that natively

Attached: tD59OG9.jpg (2419x2208, 827K)

Just buy a device with an unlockable bootloader and available kernel source codes. Android One programs can only guarantee two Android version updates, on top of still being proprietary. Not exactly a good solution for the most updates as possible.

I'm aware of that, but I just wanted to let him know that third party solutions exist as well.

Good tip thanks. Super appreciate the $ you just saved me

>chink shit
>notch
nah, I don't get the meme.

The only thing that worked for me is to turn on auto rotate then turn off to lock the screen to horizontal. It's weird because MIUI is fine (even the Xiaomi.eu rom is fine) but the problem happened with every non-MIUI roms I've tried.

>imagine being a notchlet

Attached: 1522022501554.jpg (223x226, 8K)

Ignore it, it's the new "official Jow Forums phone" and a fresh meme so everyone is having fun shitposting about it. Your S8+ doesn't compare but it's a great phone overall.

that guy doesn't know what he's talking about

androidpolice.com/2018/04/10/ftc-reminds-phone-makers-cant-void-warranties-repairs-made-using-unauthorized-parts/

>FTC reminds phone makers they can't void warranties over repairs made using unauthorized parts
This has nothing to do with Knox or bootloader unlocking

Moto G6S leak thoughts?

gizmochina.com/2018/08/28/live-photos-of-a-moto-g6-plus-or-moto-g6s-plus-with-water-drop-notch-surface-drags-along-a-motorola-one-too/

Attached: Moto-G6-Plus-or-Moto-G6S-Plus-front.png (584x1200, 717K)

its legally the same thing, technicalities are irrelevant

NOTCH'D

Attached: 33333.png (350x364, 83K)

Whale tail notch. Nice
user meant if you dick with a Samsung you can trigger Knox so you're stuck with a glass paperweight.

>thick black bezel all around
Looks even more disgusting than most notch phones

>chink shit
>notch
>nah, I don't get the meme
There is no meme. It's superior price/performance device than even the Redmi Note 5.

If I buy the new front glass panel and LCD for my broken Galaxy S8, how much would a repair shop generally charge to fit those?

Attached: whois.jpg (1502x1001, 209K)

What is the best value snapdragon 845 phone? Still the OP6?

Pocophone F1

Xiaomi phones throttle though. It's one thing to have the processor, it's another to be able to utilize it.

Pocophone doesn't throttle, the liquid cooling makes sure of that:
>We can only praise the Pocophone F1 for its great, sustained performance. MIUI is well optimized and doesn't bog down Android since it is lean and smooth. Running a benchmark repeatedly doesn't slow the phone at all.
>The Poco F1 equipped with the fastest chip available today, runs smooth and lag-free, the interface is snappy, and there is no throttling and overheating. Great job, Xiaomi!
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p4.php

Except it doesn't. No review, be it sponsored or not has said anything about throttling. Stop falling for pajeet memes.

Attached: Growing stronger.png (350x364, 136K)

I don't care about legalities if my phone breaks. That's the important aspect not some autistic legal shit

Furthermore, no phones which overheat and severely throttle can score this high on battery endurance tests.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9293#show

>Redmi Note 5
are you memeing or being paid to shill for crap? I don't give a shit if it's 200x more performance than the Laowai-Chinkinator6000

>that notch
kek

>Moto G4

I'm not familiar with the pocophone, but:

youtu.be/ZGn4v1cbt0A?t=2m57s

Yeah, you're not.

Attached: 9qREEYw.jpg (960x640, 76K)

How much should I expect a repair shop to charge to fit a new LCD and front glass panel (if i bring those myself) to my broken Galaxy s8?

thx Jow Forums

Attached: yeaboi.jpg (1024x992, 162K)

What are the key advantages the Pocomeme has over the OnePlus6?

>Way cheaper
>Bigger battery which is also easily removable
>Not made out of glass

MicroSD slot

HA HA HA.... LOOK AT HIS HEAD

SD slot, if not for that I'd already have gotten the OP6

The OP6 also has a smaller notch, a headphone jack and a WAY better operating system in OxygenOS.

>memeing
>paid to shill for this crap
>mild to moderate racist slurs
Yeah, you have it all figured out just by shitposting and not even discussing anything related to the two devices mentioned. Good thing these new report categories were implemented.

The Galaxy s8 does not have an LCD panel

Well, Oxygen OS has been compromised and so has MIUI. Luckily both are developer friendly devices. Pocophone has a headphone jack as well.

Call the shops around u fgt how are we supposed to know?

Better cameras youtu.be/VFgHoxmrhfk

Best android launchers and or themes / customizations? Have Samsung

Attached: 1518429734411.jpg (540x663, 83K)

Should I get a Note 9?

Attached: mpvshot0001.png (710x569, 717K)

Nova launcher, black #000000 wallpaper, riced icons

Attached: 1517803178608.jpg (731x620, 196K)

wot r u talking about

I asked how much I should expect, not how much I will pay.
Learn to read.

>bite my phone hahaha it'll be epik

Anyone here with a motor g5 plus? Is gapless playback broken on this particular model?

different poster but youd have to use the stock rom, what's the smallest phone you can use lineageos with?

Attached: 1506690267865.jpg (340x480, 28K)

Redmi Note 6 coming this weekend

Fuck should I wait or jump the gun on meme5?

US, T-Mobile
I just want a shit ton of battery life, and a big fuckin screen. I basically sit at work all day, I need something where I can look at dumb shit, and I want to get back into Hearthstone. AMOLED screen preferred. I used to have a Note 4 back in the it was great until it started to EMMC error. Also, something that isn't a pain in the ass to root is nice.
Budget: I want to try to stay under $1000 unless I can buy it on contract to make it a little easier to pay,

Doesn't change anything. Instead of asking on the internet go find for yourself out how much it'll cost.

Wait ofc

Note9 has a big 6.4" display and a 4000mah battery. Razer phone also worth checking out, it also has a 4000mah battery.

If you want something cheaper get one of the Moto Z phones (Z2 Play is currently $299 on Motorola's own site). With a battery MotoMod you can increase the total battery capacity to 5000mah or even 6000mah.

Looking for a smartphone for my fiance.
She dropped hers and the screen is now shattered a bit. Still usable but whatever, she deserves better. Our anniversary is coming up so I thought I'd surprise her with some mid-tier phone. Doing a bit of research I ended up with the Redmi note 5. Tell me why or why not.

>tl;dr
Looking for new smartphone at a price range of 250-300$

Attached: Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi--.jpg (1000x1000, 69K)

Pocophone, if you're willing to stretch your budget a bit. Otherwise Note 5 is a good choice.

I've always been cautious of taking my phone to shops for repairs since there's the possibility of them connecting via usb to their pc and breaking into my files or using some other method to get in past the usual password.

Is there anything to install on android to help prevent that from happening?

Attached: The guy sitting in front of me on the bus kept trying to put on a seat belt but there was no seat be (400x224, 630K)

I don't know why but the redmi note 5 goes for 190€ and the pocophone is around 370-390€
Maybe some Europe bullshit going on but it's more than twice the price.

>around 370-390€
That's just the resellers being jewish. It goes on sale tomorrow officially, MSRP starts at 329€ for the base model.

>It goes on sale tomorrow officially,
Well then I guess I will look it up tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Everyone itt keeps recommending Poco but where the fuck do I actually get one?

In the trash bin

He didn't ask where to find your mom.
It goes on sale tomorrow officially.

Try storing your music in internal storage, if it doesn't work, try another player.

THE NOTCH IS VISIBLE IN REAL LIFE EVEN WITH OLED SCREENS WHEN "HIDDEN" YOU D O U B L E N I G G E R S.

Attached: IMG_20180823_203439.jpg (4160x2340, 3.1M)

If you're in Germany these two stores already have the Pocophone listed at 329€. Just pay attention to the shipping date
>Order now, ready to ship in 17 days
>Delivery between Mon 17. and Tue 18. September
alternate.de/Xiaomi/Pocophone-F1-64GB-Handy/html/product/1472614
mix-computer.de/mix/detail.xhtml?articleId=1472614

should i get it now? will the price drop further after a couple of days time? software updates for xiaomi phones decent?

Attached: pocophone f1.png (916x243, 76K)

Is that a legit site? That's cheaper than in India. Seems too good to be true.

Could I get an insurance policy on my already broken (but just about usable - it turns on and I can use it, just the lcd is horribly disfigured) phone, then wait a month, and then make a claim to get a new one?

>cheaper than India
Isn't the Indian price 21k rupees? That's ~£230.

Where should I order from a replacement screen for xiaomi mi a1? Most of the screens on aliexpress have reviews with negative feedback due to various color tints, not working button backlight and or front camera hole being cut few mm lower than it should